Game of Thrones

Code Red

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 29 2012, 03:13 PM)
OK... I just watched it again and it was clearly Stannis's men pulling him out of battle.

We argued about that at our house as well, rewatched it and I agree, his own men pulled him away.

Shocking about the guy tried to kill Tyrion i didn't notice that, maybe I'll watch it again.

A LOT crammed into what was a epic battle scene!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 29 2012, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 29 2012, 03:13 PM)
OK... I just watched it again and it was clearly Stannis's men pulling him out of battle.

We argued about that at our house as well, rewatched it and I agree, his own men pulled him away.

Shocking about the guy tried to kill Tyrion i didn't notice that, maybe I'll watch it again.

A LOT crammed into what was a epic battle scene!

Guess I need to re-watch it. I suppose my old memory's playin' tricks on me. Again.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 29 2012, 02:13 PM)

One thing I did notice was that the guy who tried to kill Tyrion and got a spear throught the skull was a Lannister guy...So somebody put a hit out on him...God it sucks being a Lannister.

Yup, that was ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ May 30 2012, 10:11 PM)
That is Ser Mandon Moore to you wink.gif

I agree that was definitely Stannis men that were holding him back.

It looks like Tyrion will keep his nose, I have been wondering about that the whole season.

I was disappointed in that. My wife once observed that in some scenes, Peter Dinklage is a pretty good-looking guy (different strokes, I guess). I assured her he wouldn't be by the end of the season. Guess I will be wrong.

I think the screen writers have done a good job in maintaining the grit and pain that Martin offers in the text. However, they do seem to pull off at certain times. Leaving the nose is on example of that.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jun 1 2012, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ May 30 2012, 10:11 PM)
That is Ser Mandon Moore to you  wink.gif

I agree that was definitely Stannis men that were holding him back.

It looks like Tyrion will keep his nose, I have been wondering about that the whole season.

I was disappointed in that. My wife once observed that in some scenes, Peter Dinklage is a pretty good-looking guy (different strokes, I guess). I assured her he wouldn't be by the end of the season. Guess I will be wrong.

I think the screen writers have done a good job in maintaining the grit and pain that Martin offers in the text. However, they do seem to pull off at certain times. Leaving the nose is on example of that.

Yeah... I'm thinking taking your Emmy-winning breakout star of the series - and the only reason a fair number of people watch the show - and removing his nose for the rest of the series probably gave the producers the cold sweats wink.gif laugh.gif

Friggin' EPIC season finale!

I didn't think they would top last week's episode. I was so fking wrong. Tonight's episode was fantastic! Peter Dinklage deserves another Emmy - that man has the most expressive face I've ever seen. I've been a little bored by Dany's time spent in Qarth, but man, every minute in the House of the Undying was fantastic, and the aftermath?! With the vault?!

I admit, I got a little choked up during the scenes in Winterfell, but Theon's fate made me laugh.

The final scene with Samwell... Winter is coming, indeed.

I can't believe we have to wait another 9-10 months for season 3.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 3 2012, 11:31 PM)
I didn't think they would top last week's episode. I was so fking wrong. Tonight's episode was fantastic! Peter Dinklage deserves another Emmy - that man has the most expressive face I've ever seen. I've been a little bored by Dany's time spent in Qarth, but man, every minute in the House of the Undying was fantastic, and the aftermath?! With the vault?!

I admit, I got a little choked up during the scenes in Winterfell, but Theon's fate made me laugh.

The final scene with Samwell... Winter is coming, indeed.

I can't believe we have to wait another 9-10 months for season 3.

Yeah, I was pretty blown away by that final scene as well. I'm just now finishing up with the first book, so the 9-10 month wait will help me catch up and (hopefully) get ahead in the series.

I still need to watch the episode tonight, cannot wait to do so. But ive been hearing alot of praise for the final scene and have read some comments of kinda what happens, plus Ive seen the soundtrack tracklisting and noticed the final song is titled "three blasts".... And if it is what I think it is that scene is not in book 2 at all, but is actually the prologue for book 3.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Jun 4 2012, 04:43 PM)
Gah, was at a hotel last night and for some FRAKKING reason the HBO channel switched from HBO to HBO comedy a few hours before air time... guess I will have to wait to enjoy it later.

Oh man, that's just cruel. Sorry sad.gif

Just finished the episode (and now the season).... Loved the finale!

Nice to get an up close and clear view of the White Walkers, and to see the difference between them and the Whites. Great cliffhanger....and as I mentioned before this scene actually happens as the prologue to book 3, and not at the end of book 2, but it also takes place at the point of view from 2 no name characters and not Samwell... I did like that change. Zombie horses were fantastic by the way.

I liked but had issues with the House of the Undying scene... If I was going into this blind I would have loved it without question, it was really well done.... but as a book reader there is some stuff that happens there that is totally left out of the episode... Important stuff as well... as in the visions that Dany has foreshadow some MAJOR events to come... sad to see that was cut, but I liked the scene...... I had been frustrated with Dany on the show this whole season, but to see her actually not being a negative nancy (as she had been this whole season) and actually get something done and take command at the end (once again despite book differences) made me happy.

Loved the Jaquen H'ghar scene, and while I was in the books this way, I was totally hoping the show would go total Doctor Who when Jaquen changed his face..

I loved the Winterfell scenes, and how Theon lost it, but was sad not to see "Reek"..(cannot elaborate on that more without going into spoilers)

Jon and Quorin was good, very different from the books, but it's a lot less vague in the books why Jon kills the Halfhand. In the books after Jon lets Yegritte go, he returns to Quorin and the other Night's Watch men...later they are cornered in a cave when Quorin makes the suggestion to go into Mance Raider's camp as a spy, but that John would have to kill him... and he does so at the Halfhand's command. And if you missed the quick line he says that one crow with the wildlings is worth 20 outside, you might miss on that point completely.

Season 2 overall was great, though watching it as a book reader has changed my outlook on the show.. I had watched season 1 before I read the books, and was not looking for changes at every turn... so my enjoyment of season 1 was a bit better, but in terms of pacing and thrills there was a lot more to enjoy in season 2. Now to wait 10 months for season 3......oh, joy! Probably gonna re-read the books.

One other issue I had with this past season was the Robb/Talisa/Catlyn story-line in the story..... setting aside that the person that Robb falls for is a completly different character in the books...but the motivations that guided the decisions that Robb made (breaking a marriage vow) and Catlyn made (releasing Jamie) make little sence in the show. In the books both Robb and Cat do hear of Bran and Rickon's "deaths" and is a motivator for those decisions...in the show they are unaware of the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon...thus the release of Jamie and the abrubt romance and marriage of Robb seem more drastic and somewhat stupid in the show.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Aug 21 2012, 07:19 PM)
While we are waiting for a few months for the blu-ray to come out and the new season here is the Game of Thrones opening sung by a cat .

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0015.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I was reading some set reports for the filming of season 3 last week, apparently a certain notable scene has been shot, the book readers reading this thread know what scene from A Storm of Swords I'm talking about....... Yes "THAT" scene. Probably the most notable moment from the entirety of A Song of Ice and Fire. It seems that the production crew spent several days on the sequence and it will be done good justice.

I really cannot wait for the reactions the show viewers only have to the moment in question

Edit to add: I for obvious reasons teased something that book readers will get but would leave tv viewers nonethewiser, since this is about the show ill keep it that way outside spoiler tags. I however have started a asoiaf thread in turn the page where I could discuss this as well and go into full spoiler mode....

"....."and who are you", the proud lord said, "that I should bow so low"....."

Edited by The Owl

Getting close to season 3.... HBO just released a small "In Production" featurette for season 3!!!!

I watched it, some minor spoilers...but nothing more than you would get with a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj0e0r_yLI

I envy alot of you... "A Storm of Swords" is the best novel in the series and Season 3 is going to start adapting that material, this season (as well as season 4, which will cover the last 3rd or so of A Storm of Swords) is going to be remarkable.

Edited by The Owl