Moving Pictures 5.1 Release Date

jesse2112

Oh yes CD/BD for me!

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Feb 17 2011, 04:09 PM)
Anyone know if the CD will be a new mix, or is it the same as the 1997 remaster?

From how the information is worded in the link provided, my guess is that it's a full out 5.1 remaster from the masters. The 1997 remaster probably wouldn't really be a useful starting point for a 5.1 mix I imagine. Starting fresh from the master tapes is always the way to go.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Feb 17 2011, 01:22 PM)
Anyone know if the CD will be a new mix, or is it the same as the 1997 remaster?

From how the information is worded in the link provided, my guess is that it's a full out 5.1 remaster from the masters. The 1997 remaster probably wouldn't really be a useful starting point for a 5.1 mix I imagine. Starting fresh from the master tapes is always the way to go.

I know the 5.1 mix is new, but the DVD and Bluray packages come with a CD. You can't put a 5.1 mix on a CD unless you use a SACD which is kind of a dead format. What I was wondering is if the mix on the CD is also a new remaster or are they also repackaging the 1997 remaster with the 5.1 mix?

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Feb 17 2011, 04:28 PM)

I know the 5.1 mix is new, but the DVD and Bluray packages come with a CD. You can't put a 5.1 mix on a CD unless you use a SACD which is kind of a dead format. What I was wondering is if the mix on the CD is also a new remaster or are they also repackaging the 1997 remaster with the 5.1 mix?

Would be pretty useless if you ask me, seeing as how pretty much everyone and their mother has the '97 remasters.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Feb 17 2011, 05:15 PM)

Would be pretty useless if you ask me, seeing as how pretty much everyone and their mother has the '97 remasters.

I think that the CD/DVD package would be similar to Porcupine Tree's Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream 5.1 mix reissues. The CD would be the 2011 remaster in stereo, and the DVD would have both the 5.1 and stereo mixes. Seems like the logical way to package a CD/DVD reissue if you ask me.

QUOTE (Cygnals @ Feb 17 2011, 05:46 PM)
And the Toledo concert IS April 6th!

What a great thrill to hear MP in 5.1 on release day and then hear it live the following night! Nice!

653.gif Yeah I was thinking the same thing

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Feb 17 2011, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Feb 17 2011, 05:15 PM)

I think that the CD/DVD package would be similar to Porcupine Tree's Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream 5.1 mix reissues. The CD would be the 2011 remaster in stereo, and the DVD would have both the 5.1 and stereo mixes. Seems like the logical way to package a CD/DVD reissue if you ask me.

If they do the entire back catalog (including live albums) like this, I certainly wouldn't mind. Make it like the Genesis remasters.

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Feb 23 2011, 01:15 PM)
I don't know what bonus features you guys wanted, but Rush doesn't really have a lot of unreleased videos from that era in the vaults. Unless they found unused Exit... footage, which I doubt.

man, that would've been cool if there was unreleased ESL footage!

Archived