Best Gabriel-era Genesis album?

marblesmike

Which of these is the best Genesis album with Peter Gabriel?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is the best Genesis album with Peter Gabriel?

• From Genesis To Revelation
    • Trespass
    • Nursery Crime
    • Foxtrot
    • Genesis Live
    • Selling England By The Pound
    • The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Feb 7 2011, 02:28 PM)
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Wow, that's a surprise smile.gif

I've been listening to side 2 of Nursery Cryme a lot lately and that's great too. Lamb is great too. My favorite album of this era changes quite frequently.

To note, I think it's amazing that Foxtrot has only two votes thus far. The only weak track in my opinion is Get 'em Out by Friday. It's not terrible, it's sort of like Epping Forest. Maybe I'm just not English enough to get it. Otherwise though, Foxtrot is an amazing album too. Supper's Ready might be one of the best things the band ever did.

:musicnote: Echoes of the Broadway Everglades... :musicnote: :AlienSmiley: :smoke:

Lamb for me!

What an old thread, lol.

Having not yet heard The Lamb or Tresspass, I feel pretty safe saying Foxtrot is objectively better than the rest that I've heard.

SEBTP flows poorly right around Epping Forest (also I don't think Firth Of Fifth sounds brilliant right after IKWIL, but oh well), and it just looses me sometimes, not to mention Gabriel's vocals aren't really a huge highlight except for the start and Epping Forest (which is good, but very messy and flawed), so it feels a little heavy on the instrumentals to me sometimes.

Nursery Cryme is a tough listen from a production standpoint. The quiets are too quiet and the louds too loud and it all sounds a bit muddy or something. Excellent compositions though.

Genesis Live is great, but it should've been a double album with Supper's Ready and a couple more tracks. Seconds Out... Is better.

The debut is nice.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo