Cutler's MRI results

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 25 2011, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 25 2011, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 25 2011, 03:50 PM)
A lot of it has to do with his actions on the sidelines. I don't give 2 shits because I have never been overly impressed with Cutler, but his actions on the sideline is what's creating all this talk. No scene of him arguing to get in, no frustration on his face, just a "I don't care" look on his face while he cranks the Bieber. No crutches, no ice, no nothing.

I blew out by ACL, and my son tore his MCL playing football. For me it hurt when it happened, but the pain went away. My son said he experienced the same thing. He came out for a few plays, but continued to play and it wasn't until after the game that we realized how bad it was for him. He ended up with a torn MCL and a severe ankle sprain.

Well said.

Cutler is the epitome of a gutless player. Nothing could convince me otherwise. no.gif

Idiots.

He was told by the medical staff during halftime that he shouldn't play, and it was HIM who insisted that he come back after halftime and play, against medical advice. When it was clear he couldn't play, then he agreed to stop.

You can play on a broken leg, you can play with a ruptured ACL, but you cannot play quarterback with a tear in your MCL. Your leg would not be able to allow you to make any passes.

I don't like Cutler. I think the trade to get him was questionable. I think he played like crap in the first half before Raji injured him. However, anyone who has any clue whatsoever about football and has seen Cutler play over the last two seasons with the Bears and their shitty offensive line, knows that he is tough as nails and is no quitter.

Morons.

Exactly. You can criticise Cutler about a lot of things, and toughness isn't one of them.

And don't forget that Cutler has type 2 diabetes too.

Edited by ILSnwdog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 25 2011, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 25 2011, 11:34 PM)
A lot of it has to do with his actions on the sidelines. I don't give 2 shits because I have never been overly impressed with Cutler, but his actions on the sideline is what's creating all this talk. No scene of him arguing to get in, no frustration on his face, just a "I don't care" look on his face while he cranks the Bieber. No crutches, no ice, no nothing.

I blew out by ACL, and my son tore his MCL playing football. For me it hurt when it happened, but the pain went away. My son said he experienced the same thing. He came out for a few plays, but continued to play and it wasn't until after the game that we realized how bad it was for him. He ended up with a torn MCL and a severe ankle sprain.

Well said.

Cutler is the epitome of a gutless player. Nothing could convince me otherwise. no.gif

Idiots.

He was told by the medical staff during halftime that he shouldn't play, and it was HIM who insisted that he come back after halftime and play, against medical advice. When it was clear he couldn't play, then he agreed to stop.

You can play on a broken leg, you can play with a ruptured ACL, but you cannot play quarterback with a tear in your MCL. Your leg would not be able to allow you to make any passes.

I don't like Cutler. I think the trade to get him was questionable. I think he played like crap in the first half before Raji injured him. However, anyone who has any clue whatsoever about football and has seen Cutler play over the last two seasons with the Bears and their shitty offensive line, knows that he is tough as nails and is no quitter.

Morons.

Exactly. You can criticise Cutler about a lot of things, and toughness isn't one of them.

And don't forget that Cutler has type 1 vaginitis too.

Fixed

Edited by Huge Ackman

I really want to come up with a witty, biting response here.

But I *am* female, after all, and I'm just feeling too weak and spineless and afraid and full of estrogen to come up with one.

eyesre4.gif

Some of you guys are real princes, you know? Jesus.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 26 2011, 09:54 AM)

But I *am* female, after all, and I'm just feeling too weak and spineless and afraid and full of estrogen to come up with one.

eyesre4.gif

Some of you guys are real princes, you know?  Jesus.

Bible says; "show honor to the woman as the weaker vessel"

So we're all here to honor you Ghost Girl trink39.gif

laugh.gif

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 25 2011, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 25 2011, 08:09 PM)
Anyone who is defending Cutler knows little about him.

Anyone who is dissing Cutler knows little about him.

NONE of us know the actual condition of his knee, what his trainers and coaches decided on the sidelines during the game, and if he tried/didn't try to get back in the game. We know NOTHING.

When we know nothing, our best course of action is to ZIP IT and stop acting like self-righteous know-it-alls. yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

My opinion of him has nothing to do with what was or is wrong with his knee. It was his lack of involvement from the sideline. He didn't seem to show any dedication nor concern for what was happening on the field and basically looked like he had completely checked out. Not the behavior of a team leader and somebody whose job it is is to set an example for his team to follow. I guess I should feel happy that that is how he behaved because the Bears played about like Cutler looked from the sideline...bored, disinterested, inconvenienced by the fact that there was a football game going on.

By the way, medial collateral ligament sprains can be played through with just a little bit of modern medical technology, tape and a brace. Had Cutler done anything to look like he was trying to continue, then come out after giving it a go, I'd judge much less harshly but the fact that he limped off under his own power and just didn't return looked really bad.

comp26.gif

pokey.gif

trink39.gif

cheer.gif

By the way alphseeker, that photo in your sig is AWESOME!!! I always love to see anyone riding a Fecalized bike on their face...hahahaha!

Edited by Huge Ackman

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 26 2011, 08:54 AM)

eyesre4.gif

Some of you guys are real princes, you know? Jesus.

LOL - don't take everything so literally. My comment was meant in the same regards as "pussy" as tick said. But seeing you really don't know me, I can see where it's easy to make that short leap. As you know, I coach football and we had our first girl ever on the team this past year. She rocked. She was way more dedicated than Cutler LMAO!! (see I didn't say "tougher" as we cannot question his toughness)

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 26 2011, 12:34 AM)

Well said.

Idiots.

Morons.

Your an asshole Pedro. atickhum.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Jan 26 2011, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 25 2011, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 25 2011, 08:09 PM)
Anyone who is defending Cutler knows little about him.

Anyone who is dissing Cutler knows little about him.

NONE of us know the actual condition of his knee, what his trainers and coaches decided on the sidelines during the game, and if he tried/didn't try to get back in the game. We know NOTHING.

When we know nothing, our best course of action is to ZIP IT and stop acting like self-righteous know-it-alls. yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

My opinion of him has nothing to do with what was or is wrong with his knee. It was his lack of involvement from the sideline. He didn't seem to show any dedication nor concern for what was happening on the field and basically looked like he had completely checked out. Not the behavior of a team leader and somebody whose job it is is to set an example for his team to follow. I guess I should feel happy that that is how he behaved because the Bears played about like Cutler looked from the sideline...bored, disinterested, inconvenienced by the fact that there was a football game going on.

By the way, medial collateral ligament sprains can be played through with just a little bit of modern medical technology, tape and a brace. Had Cutler done anything to look like he was trying to continue, then come out after giving it a go, I'd judge much less harshly but the fact that he limped off under his own power and just didn't return looked really bad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66

this

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 26 2011, 12:34 AM)

Well said.

Idiots.

Morons.

If I am reading this correctly Pedro is addressing this to idiots and he signed it as morons. Why so hard on yourself Pedro?

I'm not really a Jay Cutler fan, but I think the whole questioning his moxie through his injury is unfounded. Not every injury is a "writhing on the sidelines in pain" type of thing. A ligament tears, that's it, you're out.

As for his demeanor overall, I'm a Giants fan and I've gotten used to Eli Manning and his never-too-high and never-too-low and not-so-hurrah type of demeanor and I've come to learn that not every player has it in 'em to be a big cheerleader and high-fiver.

Then again, you're payin' the guy 10 or 15 mil a year, ya better do just about anything for that team and owner who's shellin' out big cash for you to perform.

Edited by Bastille Dave

Who the hell cares.

Bears lost the game would've lost the game whether he was in or not.

Question his character say whatever you want. They pay him for a reason I personally have been pulled out of games/pulled myself out of games due to injuries they might not of been life threatening but I do realize that you can be as tough as you want but in the end what's more important? Your health or a chance to win a superbowl (in cutlers case?) I'd pick my health over a superbowl/one game/ big championship any day and whether it was Cutler himself or Lovie that took him out good call. It's one game, don't risk the rest of your life just for just that.

Edited by *Limelight*

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jan 26 2011, 05:24 PM)
Your health or a chance to win a superbowl (in cutlers case?) I'd pick my health over a superbowl/one game/ big championship any day and whether it was Cutler himself or Lovie that took him out good call. It's one game, don't risk the rest of your life just for just that.

Sorry, no sympathy for "the rest of your life" argument from me. There was nothing even remotely life-threatening about his ailment and barely any risk if were treated and protected properly in the locker room. This is the type of injury that multi-million dollar babies SHOULD play through in nearly any circumstance as part of their daily obligation to their employers and fans. And it is 100%, certainly, no-doubt the type of relatively minor injury that can be very effectively treated on the sideline or locker room of any NFL stadium in a way that would completely eliminate the player's pain and remove the possibility of further injury... no long-term risk involved. That said, the guy who has been through the treatment and tape wrap and brace it would likely take to make it possible for him to continue would be less mobile and less effective with the ball. But the situation demanded that he at least try, and he didn't try. That's why I think he deserves all the criticism he's receiving.

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Jan 26 2011, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jan 26 2011, 05:24 PM)
Your health or a chance to win a superbowl (in cutlers case?) I'd pick my health over a superbowl/one game/ big championship any day and whether it was Cutler himself or Lovie that took him out good call. It's one game, don't risk the rest of your life just for just that.

Sorry, no sympathy for "the rest of your life" argument from me. There was nothing even remotely life-threatening about his ailment and barely any risk if were treated and protected properly in the locker room. This is the type of injury that multi-million dollar babies SHOULD play through in nearly any circumstance as part of their daily obligation to their employers and fans. And it is 100%, certainly, no-doubt the type of relatively minor injury that can be very effectively treated on the sideline or locker room of any NFL stadium in a way that would completely eliminate the player's pain and remove the possibility of further injury... no long-term risk involved. That said, the guy who has been through the treatment and tape wrap and brace it would likely take to make it possible for him to continue would be less mobile and less effective with the ball. But the situation demanded that he at least try, and he didn't try. That's why I think he deserves all the criticism he's receiving.

I don't think he deserves the criticism. If he couldn't play effectively, and clearly he wasn't effective in his last few minutes of action, he was going to hurt the team by being in there. Lovie should have made Hanie the #2, and if Cutler could stand up he would have been better than Collins, but there's no way a hobbled Cutler could have done what Hanie did...he didn't while he was in there (though Hanie didn't play all that well either, really.)

Favre would have been in there whether or not he helped or hurt the team, and after Holmgren, no coach would have pulled him even if he would have hurt the team. I don't see why he deserves any credit for that.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 26 2011, 09:41 PM)
If he couldn't play effectively, and clearly he wasn't effective in his last few minutes of action, he was going to hurt the team by being in there.   

Which is why I believe Smith pulled him. The injury was a convenient excuse for yanking him. Cutler was not going to win the game; that was obvious. He was stinking up the field. Smith did his team a favor by pulling him.

Smith will never admit that he pulled Cutler primarily for poor performance. No big deal.....the story is done, IMO. On to next year for da Bears.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 26 2011, 07:41 PM)
Favre would have been in there whether or not he helped or hurt the team, and after Holmgren, no coach would have pulled him even if he would have hurt the team. I don't see why he deserves any credit for that.

A hero isn't always successful but he ALWAYS tries. That's why Brett is a hero in my book! He always tried like his life depended on it! Cutler does not appear to be made of "hero" stuff and I don't think could ever lead any team to a Super Bowl or a victory there...

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Jan 26 2011, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 26 2011, 07:41 PM)
Favre would have been in there whether or not he helped or hurt the team, and after Holmgren, no coach would have pulled him even if he would have hurt the team.    I don't see why he deserves any credit for that.

A hero isn't always successful but he ALWAYS tries. That's why Brett is a hero in my book! He always tried like his life depended on it! Cutler does not appear to be made of "hero" stuff and I don't think could ever lead any team to a Super Bowl or a victory there...

Let's just hope he finally stays retired!! laugh.gif tongue.gif