Official Queen Thread

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 7 2011, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 7 2011, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 10 2011, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 10 2011, 09:37 PM)
I love their albums up to Jazz (except for News of the World which I think is weak) after that i like most of their singles. I also love their final (proper) album, Innuendo which is a return to form...

Do you prefer Jazz over NOTW? Jazz is the sound of a band absolutely wrecked from 5 years of touring, recording and partying. And bringing back oy Thomas Baker was a mistake.

It has some great moments, Jealousy, If You Can't Beat Them, Dead On Time and the singles, but Leaving Home Ain't Easy. Mustapha, Dreamers Ball, Fun It and In Only Seven Days are pure filler, to these ears anyhoo.

The only track on NOTW I can't abide is Sleeping On The Sidewalk.

I'm going to give News of the World another go when the remaster comes out at the end of June.

cool.gif

Good man! I haven't purchased any of the remasters. Yet. The upcoming Rush shows are going to empty me out for a few months!

HIJACK WARNING!!!!

(Manchester ticket arrived, hotel booked!)

Have you only just got it? Mine came quite a while ago. What section are you in?

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 7 2011, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 7 2011, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 7 2011, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 10 2011, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 10 2011, 09:37 PM)
I love their albums up to Jazz (except for News of the World which I think is weak) after that i like most of their singles. I also love their final (proper) album, Innuendo which is a return to form...

Do you prefer Jazz over NOTW? Jazz is the sound of a band absolutely wrecked from 5 years of touring, recording and partying. And bringing back oy Thomas Baker was a mistake.

It has some great moments, Jealousy, If You Can't Beat Them, Dead On Time and the singles, but Leaving Home Ain't Easy. Mustapha, Dreamers Ball, Fun It and In Only Seven Days are pure filler, to these ears anyhoo.

The only track on NOTW I can't abide is Sleeping On The Sidewalk.

I'm going to give News of the World another go when the remaster comes out at the end of June.

cool.gif

Good man! I haven't purchased any of the remasters. Yet. The upcoming Rush shows are going to empty me out for a few months!

HIJACK WARNING!!!!

(Manchester ticket arrived, hotel booked!)

Have you only just got it? Mine came quite a while ago. What section are you in?

Just seen this, Block D, pretty much the same as 07, if memory serves me correctly....

Dublin - standing

Glasgow - 7th row

Manchester - Block D(middle)

London - press pass(shhh................. wink.gif )

Queen At Live Wembley DVD is being re-released on September 5th, 25th anniversary time.. This was originally released with just the Saturday(dry) gig, but this deluxe package comes with the Friday(rain, rain and more rain) gig as well! And double cd and new interviews. Sweet.

Ah, my third favorite band! Was big into them from around '01-'06, went to Breakthru (North American convention) in '02, '03, and '06, their Star ceremony & gig in '02, and the Queen + Paul Rodgers gig in Buffalo in '06. Anybody else go to these? Never got lucky enough to meet the guys, but did have Brian answer some questions on his website a coulpe of times. What a thrill. My fave song by them is Funny How Love Is off Queen II.

"Take this letter that I give you

Take it sonny, hold it high

You won't understand a word that's in it

But you'll write it all again before you die" - Brian May, Father To Son

Genius.

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 8 2011, 11:38 AM)
Queen At Live Wembley DVD is being re-released on September 5th, 25th anniversary time.. This was originally released with just the Saturday(dry) gig, but this deluxe package comes with the Friday(rain, rain and more rain) gig as well! And double cd and new interviews. Sweet.

I will definitely be picking this up!

Went to see Queen on a whim in '82, backup was Billy Squier. I think it was there last big North American tour before Freddie's death. Still ranks in my top two or three of concerts. Simply amazing.

bumper.gif

Currently ploughing through some new books on Queen & Freddie, 40 Years of Queen(buy it, incredible, packed with facsimiles of tickets, passes, letters etc), Queen Unseen by Ratty Hince, Is This The Real Life by Mark Blake and Lesley Ann Jones imperious Freddie bio.

And, the remasters. A good time to be a Queen fan.

So, I thought I'd bump the thread.

The Game is BLARING!

metalmom got me the Remasters of Queen thru The Game for X-mas . Killer is a word to describe them 1022.gif

Love Queen. I simply cannot wait for the new Days Of Our Lives documentary to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray in about a week and a half. Saw a clip online from it with the band talking about their 1981 Argentina trip and just seeing that was fantastic.

It was shown on BBC in Europe I believe. Has anyone else seen it or are just as excited to pick it up when released?

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jan 21 2012, 09:40 PM)
Love Queen. I simply cannot wait for the new Days Of Our Lives documentary to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray in about a week and a half. Saw a clip online from it with the band talking about their 1981 Argentina trip and just seeing that was fantastic.

It was shown on BBC in Europe I believe. Has anyone else seen it or are just as excited to pick it up when released?

It's incredible. Watched the blu-ray twice last week. The extra footage is worth the price alone. Superb, every second of it.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 21 2012, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jan 21 2012, 09:40 PM)

It's incredible. Watched the blu-ray twice last week. The extra footage is worth the price alone. Superb, every second of it.

I downloaded it and watched it last week. (No worries I will be buying it wink.gif ).

It is most excellent indeed trink39.gif

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jan 22 2012, 12:41 AM)
Definitely plan on getting the documentary on the release day!!

Check this for a peek...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/queen-days-of-our-lives/

(Consecutive 15 min clips will show the full doc.)

Edited by goose

It's on right now on the Biography Channel. I have it on and listening to it but not watching it. I'm waiting for the Pink Floyd one to come on after it.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jan 23 2012, 01:37 AM)
A Night at the Opera is a masterpiece in my book and I like their other big popular songs, but other than that I've never been able to get into Queen very much

Try the album Sheer Heart Attack...my fave from them

I got an e-mail from Amazon saying the rest of the remasters come out on feb 7th . 653.gif

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jan 23 2012, 07:42 AM)
A Night at the Opera is a masterpiece in my book and I like their other big popular songs, but other than that I've never been able to get into Queen very much

True dat. SHA has the best and brightest production and Rogers drums have never sounded better on any record before or after.Another later fave is Rockit. Roger wrote it,Freddie starts it, Roger hops on board and then and then.. WE WANT SOME PRIME JIVE.Just try to keep from singing and toe tappin'.That Brian guy's not too bad either. wink.gif

Edited by MassProductionZone

QUOTE (MassProductionZone @ Jan 26 2012, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jan 23 2012, 07:42 AM)

True dat. SHA has the best and brightest production and Rogers drums have never sounded better on any record before or after.Another later fave is Rockit. Roger wrote it,Freddie starts it, Roger hops on board and then and then.. WE WANT SOME PRIME JIVE.Just try to keep from singing and toe tappin'.That Brian guy's not too bad either. wink.gif

had some Queen fun on MY SHOW podcast last weekl...