Official Queen Thread

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jan 27 2012, 02:47 PM)
http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Days-Our-Lives...27675311&sr=1-6

You can get the blu-ray for 20 bucks. There are tons of extras. I'm ordering it today.

You will not regret it!

As superb companion pieces, I heartily recommend the following recently released books on Queen & Freddie.

40 Years of Queen - Harry Doherty - it really is the ultimate Queen scrapbook.

Queen Unseen - Peter "Ratty" Hince - Ratty was Freddie & John's roadie from the mid-70's til the Magic tour, some great stories and pics, as Ratty was an amatuer photographer. He's now a professional snapper.

Is This The Real Life? - Mark Blake - the most indepth bio on Queen.

Freddie Mercury - The Definitive Biography - Lesley Ann Jones - to date I've read 5 Freddie bios, some average, some truly dreadful. Lesley was one of the few journalists Freddie tolerated, so she got to see and hear things other journos could only dream of. It truly is the definitive book on Freddie. Some real surprises in there too. (I believe this book is getting an American release in July as MERCURY: An intimate biography of Freddie Mercury.)

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 27 2012, 10:09 AM)

You can get the blu-ray for 20 bucks.  There are tons of extras.  I'm ordering it today.

You will not regret it!

As superb companion pieces, I heartily recommend the following recently released books on Queen & Freddie.

Queen Unseen - Peter "Ratty" Hince - Ratty was Freddie & John's roadie from the mid-70's til the Magic tour, some great stories and pics, as Ratty was an amatuer photographer. He's now a professional snapper.

Freddie Mercury - The Definitive Biography - Lesley Ann Jones - to date I've read 5 Freddie bios, some average, some truly dreadful. Lesley was one of the few journalists Freddie tolerated, so she got to see and hear things other journos could only dream of. It truly is the definitive book on Freddie. Some real surprises in there too. (I believe this book is getting an American release in July as MERCURY: An intimate biography of Freddie Mercury.)

Nice to know and thanks for the heads up.

Just got the Doc at FYE for $12. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 3 2012, 05:50 PM)
Did I hear correctly the rumors about Adam Lambert?

Yep. A tour this summer

Now i just read that Adam will Not be the new singer. Thank God for small favors .

If anyone has not seen the Doc, you Need to see it Now. Just Fantastic 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 6 2012, 11:24 AM)
Now i just read that Adam will Not be the new singer. Thank God for small favors .

He's Back......good ol Adam is doing some festivals with Queen this summer, i don't know what to think confused13.gif

The Island remasters sound HUGE. I've been given them serious welly today. God, the old EMI remasters are only fit for use as coasters or fancy mirrors with holes in the middle.

Machines(Back To Humans) & Tear It Up at full pelt....WOW. 1022.gif

I am hesitant to get any new remasters these days, as too many bands modernize them by compressing the shit out of them. See U2's The Joshua Tree remaster for more details (THANK GOD I saved my original CD). Queen's stuff already sounds great to me, so I am happy with the copies I already have. Okay, the first two albums could sound a bit better, but considering the years they were released, I am still happy with them. Edited by The K Man

No-one can fill Farookh's shoes, especially Adam Lambert. This is like the old Robbie Williams rumours from years back come true. Damn it.

At least John Deacon has the dignity to stay away.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 21 2012, 12:07 PM)
If anyone has not seen the Doc, you Need to see it Now. Just Fantastic 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Agreed!

I finally had the time to sit down and really give this proper attention.

Simply fantastic!

Think "Beyond the Lighted Stage" for Queen.

It is so very good...can't wait to watch it again.

Really makes me miss Freddie.

~RGLT cool.gif

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415YVKWP-fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Finally!!! Live In Budapest is getting the remaster treatment. It's even got a new name, "Hungarian Rhapsody."

It's being shown in cinemas around the world in September. It's safe to assume a DVD will follow.

The best live Queen show recorded, to these eyes and ears anyway.

Did anyone read the new bio Mercury ?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 27 2012, 03:09 PM)

You can get the blu-ray for 20 bucks.  There are tons of extras.  I'm ordering it today.

You will not regret it!

Metaldad, I posted this earlier in the year. I think it's excellent. I#ve had a few online chats with the author. Seems to be a very nice lady, and very fond of old Fred.

And, an actor/director in the UK, and a massive Queen fan, so massive he won Celebrity Mastermind and his topic was Queen, is releasing a docu DVD in September about Freddie. I hear it's fantastic. Digs deeper, a lot of personal stuff.

Just want to say that last week was the 30th anny of seeing them at Madison Square Garden tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 7 2012, 12:43 PM)
Just want to say that last week was the 30th anny of seeing them at Madison Square Garden  tongue.gif

I was at that show...

...Billy Squier opened for them.

Wasn't a big fan of the new album at the time (Hot Space), but the show was amazing.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy