Official Queen Thread

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2011, 01:56 PM)
Does anyone know when the Box Set of Remasters comes out ? I read about it months ago and is something i will have to pick up

Is there a box set? I know Island are remastering all the albums, and releasing them on vinyl as well. I'm waiting for EMI to reduce the price of the singles box sets. I have 1, but they're too bloody expensive.

May and Taylor have been in the studio of late........

It's their 40th year,so Queen are going to be everywhere. Bar Freddie, obviously. And John.

Island are going to milk their new fatted calf.

Not that you can milk a fatted calf.

I read Box Set or single purchase of all the albums . I assume the Box Set will be cheaper so i gotta go with that. I have all the old albums but none, except The Game on c.d.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2011, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2011, 01:56 PM)
Does anyone know when the Box Set of Remasters comes out ? I read about it months ago and is something i will have to pick up

Is there a box set? I know Island are remastering all the albums, and releasing them on vinyl as well. I'm waiting for EMI to reduce the price of the singles box sets. I have 1, but they're too bloody expensive.

May and Taylor have been in the studio of late........

It's their 40th year,so Queen are going to be everywhere. Bar Freddie, obviously. And John.

Island are going to milk their new fatted calf.

Not that you can milk a fatted calf.

I read Box Set or single purchase of all the albums . I assume the Box Set will be cheaper so i gotta go with that. I have all the old albums but none, except The Game on c.d.

Not sure I'll go with them all this time, bought most of them 1st time round on cassette, have all of them on vinyl, some on 1st gen cd and all on the EMI remasters......

BUT! If they can clean up some of the lost tracks like Silver Salmon and Hangman I might be interested.......

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 10 2011, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 10 2011, 09:37 PM)
I love their albums up to Jazz (except for News of the World which I think is weak) after that i like most of their singles. I also love their final (proper) album, Innuendo which is a return to form...

Do you prefer Jazz over NOTW? Jazz is the sound of a band absolutely wrecked from 5 years of touring, recording and partying. And bringing back oy Thomas Baker was a mistake.

It has some great moments, Jealousy, If You Can't Beat Them, Dead On Time and the singles, but Leaving Home Ain't Easy. Mustapha, Dreamers Ball, Fun It and In Only Seven Days are pure filler, to these ears anyhoo.

The only track on NOTW I can't abide is Sleeping On The Sidewalk.

I LOVE In Only Seven Days.

Deacy is a genius.

How can you call this filler? It's one of my favs sad.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jan 11 2011, 06:40 PM)
I love their albums up to Jazz (except for News of the World which I think is weak) after that i like most of their singles. I also love their final (proper) album, Innuendo which is a return to form...

Do you prefer Jazz over NOTW? Jazz is the sound of a band absolutely wrecked from 5 years of touring, recording and partying. And bringing back oy Thomas Baker was a mistake.

It has some great moments, Jealousy, If You Can't Beat Them, Dead On Time and the singles, but Leaving Home Ain't Easy. Mustapha, Dreamers Ball, Fun It and In Only Seven Days are pure filler, to these ears anyhoo.

Deacy is a genius.

It's a bit too bland for me. It's not terrible, just not to Deacy's usual standard. Who Needs You from NOTW and You And I from ADATR are far better.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jan 11 2011, 06:40 PM)

Deacy is a genius.

It's a bit too bland for me. It's not terrible, just not to Deacy's usual standard. Who Needs You from NOTW and You And I from ADATR are far better.

You And I is one of my favorites ever smile.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jan 11 2011, 07:14 PM)

Deacy is a genius.

Lovely tune, love the harmonies.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 11 2011, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jan 11 2011, 07:14 PM)

Deacy is a genius.

Lovely tune, love the harmonies.

I love the guitar solo, and then a little later when the guitar just drops in during the final chorus.

And then the marvelous outro...Freddy isolated, then Roger and Deacy come in smile.gif

Oh, I'm gonna listen to that right now.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 11 2011, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Jan 11 2011, 07:39 AM)
I missed my chance to see Rodgers singing with May, Deacon and Taylor as Queen.  I am kicking myself, now.

John Deacon is retired and did not participate in the "reunion".

wow, I was unaware. Thanks for the correction.

So, who was playing bass for the Rodgers tour?

I just read they are re-releasing the first 5 albums with a bonus disk in Feb

1022.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 29 2011, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 29 2011, 09:32 PM)
1022.gif

Reviewed in this month's Q. They look great, but piss poor extras. Most Queen fans will have them.

Yeah, i am not a fan of Demos but the live stuff is pretty cool

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 29 2011, 04:32 PM)
1022.gif

I've got these and they're releasing a few more atthe end of June (News of the World through to Hot Space) some of which I'm gonna pick up.

trink38.gif

I'm going to give News of the World another go when the remaster comes out at the end of June.

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 7 2011, 08:05 AM)

I'm going to give News of the World another go when the remaster comes out at the end of June.

cool.gif

Good man! I haven't purchased any of the remasters. Yet. The upcoming Rush shows are going to empty me out for a few months!

HIJACK WARNING!!!!

(Manchester ticket arrived, hotel booked!)

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 7 2011, 12:11 PM)
Is it true the remasters for the first few albums have tracks that have never been released? wub.gif

Yes & no....

Any new album tracks have been out before, as b-sides, Mad The Swine for instance, was on the flip side of Headlong. But there are a lot of cool unreleased live tracks, but only on the more expensive disc. Island have, in my opinion, shot themselves in the foot here. You can buy the standard(no extra tracks) remastered disc for around 12 euro, there's another version for 17euro with the extra tracks. Rip off. I'll wait......They'll all be under 10 quid in a few months.

If you go onto Youtube, a guy called Dave R Fuller has uploaded a complete treasure trove of unreleased tracks and rarities, including the metal splendour of Silver Salmon & the funky Free-like Hangman.