I just found "Moving Pictures" on vinyl....

Bastille Dave

.........I'm listening to it right now (I started with side 2 cool.gif ).

The LP is as good as I thought it would be, and the vinyl is flawless as well.

I'm sure everyone in the store must have thought I was off my rocker cuz I had to step back and bask in it for a couple seconds before resuming my rummaging through the other records. I think I might have gotten a bit misty eyed as well but I think it was just the dust from the thrift store wink.gif

WOW, what a find! Congrats! :3

I rummaged through the records section of my favourite bookstore, hoping in desperate vain to find something Rush.. Nothing, but it was worth a shot. tongue.gif

And nevermind all those people. They just don't get it. (;

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jan 5 2011, 06:06 PM)
.........I'm listening to it right now (I started with side 2 cool.gif ).

I'm sure everyone in the store must have thought I was off my rocker cuz I had to step back and bask in it for a couple seconds before resuming my rummaging through the other records. I think I might have gotten a bit misty eyed as well but I think it was just the dust from the thrift store wink.gif

Cool! What a great deal, especially if it's in that good of condition. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I still have my original. It's one of my prized possessions.

Best $1 you've ever spent, eh? Congrats!!!

I just learned that an album my neighbor was going to throw away is worth some $$! (And I ain't tellin' him either!)

He said, "No one listens to these anymore."

Ah, yea. Some of us still do. So, I took it.

Its a copy of Led Zeppelin I, in very good playable condition. Glad I saved it from a landfill!!!

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Jan 6 2011, 07:44 AM)
Nice Find, I saw 2112 , and ATWAS at Half Priced Books, i dont know why i did not pic them up, i will next time banghead.gif

yes.gif you must

And that Moving Pictures was a great find!! I hope I could find something like that too

if you're lucky and live near a city and/or a city with fairly hip suburbs (and I do), you'll find a lot of used record stores/thrift stores/flea markets (although they are sadly disappearing)

most Rush LP's I find are $5 (or less) and are very good to mint copies

some of the trendier shops have started marking them up (vinyl is still on a 'comeback' kick) but the majority of vinyl I see in the bins is inexpensive to extremely cheap

it's a good time to be a vinyl junkie!

Just visted my local indi store over the holidays and noticed the price of used RUSH vinyl has went up considerably. They went from around $5 to around $15. At least, they are all in extremely very good condition. If I didn't have them already, I would have bought them for sure.

I asked why the price increase and the owner said there has been a demand lately for RUSH. He was right, because they were very slim on RUSH in the bins. The fewest I've ever seen there.

Here is the store link:

www.kissthesky.net

Very cool place. I love to hang there. I'll spend hours there sifting through the bins. You never know what you'll find. Like:

DIO: Rainbow in the Dark Import, Japan OBI (Near mint: $20!!!)

and,

EXCITER: Long Live The Loudm (Still in the plastic!!! $5)

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jan 6 2011, 10:57 AM)

some of the trendier shops have started marking them up (vinyl is still on a 'comeback' kick) but the majority of vinyl I see in the bins is inexpensive to extremely cheap

it's a good time to be a vinyl junkie!

oh, it is! especially where I live. In my area vinyl hasnt made a "comeback" yet or maybe never will so for most second hand stores, it's just an afterthought (they sell for dirt cheap, they think it's garbage or outdated). Their loss is my gain! Most everything around here is $1 or $.50, heck I even went to a Salvation Army 3 days ago and the LP's were 10 for a $1 (a dime each) but they didnt have anything remotely I would even consider liking and/or buying.

Great find Bastille Dave!

I found a copy of Caress of Steel at a thrift store opened, but still had the shrink wrap on it.

It was .99 cents, but it was 25% off day, so I got it for .74 cents instead.

I was hanging on to it like Gollum with the ring.

Just kept muttering, "My precious, my precious..."

Then I purchased a copy of "A Show of Hands" still wrapped on EBAY and sent it off to one of the venues on the Time Machine Tour and it came back signed by all three members of Rush.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jan 5 2011, 07:06 PM)
.........I'm listening to it right now (I started with side 2  cool.gif  ).

Very cool cool.gif I'm still hunting for a copy with the vinyl in mint condition! Even through the pops on my current copy though it still sounds fabulous and beautiful. wub.gif

Archived