The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 20 2012, 02:27 AM)
Dave and Adrian have now confirmed at least five songs on the set:
The Prisioner", "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", "Moonchild", "Fear of the Dark" and "Iron Maiden". Here's the source: http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

I also wish they played more of SIT songs. It's such a shame that Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere in Time and Sea of Madness have not been played live for 26 years now! Deja Vu and Alexander the Great were never played live, and if I'm not wrong, they played The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner on the first shows of the tour in '86 and dropped it. To me SIT is the most unusual of all Maiden's albums. It may not be the best, which for me is still Powerslave, but it's the one that stands because it's quite different from the others. MAybe it's because Adrian gets more of the spotlight on that one, and he's by far the best guitar player Maiden has ever had.

No surprise there! FOTD and IM are unfortunately staples! They better play Infnite Dreams!!!! angry.gif

Of all the tours celebrating the history of the band, this is the one I waited for the most - the Maiden England setlist is kickass. And since they have toured South America consistently since 1992, I may consider seeing them live if they come by this time around, having missed their recent shows over here. But to be honest, I'm not looking forward to listening to The Trooper, 2 Minutes, Hallowed be Thy Name, Iron Maiden and Fear of the Dark for the 12341234342 time...

I'd rather hear something else off Piece of Mind than The Trooper again.

It makes sense, too, since The Trooper wasn't on the Maiden England video. Die With Your Boots On and Still Life were. I'd much rather hear one of them.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 19 2012, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 09:02 PM)
There's still one song missing in that leaked set and i'm pretty sure it's Two Minutes To Midnight.

I'm gonna say the missing song is Wasted Years, but Two Minutes to Midnight would be my next choice as the missing song.

The reasons I believe it's Two Minutes To Midnight is because for the North American tour back in '88 it was played and there's nothing off Powerslave on that rumored set.

Tomorrow is opening night so we'll know for sure then. I'll make sure to post both Alice Cooper's and Maiden's setlists on here once everything is confirmed.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 19 2012, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 09:02 PM)
There's still one song missing in that leaked set and i'm pretty sure it's Two Minutes To Midnight.

I'm gonna say the missing song is Wasted Years, but Two Minutes to Midnight would be my next choice as the missing song.

The reasons I believe it's Two Minutes To Midnight is because for the North American tour back in '88 it was played and there's nothing off Powerslave on that rumored set.

Tomorrow is opening night so we'll know for sure then. I'll make sure to post both Alice Cooper's and Maiden's setlists on here once everything is confirmed.

They're used to keeping the same set throughout the tour, unless something REALLY flunks on the first few nights...

The band posted this video on YouTube just recently. The video's basically showing them at rehearsal and talking about the Maiden England era, and also gives a good teaser as to what the stage set would like. The band rehearsed Running Free around the 1:40 mark, so maybe that's the missing song? And based on the 2:08 mark I think NOTB will definitely be played because I remembered they used that same backdrop during the song on the En Vivo DVD.

Edit: I was cruising around in the spoiler section of the IMFC forums and apparently someone with good eyesight managed to recognize what he/she thinks are the songs that were on Dave's setlist paper in that video link I posted. He/she could only recognize roughly 11 of the songs. If this person's right then there's 3 songs that weren't on that leaked setlist.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I read an story in a N.J. paper with Smith and it mentions Aces High confused13.gif they did Moonchild a few years ago when it did not fit so who knows

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 21 2012, 07:37 AM)
I read an story in a N.J. paper with Smith and it mentions Aces High confused13.gif they did Moonchild a few years ago when it did not fit so who knows

Rumor has it on the Iron Maiden message boards that Aces High MIGHT BE the first song of the encore ohmy.gif

That's kinda weird...when they did the tour to celebrate Powerslave, Moonchild was on the set. Now Aces High will be played as part of the 7th Son celebration tour? But ok, at least Aces High is not so obvious.

Do you guys think the third part of the History Of Iron Maiden will be released some time soon? It would be great if they did it for this tour, and Maiden England could be the bonus disc. This chapter would then cover the SIT and 7th Son albums, ending with Adrian leaving the band in '89. My guess is taht they will bundle No Prayer, FOTD and the Blaze years for next part of the story, and end it with Bruce and Adrian coming back in '99.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 21 2012, 08:15 AM)
These aren't entirely faithful recreations of those tours, do note. I mean, we get to be "blessed" with Fear Of The Dark no matter what tour it is. That song wasn't around then.

Yes, I know. But I was only ten when they did this back in '88 so this will be as close as I can get to seeing that tour. Even with FOTD being played for no reason again like on the Somewhere Back In Time tour, the show will still be awesome.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 21 2012, 08:25 AM)
Indeed. I can live with a few minor detail changes. I'm just happy to see them for the first time since '85!!

Since 85?!?!?!!? You're in for a treat, mate. Enjoy it!

You do know hat Bruce no longer has long hair, right? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Apparently they'll be playing Phantom of the Opera as well....if anyone's interested in the songs that were visible on Dave's paper it was this:

Phantom of the Opera

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Wasted Years

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

The Clairvoyant

Fear of the Dark

Iron Maiden

Encore:

Aces High

The Evil That Men Do

Run To The Hills

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 21 2012, 09:47 AM)
Apparently they'll be playing Phantom of the Opera as well....if anyone's interested in the songs that were visible on Dave's paper it was this:

Phantom of the Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Run To The Hills

Holy Sh#%t!!!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 21 2012, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 21 2012, 09:47 AM)

Phantom of the Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Run To The Hills

Holy Sh#%t!!!

That's exactly what I said....

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 21 2012, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 21 2012, 08:25 AM)
Indeed.  I can live with a few minor detail changes.  I'm just happy to see them for the first time since '85!!

Since 85?!?!?!!? You're in for a treat, mate. Enjoy it!

You do know hat Bruce no longer has long hair, right? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, I've seen a video or two since. wink.gif

They don't play the US very extensively anymore, so I've just not been in position to travel a bunch. This is their most extensive US tour in about a dozen years! So glad they're playing the southern US.

There's some absurd setlist spreading out in the Maiden forums from a friend of a guy who claims to have seen the band rehearsing earlier today. This is what he claims to have seen/heard. This isn't confirmed yet guys, and to be honest, I think it's fake but I'm posting this "fake" set anyway. Notice the omission of songs already confirmed to be played plus the one song that isn't FOTD that was post Seventh Son.

Moonchild

Can I Play With Madness?

The Prisoner

2 Minutes To Midnight

Afraid to Shoot Strangers

Trooper

Number Of The Beast

Phantom Of The Opera

Run to the Hills

Wasted Years

The Clairavoyant