The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 26 2012, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 08:26 PM)
wearing my SIT shirt right now

I have my Early Day's tour shirt on . It's a Party ! laugh.gif

Well I've got my TFF Japan event shirt on! laugh.gif

Slightly unrelated, but I sure hope there's an NJ/NY event shirt for this tour. Would be an awesome addition to my ever growing collection of Maiden tees 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 26 2012, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 08:37 PM)

horns up mofo

I had a friend with an Early Days shirt, I got excited cause I thought he saw Maiden but it turned out he got it at Hot Topic

laugh.gif Got mine at the show . Hot Topic = Avenged Sevenfold

in 5th grade i got my first few maiden shirts at hot topic: one with eddie in front of a union jack, a benjamin breeg shirt, a powerslave mummy shirt and a nordic tour 2007 shirt

I was too young for concerts and never had enough money to order good shirts online

but yeah i hate hot topic now, everything looks so tacky and the bands they sell suck dick

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 26 2012, 08:41 PM)

Slightly unrelated, but I sure hope there's an NJ/NY event shirt for this tour. Would be an awesome addition to my ever growing collection of Maiden tees 1022.gif

Nice 1022.gif They always have a shirt for a N.Y./N.J. show

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 09:37 PM)

horns up mofo

I had a friend with an Early Days shirt, I got excited cause I thought he saw Maiden but it turned out he got it at Hot Topic

That's where I got my Number of the Beast shirt. And I am indeed a fan.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 27 2012, 07:25 AM)
All this Maiden shirt talk reminds me that I have to go to the post office and pick up the new shirt I ordered. They tried to deliver it to my house twice last week and I wasn't home either time angry.gif

How long does an order take from their site? I ordered some stuff 3 weeks ago and still nothing 1287.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 27 2012, 07:25 AM)
All this Maiden shirt talk reminds me that I have to go to the post office and pick up the new shirt I ordered. They tried to deliver it to my house twice last week and I wasn't home either time angry.gif

How long does an order take from their site? I ordered some stuff 3 weeks ago and still nothing 1287.gif

I ordered my shirt on June 3rd, so mine only took about two weeks to get here.

This is the shirt I got:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/double-vision.html

It's cheaper than at the shows, always is

Is that how much they are this year ?

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 27 2012, 01:40 PM)
yeah i can't say shit since i shelled out my last 40 bucks for a shirt at the show

After shipping, the shirt I ordered came to like 30 bucks. Still much better than the 35-45 they charge at shows now.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 26 2012, 08:43 PM)

Was cruising around in the Maiden forums...there is indeed a NJ/NY event shirt. IDK how to describe it well but from what I see, it's got the Maiden England Trooper Eddie in NYC with Seventh Son related themes. The city scape is almost SIT like.

It's an awesome shirt I might say and I'm planning to arrive there early just to get my hands on it! 1022.gif

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 27 2012, 06:39 PM)

Was cruising around in the Maiden forums...there is indeed a NJ/NY event shirt. IDK how to describe it well but from what I see, it's got the Maiden England Trooper Eddie in NYC with Seventh Son related themes. The city scape is almost SIT like.

It's an awesome shirt I might say and I'm planning to arrive there early just to get my hands on it! 1022.gif

PICS OR GTFO

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 27 2012, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 27 2012, 06:39 PM)

PICS OR GTFO

http://forum.ironmaiden.com/attachment.php...=1&d=1340836335

Hopefully you can see it wink.gif

Update: According to a fan who has this shirt, the dates on the back are for tonight's show and the one in Newark

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 2 2012, 03:45 AM)
I saw them Saturday and it was the best concert I've ever been to. Right up in the second row of the pit. It was awesome. 1022.gif

I'll be in the pit for the show here on the 16th. I will also be seeing them on the 13th in Toronto but i'm in the seats for that one. The show will be great no matter where you sit 1022.gif

Just a few hrs away now 1022.gif

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jul 2 2012, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 2 2012, 10:05 AM)

I'm so pumped and ready for the show tonight, I've been listening to nothing but Maiden and Alice Cooper today! 1022.gif

I never listen to the band i'm going to see on the day of the show. To me, that ruins the concert experience for later and I really don't understand why people do that? Listening to a song that the band is gonna play on the day of the show would ruin the concert experience for me. How special is the song gonna be live if you just heard it a few hours ago at home, on the way to the show or in the parking lot?

I don't know, maybe i'm just weird wacko.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 2 2012, 10:03 PM)

I'm so pumped and ready for the show tonight, I've been listening to nothing but Maiden and Alice Cooper today! 1022.gif

I never listen to the band i'm going to see on the day of the show. To me, that ruins the concert experience for later and I really don't understand why people do that? Listening to a song that the band is gonna play on the day of the show would ruin the concert experience for me. How special is the song gonna be live if you just heard it a few hours ago at home, on the way to the show or in the parking lot?

I figured the same thing. I listen to them a bit a few days before, but not the day of the show. Porcupine Tree day on the 16th

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 2 2012, 09:55 PM)

I figured the same thing. I listen to them a bit a few days before, but not the day of the show. Porcupine Tree day on the 16th

I could listen to a band i'm seeing the day of the show as long as it's songs they won't be playing that night. I always get a kick out of people who are cranking Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio in the parking lot before a Rush show. I always think to myself "really? you're gonna be hering those two songs in a little while, what's the point of listening to them right now?"

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 2 2012, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 2 2012, 09:55 PM)

I could listen to a band i'm seeing the day of the show as long as it's songs they won't be playing that night. I always get a kick out of people who are cranking Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio in the parking lot before a Rush show. I always think to myself "really? you're gonna be hering those two songs in a little while, what's the point of listening to them right now?"

Eh, I guess it's preference? IDK I have this weird paranoia that if I don't listen to some songs the band is playing that night, then I won't get into the song live as much...does that make sense? I mean, for example if I saw Dream Theater and they played a song they haven't played in awhile and that I've haven't listened to in the longest time, then I tend to forget parts of the song, I forget lyrics, or even worse; they play a song that I don't like or does nothing for me when I see them live, and I end up loving the song months after I saw them. I understand that some of you don't like listening to the songs bands are playing that night, and I'm cool with that. But for me personally, I do this for the purpose of having the songs fresh in my head. This practice of mine began after I saw Porcupine Tree at Radio City, but even though I had no clue of the set, most songs I listened to on the way ended up being played and I ended up enjoying the show more knowing these were songs that were fresh in my head.

Oh, and BTW the Maiden show tonight was an amazing experience, but Alice Cooper blew me away with his stage show.

Edited by PolarizeMe