Madison Square Garden

N.O.RUSH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a huge venue (holds 20,000)and its the awesome place to see a show! If the place is full its electric. 1022.gif

and they will play the main facility. yes.gif

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Dec 4 2010, 11:53 PM)
Im seriously considering buy tickets for the New York show. Is the Garden a great place to see RUSH.?? How is the sound and i guess the venue itself.. Anyone else going??

Yes, I've been there, several times, to see RUSH...and as stated, they play the main stage, it's HUGE, and it's a great place to see a show. The acoustics are really good! Very surround sound if memory serves.

(Though if they ever come to RCMH, see them there...those acoustics cant be beat)

Get the tix, go to the show. You wont be disappointed. It's RUSH for goodness sake!

They don't call it "The Worlds Most Famous Arena " for nuttin . Every person in Sports and Music want to play there atleast once in their lifetime . 20,000 people into it at the same time is insane .

I've seen Rush shows at 12 or 13 different venues over the years and MSG is the best. It is different, somehow. Seems to be more energetic and the band feeds on it.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Dec 5 2010, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Dec 4 2010, 11:53 PM)
Im seriously considering buy tickets for the New York show.  Is the Garden a great place to see RUSH.?? How is the sound and i guess the venue itself..  Anyone else going??

Yes, I've been there, several times, to see RUSH...and as stated, they play the main stage, it's HUGE, and it's a great place to see a show. The acoustics are really good! Very surround sound if memory serves.

(Though if they ever come to RCMH, see them there...those acoustics cant be beat)

Get the tix, go to the show. You wont be disappointed. It's RUSH for goodness sake!

yup radio city acoustics are great. r30 was fantastic imo.

i've seen rush a few times at msg and a bunch of others and i'm not a fan of the sound there. they won't play radio city because they want to sell as many seats as they can and rcmh is limited. even though i'm a rangers fan msg sucks for a hockey game. the atmosphere might be good but the sight lines are crap.

$198 per ticket for msg starting 16 rows back!!!

$400 for 2 people to go thats INSANE

I LUV RUSH big FAN- but that is ridiculous

Not to mention premium seats $300 ++++++

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Dec 5 2010, 07:04 PM)
$198 per ticket for msg starting 16 rows back!!!

$400 for 2 people to go thats INSANE

I LUV RUSH big FAN- but that is ridiculous

Not to mention premium seats $300 ++++++

that's not including transportation, pre-concert beverages trink38.gif, inside the venue beverages, other intangibles cool10.gif, and maybe some food in between.

This is where The Song Remains the Same was filmed, right? From the film it looks like a big venue. As hallowed as it is, I wonder about the acoustics. I saw Clapton at a similar sized arena and it sounded like he was playing in the bottom of a garbage can. Hope MSG sounds better. Radio City would Rock. Been there and the sound is fantastic.

Got a ticket, 4 rows back Geddy's side as a Christmas gift from my family. 1022.gif

This will be my second Rush show, and the tickets I had for Mohegan Sun last year were at the very back of the arena. It kind of sucked because my whole section was completely dead, and I felt like an idiot cheering. I'm sure this show will be better!

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Dec 7 2010, 09:20 PM)
I got section 87 tickets... I didn't know the presale was yesterday until it was too late... I don't care though. It's Madison Square Garden! And I'll be sure to get great tickets for Austin this summer! 2.gif

I am planning on Austin as well. Knowing my Texas Rush buddies, I am sure there will be an epic tale gate or get-together before the show. 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Dec 7 2010, 09:20 PM)
I got section 87 tickets... I didn't know the presale was yesterday until it was too late... I don't care though. It's Madison Square Garden! And I'll be sure to get great tickets for Austin this summer! 2.gif

IM in Section 85, row b

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 8 2010, 02:13 PM)
i have family coming into town around the time of this show and they want to go. just what i didn't want to here. i had no intentions of putting my money down on a ticket but it seems i will be forced to go since they will be buying the tickets. eh.gif

Lighten up nancy laugh.gif It's a great show in your own back yard . Shine up the walking stick and get to steppin