Harry Potter *NO SPOILERS*

Lost In Xanadu

We saw it Friday night. It was very good...I didn't think it was great, but it was very good.

I liked it, it was a bit rushed, but a I would say it was an improvement over Half Blood Prince.

Gets a "Very Good" from me too. As good as the last one, which is tied with this one as my fav.

excellent character study and build up. we really delve into the relationships of Hermione, Ron and Harry. great story. Quite dark.

We're hoping that when the Final #7v2 comes out in July a marathon viewing of both films together will be available like some theaters did for Matrix II & III.

Liked it alot, really glad they decided to split it up... even being just the half the book, the pace felt very quick.. It would have been a nightmare to fit everything into one chunk.

And as all the Potter films have done so far, is cater to the fans who have read the book... and if you have not read the books, you might get lost... Deathly Hallows is the same... Warner Brothers expects you to have read the books, if not it's a big screw you.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Nov 23 2010, 10:22 PM)
A little disappointed - Felt like it was a filler to hold people over for the final movie- sad.gif

Prisoner of Askaban still my favorite

PoA is my fave as well. I would love to have seen that director do more of the Potter movies.

I've seen it twice and love it. I've read the books about a dozen times, and although I'm not a huge fantasy fan (I love Tolkien and Lewis though), I have to say I got pretty hooked on Rowling. I also love her literary allusions to Tolkien, Malory, Milton, Irish folklore, and others. Like Tolkien, I just really respect her. She's not for everyone, but I think she's earned her place in YA literature.

As far as remaining true to the book, it's by far the best out of the series. I thought it was exceptionally well done, very reminiscent of Nazi Germany (which is what makes Rowling stand out from Tolkien and Lewis) and very well adapted, which is hard to do. It's not my favorite of the books (my favorite is the sixth, but that stupid movie was awful), but I really enjoyed it as a film and look forward to the second part. Radcliffe still can't act, but Alan Rickman can. wink.gif

Oh yeah, and Ralph Fiennes. OMG. He must play Satan in PL. AMAZING.

And look out for the random Nick Cave song. It's awesome and random.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 25 2010, 09:44 AM)
So not in love with this series. GOOD and entertaining films, but hardly great. Doesn't hold a candle to Lord Of THe Rings I'm afraid.

I cant think of any movie/series that holds a candle to LOTR. It is the pinnacle of film making yes.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Nov 26 2010, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 25 2010, 09:44 AM)
So not in love with this series.  GOOD and entertaining films, but hardly great.  Doesn't hold a candle to Lord Of THe Rings I'm afraid.

I cant think of any movie/series that holds a candle to LOTR. It is the pinnacle of film making yes.gif

Your forgetting the original Star Wars Trilogy..

QUOTE (The Maples @ Nov 23 2010, 01:08 PM)
I liked it, it was a bit rushed, but a I would say it was an improvement over Half Blood Prince.

Really? See, I thought this was the first one since maybe the 2nd movie that WASN'T rushed, and that's because they did what they should have been doing since book 4 - make them into two movies. The movies for Goblet, Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were way too rushed and way too much was cut. This was the first one in a long time where I felt like they got it right.

EXCELLENT movie. Can't wait for part two! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 27 2010, 08:35 AM)

Really? See, I thought this was the first one since maybe the 2nd movie that WASN'T rushed, and that's because they did what they should have been doing since book 4 - make them into two movies. The movies for Goblet, Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were way too rushed and way too much was cut. This was the first one in a long time where I felt like they got it right.

goodpost.gif Agreed.

SUPER excited for the 2nd half, as it debuts on mah birfday 653.gif This will be the 2nd time I've had a HP-movie-debut-birthday

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 27 2010, 10:35 AM)

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

Agreed wholeheartedly.

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 29 2010, 12:12 PM)

Agreed wholeheartedly.

We saw it in IMAX form on Sat - I really did enjoy it also. Great breaking point.

A couple things were left out, or changed that baffled me as to why. See other thread to comment biggrin.gif

I don't get the whole Potter thing. I went to see it with the family though and endured. "Ah, they're camping in the woods... again." A bit slow in places. I chuckled when I heard folks behind me sniffling during an emotional scene near the end. I so wanted to point and laugh at the screen in an obnoxious manner. laugh.gif

Visually, the film had some really strong moments. The animated part during the story of the something-or-others was particularly nifty.

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows... What can i say, great movie that first part. Dance part was stupid (hermione and Harry), but anyway i liked it. (YEAH its true... here in finland we gonna see the last part before US ad USA, think about it common001.gif )