Tour in Spring

trigger

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Nov 9 2010, 03:39 PM)
They should just finish the album as soon as they can. Time isn't exactly on their side.

And if they keep releasing tracks from it gradually it's just going to ruin the cohesiveness of the album.

Agree totally. Just stick to your original plan Rush. The tour money will still be there anytime.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 9 2010, 03:56 PM)
If they're going to do a Europe-only tour, I can't see that taking any longer than a month. How many shows do they usually play in Europe, 10? Maybe less.

A LOT more than 10. They would probably do two or three in London alone.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 9 2010, 08:56 PM)
If they're going to do a Europe-only tour, I can't see that taking any longer than a month. How many shows do they usually play in Europe, 10? Maybe less.

15 shows in Yurp in '07, 7 of those in the UK. All knocked out in less than a month. Should they tour in the spring, they'll add to this number, I reckon. The DVD is still selling well and their US renaissance hasn't gone unnoticed over here.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Nov 9 2010, 01:13 AM)
One thing's for sure, they won't be playing to any soldiers in Kuwait.
Look at the overflow crowds for Queensryche....

http://www.youtube.com/v/sfoCxpkmVa8?fs=1&hl=en_US

Wow, QR has really fallen off the edge. I've played bigger pool parties than that.

No way they will go through the logistics of a tour for a month run. If they tour you can count on three months minimum. They will hit the US cities they missed. That's why I think it's a bad idea. Finish the record and then do a massive tour. If they do it the other way they will end up touring three different times for the same record. Overkill.

I think it's mentioned previously.........

when they say "other cities" they probably mean something like playing Philadelphia instead of Camden or Worcester, Mass instead of Boston, Mass.

New cities doesn't necessarily mean no NA tour in 2011.

But I am supposed to be in Germany in March/April 2011. Would be awesome to see them in "FRANKFURT!!!!" (in the Geddy R30 screaming voice)

biggrin.gif

Here's my guess.

1. Finish new album after the holidays.

2. North American Tour (Time Machine Tour part2) Spring& Summer.

3. Time Machine Tour Europe - Fall (we all know when Rush says spring they mean fall. wink.gif

4. Release Clockwork Angels for Christmas 2011.

5. Clockwork Angels Tour 2012.

I have no inside info because I know nothing. laugh.gif

Here's what I think they might do:

1. Work on Clockwork a bit

2. Tour Europe

3. Take a break

4. Finish Clockwork

5. Release Clockwork fall 2011

6. Tour summer 2012

This isn't what I WANT them to do, but I think it is fairly realistic.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 8 2010, 06:08 PM)
Good for the European fans, but toally sucks for those of us in the Americas that saw them in 2010. Doesn't sound like they're repeating any cities. Just new areas....2011 could be a lost year for the North American fans

Given the love we've historically been shown, I'm not complaining. Let Europe and other areas have their tour, they deserve it. Whole continents have been left out on previous tours... when was the last tour that they didn't play the US? Oh yeah, they've never skipped the US.

If they play other parts of the world next year, release the album and then play Stateside in 2012, that's nothing to complain about, IMO.

goodpost.gif

Prior to R30 they hadn't played in any part of Europe in 12 years, and in other European nations it had been longer. I'm fine with them doing an exclusively European tour, and I'd love for them to play at one/some of the big festivals, just to see what would happen.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Nov 8 2010, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 8 2010, 06:08 PM)
Good for the European fans, but toally sucks for those of us in the Americas that saw them in 2010. Doesn't sound like they're repeating any cities. Just new areas....2011 could be a lost year for the North American fans

Given the love we've historically been shown, I'm not complaining. Let Europe and other areas have their tour, they deserve it. Whole continents have been left out on previous tours... when was the last tour that they didn't play the US? Oh yeah, they've never skipped the US.

Of course not. That's where the big money has always been from. You must be peaking on E if you think love is involved.

That's just an expression eyesre4.gif

I for one cannot wait for them to come over here! I am absolutely thrilled that I'm going to get to see them for what will be my FIRST show! We've not seen them here for what would be 4 years! Quite long enough I reckon.

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Nov 10 2010, 02:26 AM)
Here's what I think they might do:

1. Work on Clockwork a bit
2. Tour Europe
3. Take a break
4. Finish Clockwork
5. Release Clockwork fall 2011
6. Tour summer 2012

This isn't what I WANT them to do, but I think it is fairly realistic.

goodpost.gif

None of us have a clue what stage they are at with CA so I guess we should just relax and let it happen. They have a minimum of four months before Spring and if they have most it written, then logistically it could be released in time for a European start to a "World Tour". Hitting the US later in the year.

I'm guessing the guys are all pretty wired at the mo - what with the renewed interest in them - they will fire off CA in doiuble-quick time becasue they have done it all before and be ready to roll by the end of March 2011.

If they could open with 3 nights in Birmingham (UK) - that'd be just fine by me

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ Nov 10 2010, 09:32 AM)
None of us have a clue what stage they are at with CA so I guess we should just relax and let it happen. They have a minimum of four months before Spring and if they have most it written, then logistically it could be released in time for a European start to a "World Tour". Hitting the US later in the year.

I'm guessing the guys are all pretty wired at the mo - what with the renewed interest in them - they will fire off CA in doiuble-quick time becasue they have done it all before and be ready to roll by the end of March 2011.

If they could open with 3 nights in Birmingham (UK) - that'd be just fine by me

I'd be there every night laugh.gif Front row of course

Archived