Ask a person listening to ATWAS on 8 track anythng

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 29 2010, 06:48 PM)
1. What's the meaning of life?

2. How much is that doggie in the window?

3. Define the universe - give three examples.

The meaning of life is found through a life of meaning.

The only thing in the window is the passage of reflected light.

The universe as we perceive it or as it truly exists? Either way it is defined by itself. Any example is ultimately the same, hence the prefix uni-

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 29 2010, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 29 2010, 06:48 PM)
1. What's the meaning of life?

2. How much is that doggie in the window?

The meaning of life is found through a life of meaning.

The only thing in the window is the passage of reflected light.

The universe as we perceive it or as it truly exists? Either way it is defined by itself. Any example is ultimately the same, hence the prefix uni-

Love and life are deep.

QUOTE (flybyknight @ Oct 30 2010, 06:13 PM)
Interesting thread, good answers!
Anyways back to the 8 track, is the quality better than:

a) cassette tape

cool.gif vinyl

c) cd?

If so can I have a 24/96 copy please? laugh.gif

I'm not sure about quality in the absolute sense, but there's a nice quality to each format depending on my mood. Today I was listening to old stuff in the mono 8 track player..brings back such good, albeit spartanesque aural memories. I will note that the Rickenbacker was made for 8 track systems!

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Oct 30 2010, 07:59 PM)
1) How many copies of ATWAS do you have?

2) Can I have one?

3) Please?

I'm embarrassed to say about 6 copies. Over the years i'd misplace cds and then go buy another one. Two of the copies are on 8 track (blue and dark grey cartridge colors). One lp in the Anthem Canadian label....

You can get any version of ATWAS on eBay for very little.

What format do you want it in?

I miss my 8-track player...... eh.gif eh.gif eh.gif It was sooooo cool.....at the time.....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hamidk/8trax2.jpg

1. What's the meaning of life? - The meaning is exactly what you want it to be.

2. How much is that doggie in the window? - Get your hands of my bobblehead daschund, and get out of my car!!

Ptolemaic Model - It's all a bunch of nested spheres.

Steady State Model - It all comes and goes at the same time.

Douglas Adams Model - It's all a big mistake. We Apologize for The Inconvenience.

wacko.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif

I liked ATWAS when I first heard it, many moons ago, although as I listened to it over and over I always tried to EQ the bass end as the bass drum and the bass guitar sounded somewhat lost under the roar of the guitar.

When Different Stages was released with Hammersmith show on I realized how good ATWAS could have really been.

discovering soundboard bootlegs also took me further away from ATWAS.

Unless 8 track can remedy the bottom end problem, which I doubt, I am looking forward to the 5.1 releases, if ever they surface.....

You know, there are songs that come on the radio that I expect to hear a break in because of that head switch-over thing. Not going to say that I miss the 8 track.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Oct 31 2010, 07:13 AM)
You know, there are songs that come on the radio that I expect to hear a break in because of that head switch-over thing. Not going to say that I miss the 8 track.

laugh.gif

8-tracks may have had a lot of problems, but I loved the mobility 8-track players and cassettes gave to my favorite music. I also enjoy the fact that I've been able to see the evolution from vinyl to mp3. amazing! what's next!?

btw, I'm listening to spinning vinyl as I write this post... it still amazes me that music can fill the room from not much more than a needle riding grooves on vinyl. wow! 653.gif

I anticipate the track changes too, at least subconsciously! As a matter of fact, I would like to figure out how to add them to the digital recordings of my earlier stuff to really give another layer of authenticity, personally speaking.. anyone know how I might do this?

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Oct 31 2010, 08:24 AM)

laugh.gif

8-tracks may have had a lot of problems, but I loved the mobility 8-track players and cassettes gave to my favorite music. I also enjoy the fact that I've been able to see the evolution from vinyl to mp3. amazing! what's next!?

btw, I'm listening to spinning vinyl as I write this post... it still amazes me that music can fill the room from not much more than a needle riding grooves on vinyl. wow! 653.gif

It's "groovy"

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 31 2010, 10:27 AM)

laugh.gif

It's "groovy"

laugh.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 31 2010, 09:27 AM)
btw, I'm listening to spinning vinyl as I write this post... it still amazes me that music can fill the room from not much more than a needle riding grooves on vinyl.  wow!  653.gif

It's "groovy"

chickendance.gif heeheee, yeah, man, dig it!

laugh.gif

Absolutely, still blows my mind too. I spun some Purple earlier today and some Jeff Beck. There is something about vinyl that I just love. Can't imagine what is next after digital. Probably something internal and Orwellian.

Archived