Rushwear - the socks

Mara

Does anyone have these? I honestly think they look kinda fun myself.

Rush socks

I gots them! And the shoelaces. Such a weird fan, I know....tongue.gif

Before school started, I took the liberty of buying white Converse, which Geddy wore for the tour.

I wear Rush socks, have the Converse on, and interchange the laces. Makes it so much more personal for me.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 17 2010, 03:01 PM)
No need for socks!

http://a.yfrog.com/img40/1699/dbqa.jpg

Vibram Five Fingers. They're more comfortable than they look like.

Do you run in them? How you like?

I really wanted the athletic Rush socks to wear for races but never bought them. Santa, you hear?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 17 2010, 04:01 PM)
No need for socks!

I sure as hell hope so, because - no offense, really - that is some seriously fugly footwear.

Well, good. Now I don't feel like a doof for ordering Rush socks. (I love socks. I live in socks. They only time I am un-socked is in the shower).

The picture I took doesn't do it justice really - they're not nearly that bright in the yellow. More of an understated greenish-yellow between the toes. If you're not looking, they don't jump out at you.

I don't run in them, but only because I don't generally run biggrin.gif But I know people that do run in them and they think they're great for it.

I'm going to get a pair in solid black next, and I guarantee, wearing them out at night, nobody will notice 'em.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 17 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 17 2010, 04:01 PM)
No need for socks!

I sure as hell hope so, because - no offense, really - that is some seriously fugly footwear.

Well, good. Now I don't feel like a doof for ordering Rush socks. (I love socks. I live in socks. They only time I am un-socked is in the shower).

My daughter's boyfriend and his Mom wore these things when they went on an 8 mile hike up in Rocky Mountain National Park. Apparently they are super comfortable.

I do agree with Mara though fugly they are! No offence DC trink39.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Oct 18 2010, 06:40 AM)

My daughter's boyfriend and his Mom wore these things when they went on an 8 mile hike up in Rocky Mountain National Park. Apparently they are super comfortable.

None taken wink.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 18 2010, 11:42 AM)

None taken wink.gif

...and you thought Ugg's were bad?

I've seen two other people wearing these ridiculous things in the past month, and already: I've had enough.

Both of these people, by the way, were in a completely urban (city) environment.

They weren't hiking or running or on a walking tour or exercising or "experiencing the physical and visceral sensation of going barefoot and conquering the world as you did when you were a child" (paraphrasing from the Vibram site... 062802puke_prv.gif )

No. They were wearing them as a 'fashion' statement.

I almost punched them in the mouth on principle alone.

People. Stop before you start.

are those low calf or ankle socks? I just love when they indent around around my leg after a high salt intake day. tongue.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 18 2010, 03:10 PM)
are those low calf or ankle socks? I just love when they indent around around my leg after a high salt intake day. tongue.gif

Looks like they come about 1/3 of the way up the calf. Exactly where I want them when I am wearing pants (as opposed to shorts and sneakers - then I like the shorty socks). I hate sitting down and having a gap between the top of my socks and the hem of my pants.

No socks but I did order the shoelaces. I walk with them every day... while I listen to Rush.

cool.gif

They are cute, in an odd and goofy kind of way.. since I work at a bank and hopefully (after the next round of interviews) will be working at a law firm, I would wear them with my business suits. Never be normal!

The thong?!?!?! Eh hem....Let me compose myself again...

No comment for that. huh.gif

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Oct 22 2010, 05:53 PM)
The thong?!?!?! Eh hem....Let me compose myself again...

No comment for that. huh.gif

The thong sort of annoys me. "Oh, well, it seems the band DOES have female fans. What sort of marketing can we use to target them?"

Most of us would be much happier with a wider selection of shirts tailored for women. They don't need to be pink, or have special girly designs.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Oct 18 2010, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 18 2010, 11:42 AM)

None taken wink.gif

...and you thought Ugg's were bad?

I've seen two other people wearing these ridiculous things in the past month, and already: I've had enough.

Both of these people, by the way, were in a completely urban (city) environment.

They weren't hiking or running or on a walking tour or exercising or "experiencing the physical and visceral sensation of going barefoot and conquering the world as you did when you were a child" (paraphrasing from the Vibram site... 062802puke_prv.gif )

No. They were wearing them as a 'fashion' statement.

I almost punched them in the mouth on principle alone.

People. Stop before you start.

If they were wearing them for the technical aspects... would you still want to punch them in the mouth?

Edited by Solitudeix

It's amazing the hatred that a simple pair of footwear can bring out in someone. Insulting the wearer - me - saying (even jokingly, though I don't know if you are) that you'd punch someone in the mouth for wearing them... for fk's sake, they're just a pair of goddamn shoes.

How's the view from your high horse? Can you see well enough from up there you pretentious ass?