All-time best scary line

Finding IT

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 8 2010, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 8 2010, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 8 2010, 05:06 AM)
"Will you marry me?"

- Every single sappy movie.

*shudders*

Actually I watched The Poltergiest recently for the first time (I thought I saw it before but I was mistaking it for the second one) and it freaked the shit outta me!

Now imagine seeing it as a five or six year old like me in the mid 80s after my parents got HBO. Stuff that freaky sticks with you when you see it at that age.

I was actually afraid of the tree we had in the backyard for little while after watching that laugh.gif Not to mention also being scared when a TV station was all snow and static but everything is digital no so that doesn't happen anymore unless you've got a really old TV.

My teenaged niece and nephew claimed that I couldn't scare them at all.....with all the modern-day horror movies that they've seen, ya know.

So I brought them to my place, put Poltergeist on my big screen, and turned down the lights.

It messed them up big time..... z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

And to think that Poltergeist is only PG!

(It was just before PG-13 began.)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Oct 8 2010, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Oct 8 2010, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 8 2010, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Oct 8 2010, 10:17 AM)
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

I tell ya...no line from that film scares me more than this:

Good evening, Clarice.....

yes.gif Either Anthony Hopkins is the best actor of all time or he's a real creeper.

Absolutely! He is a guy who we kinda vote for despite the fact that is is violently and incurably insane. Hell, we are happy when he escapes because we wanna see what kinda evil mischief he can get up to.

Hopkins emotes an dangerous vitality that makes us forget he is of average size and edging into his middle 60s. I was not surprised at all when he overpowered the two younger and larger guards. And when I saw the elaborate restraints he was place in so he could be moved (including that mouthguard) I was certain they would not be enough to hold.

yes.gif

We do love him. He's brilliant... and yet psychotic.

I watched the special features for Red Dragon, and you see the young director, Brett Ratner, coaxing a certain kind of performance from Hopkins. He says something to Hopkins like, "Remember why everyone loves this character..."

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 8 2010, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 8 2010, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 8 2010, 05:06 AM)
"Will you marry me?"

- Every single sappy movie.

*shudders*

Actually I watched The Poltergiest recently for the first time (I thought I saw it before but I was mistaking it for the second one) and it freaked the shit outta me!

Now imagine seeing it as a five or six year old like me in the mid 80s after my parents got HBO. Stuff that freaky sticks with you when you see it at that age.

I was actually afraid of the tree we had in the backyard for little while after watching that laugh.gif Not to mention also being scared when a TV station was all snow and static but everything is digital no so that doesn't happen anymore unless you've got a really old TV.

My teenaged niece and nephew claimed that I couldn't scare them at all.....with all the modern-day horror movies that they've seen, ya know.

So I brought them to my place, put Poltergeist on my big screen, and turned down the lights.

It messed them up big time..... z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

biggrin.gif

Poltergeist: After 28 years still scaring the crap out of everyone new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The film that was deffinitly ahead of it's time and one that just can't be topped by many of the so-called "horror" movies today. It's one of the few movies with that lable that truely lives up to it.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Oct 7 2010, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (LiquidSteel @ Oct 7 2010, 10:09 AM)
Johnny's Home!!!
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6889/theshiningheresjohnny.jpg

1980 The Shining

Isn't that, "Hereeeeeeeee's Johnyy" ala the Johnny Carson show?

Good call, though.

Yeah it was, one creepy scene...

Another line from that movie: "What are you doing down here?"

As soon as I heard it when I first saw it at the tender age of nine, I knew that nothing good was gonna come after that! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 8 2010, 11:51 AM)

yes.gif Either Anthony Hopkins is the best actor of all time or he's a real creeper.

Absolutely! He is a guy who we kinda vote for despite the fact that is is violently and incurably insane. Hell, we are happy when he escapes because we wanna see what kinda evil mischief he can get up to.

Hopkins emotes an dangerous vitality that makes us forget he is of average size and edging into his middle 60s. I was not surprised at all when he overpowered the two younger and larger guards. And when I saw the elaborate restraints he was place in so he could be moved (including that mouthguard) I was certain they would not be enough to hold.

yes.gif

We do love him. He's brilliant... and yet psychotic.

I watched the special features for Red Dragon, and you see the young director, Brett Ratner, coaxing a certain kind of performance from Hopkins. He says something to Hopkins like, "Remember why everyone loves this character..."

Interestingly, Hopkins has said that the voice of HAL in 2001 was the inspiration for Hannibal's accent.

Speak for yourself!! wink.gif

Personally, I want him to remain safely behind bars.....

unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 9 2010, 08:19 AM)

What the hell kinda movie would THAT make?

cool.gif

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Oct 9 2010, 03:32 PM)

cool.gif

laugh.gif Well, we do need to remind ourselves that Lecter was a "Bad Guy"....aren't they supposed to lose at the end of the film?

Every thing about The Ring creeps the hell out of me. That drippy little girl... ack...

I guess that's not giving a scary line, but that movie... Blah...

Also, I watched The Blair Witch Project once in the dark alone with surround sound and I almost shit myself. The tent thing with the scratching and all that? no.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 9 2010, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Finding IT @ Oct 9 2010, 03:32 PM)

cool.gif

laugh.gif Well, we do need to remind ourselves that Lecter was a "Bad Guy"....aren't they supposed to lose at the end of the film?

If you say so. I really WANTED him to have an old friend for dinner.