Everyday Glory

Mr. Not

I despise the emotionless chorus in this song.. When I hear the pre-chorus I think "this is making way for something great", but nope, "everydaaaypeople". What a slap in the face, he's not even singing. What were they thinking?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 3 2010, 04:52 PM)
I like Everyday Glory, even the chorus. But it is one of the weaker CP songs. Anything's better than The Speed of Love.

At least Speed of Love has some cool drumming.

Everyday glory is the 2nd in a lengthening line of crappy final songs:

You Bet Your Life

Everyday Glory

Carve Away The Stone

Out Of The Cradle

We Hold On

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 3 2010, 05:11 PM)
I like Everyday Glory, even the chorus. But it is one of the weaker CP songs. Anything's better than The Speed of Love.

You Bet Your Life

Everyday Glory

Carve Away The Stone

Out Of The Cradle

We Hold On

it goes to show you how we all have different tastes.

i think we hold on is a top 3 song on s & a and out of the cradle is a rockin tune for me. the rest of the songs you listed i agree but add speed of love. it's such a stale sounding song. everyday filler. laugh.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 3 2010, 04:11 PM)

You Bet Your Life

Everyday Glory

Carve Away The Stone

Out Of The Cradle

We Hold On

Aww come on, they're not all bad. You Bet Your Life is catchy, even if the lyrics are a little strange. Everyday Glory, I think is great. Carve Away The Stone, I agree. I don't care for it. Out Of The Cradle is one of the great underrated tracks. I love the energy that it has. We Hold On... I'm on the fence about. I wouldn't call it crappy, but it's not exactly a fave.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 3 2010, 05:46 PM)
Aww come on, they're not all bad. You Bet Your Life is catchy, even if the lyrics are a little strange. Everyday Glory, I think is great. Carve Away The Stone, I agree. I don't care for it. Out Of The Cradle is one of the great underrated tracks. I love the energy that it has. We Hold On... I'm on the fence about. I wouldn't call it crappy, but it's not exactly a fave.

goodpost.gif

I love You Bet Your Life; it's actually one of my favorites off RTB. Carve Away the Stone has always seemed kind of bland to me, and I'm not crazy about We Hold On either. I do like Out of the Cradle though.

As for Everyday Glory, I love it. I think it's a great way to close the album.

I f***ing love Everyday Glory. One of the most moving songs that they've made, and IMO it's the best song on Counterparts, which says a lot considering I pretty much love every song on that record.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 3 2010, 03:29 PM)
I f***ing love Everyday Glory. One of the most moving songs that they've made, and IMO it's the best song on Counterparts, which says a lot considering I pretty much love every song on that record.

goodpost.gif

I love this song. Not really sure why it gets such a bad rap. eh.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Oct 3 2010, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 3 2010, 03:29 PM)

goodpost.gif

I love this song. Not really sure why it gets such a bad rap. eh.gif

Because it came out after 1981 tongue.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 3 2010, 06:13 PM)
Metaldad, I just noticed you have a ' in "gifts" in your sig, where it shouldn't be, do with it what you will, just not sure if you noticed.

Fixed. I never saw it laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 3 2010, 02:48 PM)
I despise the emotionless chorus in this song.. When I hear the pre-chorus I think "this is making way for something great", but nope, "everydaaaypeople". What a slap in the face, he's not even singing. What were they thinking?

u should slap ur own face because u can't even write music yes.gif btw i like the chorus more than the verses when thinking this thru thank u very much

Everyday Glory was, for the longest time, my favorite Rush song. The message is the perfect "optimism with a bloody nose" idea.

I'll take this song, with meaningful, direct lyrics that call to action, over a 20 minute space mythology opera that makes me say "so what?" at the end.

Archived