Ok, so...

Rushchick10

So, I have a picture of me with Geddy Lee on my desk top, and the same picture is my wall paper on both my cell phone and my IPod Touch (soon, Verizon will have the Iphone, and I will just have one hand held! It will be GREAT!! 1022.gif ).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs159.ash2/41310_1586095020123_1468216679_31540692_6192618_n.jpg

(sorry for the repost of the pic! I can't help it!! wub.gif )

Anyways, so I was thinking that, I don't have many pictures of myself with my husband. And, I DEFINITELY don't have any pics of my husband and myself on any hand held, or in a wallet, or what have you...

So, my dear, wise ladies of RUSH...what does this mean? Don't get me wrong, my hubby isn't ugly by any means, but... ph34r.gif tongue.gif

You see your husband every day. You dont see Ged every day, besides pics. As long as he's not a jealous a-hole about it, i say you're ok lol

I'm slowly confessing my Lerxst love to my hubby. Dont want to give full details yet, tho. Lol

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 23 2010, 05:27 AM)
You see your husband every day. You dont see Ged every day, besides pics. As long as he's not a jealous a-hole about it, i say you're ok lol

I'm slowly confessing my Lerxst love to my hubby. Dont want to give full details yet, tho. Lol

rofl3.gif

Well, I confessed my love of Geddy to my husband a long time ago. He was REALLY pissed when I told him that I would NEVER cheat on him...except with Geddy. I said, "baby, it's only fair! I was in love with Geddy LONG before I ever met you, so you see, I am actually cheating on Geddy with you, right?" laugh.gif

I don't have another half at the moment ... so it's ALL good laugh.gif Even if I did, he would have to put up with the fact that Lerxst will ALWAYS have a place in my heart (and anywhere else he wanted wink.gif laugh.gif )

My desktop is the pic of young Lerxst sleeping ... and my iPhone has various pics of the band on there all the time.

I have pix of Ged all over the place and some of Fi as well biggrin.gif

He went with me to the Rush show, with LUVGEDDY plates in hand. He was ok with it. In fact, he was teasing me the whole night: "Ged was totally looking at you that time." laugh.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 23 2010, 04:36 AM)

rofl3.gif

Well, I confessed my love of Geddy to my husband a long time ago. He was REALLY pissed when I told him that I would NEVER cheat on him...except with Geddy. I said, "baby, it's only fair! I was in love with Geddy LONG before I ever met you, so you see, I am actually cheating on Geddy with you, right?" laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'd say that's pretty fair.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 23 2010, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 23 2010, 04:36 AM)

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

I'd say that's pretty fair.

Yeah, I thought so, but hubby didn't see it that way. tongue.gif wink.gif

Sheesh...some guys just don't have a sense of humor when it comes to that stuff! laugh.gif

Great picture RushChick...you should be proud of it.

It is great meeting someone you've admired.

My wife is ga-ga for Russell Crowe and had told me (numerous times) that she would leave me for him.

I told her that I completely understood and that if the opportunity should present itself that I would wish her the best. smile.gif

Life is short...have to have things in it that bring you joy!

~Cheers, RGLT

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 23 2010, 04:50 PM)
Great picture RushChick...you should be proud of it.

It is great meeting someone you've admired.

My wife is ga-ga for Russell Crowe and had told me (numerous times) that she would leave me for him.

I told her that I completely understood and that if the opportunity should present itself that I would wish her the best. smile.gif

Life is short...have to have things in it that bring you joy!

~Cheers, RGLT

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

Russell Crowe, eh? He's smokin', no question...

But, he's no Geddy Lee! wub.gif b_sigh.gif

Well, here's a guys' point of view if you will.

You came into the relationship open about your fanatical ways about Geds, so at least you were honest and not like it's a surprise to your hubby. Also, being a crazy fan about a superstar is normal and is hard to be jealous of. Now, if you were this way about some man you've dated before, then that would be a serious cause for concern.

QUOTE (Joeblw09 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:34 AM)
Well, here's a guys' point of view if you will.

You came into the relationship open about your fanatical ways about Geds, so at least you were honest and not like it's a surprise to your hubby. Also, being a crazy fan about a superstar is normal and is hard to be jealous of. Now, if you were this way about some man you've dated before, then that would be a serious cause for concern.

I haven't dated Geddy? You mean, that wasn't real? unsure.gif

laugh.gif wink.gif I get what you are saying. Nah, past boyfriends are in the "past" for a reason. yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:38 AM)
I haven't dated Geddy? You mean, that wasn't real? unsure.gif

laugh.gif wink.gif I get what you are saying. Nah, past boyfriends are in the "past" for a reason. yes.gif

Well, um I guess that's a good point lol..... I guess maybe that could've been a slight assumption on my part, i'm sorry biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 23 2010, 03:36 AM)

rofl3.gif

See, you & your Hubby need to have the "Big Exception List." This is a list of a handful of people with whom it would be okay to.... er.... stray. Each of you okays the other's list and everyone is happy. smile.gif

Now, my poor Hubby is partially responsible for my attraction to certain musicians and he knows it. He's not the jealous type, anyway. I find that more secure men don't mind if their ladies drool a bit over other men. Likewise with the Hubbies and their "dream ladies."

Hubby knows that Lerxst is on my list, along with a few others. The thing about my list is that my "dream men" are all very smart and funny. I find that sexier in the long run, though the package is a consideration, too (not THAT package, girls - jeez!!). Welllll... maybe blush4.gif

Anyway, Rushgirl, you are lucky to have an understanding Hubby. yes.gif

I don't blame you with not having many pics of you and your other "Half the World". (I'm making Rush song references from left to right today.)

I don't have my half, but, I'm "Finding My Way" through the world of love right now. It's not my favourite world, persay.

But, that's still awesome that you got to meet Geddy Lee. I've only videos of my meeting with him in Hollywood. But, for a short second.

Totally off topic, I know, how do you get a Meet & Greet?

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Sep 29 2010, 04:26 PM)
I don't blame you with not having many pics of you and your other "Half the World". (I'm making Rush song references from left to right today.)

I don't have my half, but, I'm "Finding My Way" through the world of love right now. It's not my favourite world, persay.

But, that's still awesome that you got to meet Geddy Lee. I've only videos of my meeting with him in Hollywood. But, for a short second.

Totally off topic, I know, how do you get a Meet & Greet?

I won it at the Mini RushCon in Vegas the afternoon before the show. Total shocker! I signed up for the Rush "name that tune" game thinking that the grand prize would be like a t-shirt or something! laugh.gif

Could have knocked me over with a feather! wink.gif

I got a bit of teasing at work today because my Rush interest has finally eclipsed my legendary fanaticism over the Fixx, and I was defending the loveliness of our Geddy to the point that my co-worker accused me of "cheating on" Cy (Curnin, Fixx singer). It didn't help when they played One Thing Leads To Another about 15 minutes later facepalm.gif Well, they're never going to play Rush on the station we listen to, so it's a good thing I have at least one other band I'm a fan of to look forward to hearing!

My poor boyfriend, he's always having to put up with me fawning after somebody (but then, I tolerate his spacing out whenever a blonde chick walks by, and his adoration of the cute weather girl on the local news station, who shares my first name). Convincing him we should spend money on multiple sets of good Rush tix next year is going to be another story, though...he likes the Fixx a lot more than Rush. Oh well, he knows I'll fly solo if I have to, but he'll probably want to be there to see me so psyched...he IS very sweet like that!

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 29 2010, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 23 2010, 03:36 AM)

rofl3.gif

See, you & your Hubby need to have the "Big Exception List." This is a list of a handful of people with whom it would be okay to.... er.... stray. Each of you okays the other's list and everyone is happy. smile.gif

Now, my poor Hubby is partially responsible for my attraction to certain musicians and he knows it. He's not the jealous type, anyway. I find that more secure men don't mind if their ladies drool a bit over other men. Likewise with the Hubbies and their "dream ladies."

Hubby knows that Lerxst is on my list, along with a few others. The thing about my list is that my "dream men" are all very smart and funny. I find that sexier in the long run, though the package is a consideration, too (not THAT package, girls - jeez!!). Welllll... maybe blush4.gif

Anyway, Rushgirl, you are lucky to have an understanding Hubby. yes.gif

I've said it elsewhere here but it bears repeating... my husband has no idea about my crush on Alex. I keep it that way. He would tease me relentlessly. Good-natured of course but it would be constant. Every single time Rush was on the radio or I was playing a Rush DVD I would hear, "Hey! There's your boyfriend!" It would be funny but would drive me up the wall at the same time because he would do it over and over and over again.

If I told him I had a crush on Geddy he would ask if I needed glasses. If I said I had a crush on Neil (who he admires) he would say, "Leave me. Leave me and go to Neil for he is Neil Peart and you do what he says."

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 30 2010, 11:40 AM)
If I said I had a crush on Neil (who he admires) he would say, "Leave me. Leave me and go to Neil for he is Neil Peart and you do what he says."

Wow. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Motorshooter @ Oct 1 2010, 01:12 PM)
What are Alex's thoughts on this? You have cut him out of the picture...totally

Well, I tried to get good ol' Lerxst in closer, but Geddy kinda put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. Pictures were taken, another quick round of handshakes and a few words exchanged with Geddy and I was off. I love Alex, and I was kinda bummed that he seemed a little standoff-ish compared to Geddy. Maybe he just wasn't feeling like himself, because I noticed that he didn't goof off as much as usual at the concert that night. Oh well, it was a good shot of me with Geddy, and Alex looks like "ok, when is this shit gonna be over."

Anyways, I DO have the full picture on my phone and Ipod as well:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs194.ash2/45755_1586110900520_1468216679_31540717_4948891_n.jpg

But, despite my love of all things Geddy, I was REALLY looking forward to meeting Alex too, because of all the guitarist in the world he is the one I admire the most. wub.gif

Maybe one day I'll get to meet him again...

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Oct 1 2010, 06:35 PM)

Well, I tried to get good ol' Lerxst in closer, but Geddy kinda put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. Pictures were taken, another quick round of handshakes and a few words exchanged with Geddy and I was off. I love Alex, and I was kinda bummed that he seemed a little standoff-ish compared to Geddy. Maybe he just wasn't feeling like himself

Well, I wasn't there ... of course he was out of sorts! tongue.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 1 2010, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Oct 1 2010, 06:35 PM)

Well, I tried to get good ol' Lerxst in closer, but Geddy kinda put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. Pictures were taken, another quick round of handshakes and a few words exchanged with Geddy and I was off. I love Alex, and I was kinda bummed that he seemed a little standoff-ish compared to Geddy. Maybe he just wasn't feeling like himself

Well, I wasn't there ... of course he was out of sorts! tongue.gif wink.gif

I knew there had to be a good reason! laugh.gif tongue.gif