Running out of chances to DVD this tour

Pause Rewind Replay

I love all their DVD's and really hope this tour will be done! With all the detail they put into the stage setup alone that should be recorded. But this is a show that must be set in stone. Not only for the people who couldn't go but for us who were there who want to re-live it over & over. Plus the comedy video's need to be put out on a DVD. Rash. They are so funny! I have to see that stuff again.

I'd say record in Rio again because the energy they get from those crowds can't be beat. And Rush soaked in all in and shot it back out 10 fold.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CWP @ Oct 3 2010, 01:28 AM)
There were at least three cameras at the Tampa. I imagine they were filming this event (and likely WPB as well) preparing for the South American dates.

If they were filming for a DVD there would be a lot more than 3 cameras.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Oct 3 2010, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (CWP @ Oct 3 2010, 01:28 AM)
There were at least three cameras at the Tampa.  I imagine they were filming this event (and likely WPB as well) preparing for the South American dates.

If they were filming for a DVD there would be a lot more than 3 cameras.

They had the same for WPB and Bristow, VA and like someone else said IF they were taping these shows they would be quite a few more cameras.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Sep 20 2010, 09:34 AM)
Maybe they're planning to film in South America again.

That'd be pretty cool although I have a feeling it won't happen. Even though this i the first tour in almost 2 years, and the first time they've played in South America since the Vapor Trails tour, this isn't considered a "major tour".

We are getting a DVD of this tour. I have very little doubt.

Hmm... Geddy says they "have been filming" some shows. Yet no one has reported seeing any cameras besides the basic ones they use for projection and everything. Maybe this is going to be a low-budget recording like the Atlanta vids from S&A Live.

Perhaps both tours will be released in one set (2 dvds or one Blue ray - whatever). They are probably running out of dvd 'extras' at this point anyway.

If that is the case then it will mean they will really have to shake up the setlist next tour. Cool.

Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Oct 5 2010, 02:28 PM)

If that is the case then it will mean they will really have to shake up the setlist next tour. Cool.

yeah just like they "shook it up" for the S&A tour second leg tongue.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Oct 5 2010, 02:27 PM)
Hmm... Geddy says they "have been filming" some shows. Yet no one has reported seeing any cameras besides the basic ones they use for projection and everything. Maybe this is going to be a low-budget recording like the Atlanta vids from S&A Live.

The translation was a loose one so it's hard to know exactly what Ged said.

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Oct 5 2010, 04:55 PM)
there was a post on another thread, maybe from a meet and greet or a backstage thing, that a roadie said they had been doing some filming but would be doing a lot more once they got to South America.

That sounds more like documentary type filming than anything else.....

Well, this should be interesting.... A couple of additional thoughts occurred to me..

With only 4 shows remaining, if they are even THINKING of filming, then realistically, there are likely only 2 of the 4 remaining shows that would be filmed. Here's my reasoning...

They wouldn't film in Rio again, because they've done that. The band doesn't seem to like to repeat themselves too much in any way. In keeping with that theme, given that they have once before ( in Rio ) filmed the last show of the tour, it may be safe to assume that they won't film the last one from this tour either? ( Thus eliminating Santiago? ).

Not sure, but I remain hopeful that somehow, the guys decide that it's worth filming... even though these things take months of prep time I'm sure. And unless they were planning to film in South America all along, I'm fearful that we may not have a DVD of this tour. Heartbreaking in many ways.. that's for sure.

Edited by Phantom

All I can say is that it will be a real shame if there is no DVD of this tour. The sets, the setlist, the fantastic audiences and stellar playing by the band beg to be filmed for posterity. And the film intros... we need good copies of them, not just YT versions.

How about this (if anyone associated with the band is reading)? Release a DVD with the Moving Pictures section with the films as extras. That way, it's not too labor intensive but we get a record of it.

I've logged many a video in my day and have bit of experience with non-linear editing. I'll put in some time working on it for free! smile.gif

b_sigh.gif

I don't understand why I can't get thing to post without having to Preview first. It always gets me an error message and a double post. Sorry.

Edited by HowItIs

I am positive that geddy already stated that after the South American leg of this tour. They would be going back into the studio to complete CA and still needed to write atleast 2 more songs to complete the "Concept". There was also the strong possibility of a DVD release of this tour. It's coming, we just need to be patient.

yes.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 9 2010, 08:42 AM)
Well, according to Ged's interview yesterday, it looks like we'll be getting some sort of live representation of this tour...

http://tvuol.uol.com.br/#view/id=entrevist...rtilhe-twitter/

YAY!!!! cheer.gif

Thanks for the link, Phantom!

Maybe they're gonna do something like the Iron Maiden Flight 666 Documentary/Concert. Each song was from a different city, and there was a documentary that followed them on their tour. Perhaps to cut costs, they've just been recording the feed from the in house cameras. Not the best quality, but it's an interesting concept that worked well for Maiden.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 9 2010, 02:00 AM)
I've logged many a video in my day and have bit of experience with non-linear editing. I'll put in some time working on it for free! smile.gif

laugh.gif Me, too...to all 3 of those! One of can edit the 1st half, the other can edit the 2nd, and we'll flip for the encore.