Why more women at Rush Shows

losingit2k

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 15 2010, 07:30 PM)
Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in. Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too. How do you score front row tickets? When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please. also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated. any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister! can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

Trf womem should get to have a special meet and greet! And yes, it has to be alex's side!!!! Lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:16 AM)
QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 15 2010, 07:30 PM)
Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in.  Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too.  How do you score front row tickets?  When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please.  also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated.  any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister!  can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

Trf womem should get to have a special meet and greet! And yes, it has to be alex's side!!!! Lol

Yup - I'm Lerxst side too please. I will pay almost anything to get front row!! If they tour in my school holiday window, I'll be over for a few shows. One thing though, I'll have to depend on my Rush gals here to get tickets for me ... so if some of you might help me out, that would be great.

Totally excited at the thought that we might all get together at a few gigs!!

Yeah, whoever knows the best way to get front row seats should be designated to get them for all of us so we're all together! We should email someone about hooking us up with seats and meet and greets! Lol

I'm praying they come to Detroit this year. But thats why im going to get an enhanced license so i can come to toronto if they dont.

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 15 2010, 07:52 PM)
Ya know, I did take note of the fact that LSM and I had to actually wait in a "line" at the ladies' room last night in BOSTON!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I had to do the same at the NYS fair.

SO not cool as there were no more than 8 stalls new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif rage.gif I actually worried that I would not have enough time for the intermission!

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 01:02 PM)
I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too! cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman! She puts me to SHAME! laugh.gif laugh.gif

She puts all us Geddy lovers to shame..

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 16 2010, 11:59 AM)
I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too!  cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman!  She puts me to SHAME!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

THAT is the truth! She and I got our tickets together (2nd row, Geddy's side!) for the Dallas show! I am sure I will have some stories after that concert. laugh.gif Poor Geddy doesn't know what he's in for with the two of us sitting together! drool1.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 16 2010, 12:59 PM)
I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too!  cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman!  She puts me to SHAME!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I tried pullin' age rank with Petie at the Boston show - - I told her that I was willing to "share" - - she said she was not!

rofl3.gif common001.gif rofl3.gif

She's ADORABLE - - and I took a picture with her back!!!!! I've never asked someone to turn around so I could snuggle up to their back before - - for a picture! tongue.gif (Man, I'm glad this is in NWW - - the men would really take this the wrong way, eh?!?!?)

WE HAD A WICKED AWESOME TIME IN BOSTON!!!!!!!

Can't wait til next year - - gotta save the pennies!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif (Still on a semi-post-RUSH-concert high, even though I had to be back in my classroom the morning after at 7:30 am!!!!!)

Hi fellow Rush sisters.... i hope to network with you. I'm going to set up Facebook (is that the best way?). As for front row tickets in Toronto, I will pay what it takes (even though i don't agree that insiders scoop up front rows and then hold true fans hostage - seems like a corrupt system of ticket agencies to me). But if no choice, i will cough up the money for such a seat... i'm contemplating getting a TShirt that says 'Chicks' (a la Alex comment). Don't know if you are aware but if you are coming from the US to Canada, i think you will need a passport. I have already worked myself into a frenzy daydreaming about this situation, but now to satisfy my realistic side, can someone tell me is it definite that a 2011 Toronto concert will take place? Where is this stated?

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 16 2010, 06:51 PM)
Hi fellow Rush sisters.... i hope to network with you. I'm going to set up Facebook (is that the best way?). As for front row tickets in Toronto, I will pay what it takes (even though i don't agree that insiders scoop up front rows and then hold true fans hostage - seems like a corrupt system of ticket agencies to me). But if no choice, i will cough up the money for such a seat... i'm contemplating getting a TShirt that says 'Chicks' (a la Alex comment). Don't know if you are aware but if you are coming from the US to Canada, i think you will need a passport. I have already worked myself into a frenzy daydreaming about this situation, but now to satisfy my realistic side, can someone tell me is it definite that a 2011 Toronto concert will take place? Where is this stated?

Nothing "certain" yet, but both Geddy and Alex have said that they are going to tour for the Clockwork Angels album next summer. I would only assume that they will hit Toronto. cool.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 16 2010, 07:39 PM)
Im all for the "Chicks" shirts! Lol and realistically, i cant drop more then around $500 for a ticket. Plus hubby will be tagging along so theres more $$. Hopefully we can snag good seats before they jack up the price.

Do what I do: Make sure that hubby and son get good seats at least one show, then say that you need to "get away," and get fantastic seats for yourself at another show! Worked for me so far! cool.gif laugh.gif

haha my hubby don't play that lol he's weird. he doesn't like it when i got to places without him, cause he's not there to "protect" me lol but if i do bring him along he's the perfect body guard for all of us. he's HUGE lol he's been bodyguard for my smaller friends before. they love him for it lol

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 16 2010, 09:00 PM)
haha my hubby don't play that lol he's weird. he doesn't like it when i got to places without him, cause he's not there to "protect" me lol but if i do bring him along he's the perfect body guard for all of us. he's HUGE lol he's been bodyguard for my smaller friends before. they love him for it lol

That's cool, but I am a cop. I can protect you (and many others, believe me! I might not be big but I am a BAD ASS!!).

No worries here. I kick some major arse. That is why my hubby doesn't mind me going off to RUSH concerts alone! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

I don't feel as uneasy at a Rush gig than I have at other gigs, even though my first show was in Columbus last month.

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 16 2010, 11:51 PM)
i'm contemplating getting a TShirt that says 'Chicks' (a la Alex comment).

laugh.gif laugh.gif Count me in on these ... I'm also contemplating getting a "Lerxst is my homeboy" shirt

Dear God - can you imagine all of us at a TO gig? laugh.gif

like i said, we need to try to contact someone to make this happen. it will be so hard for us to buy seats together, unless, like i mentioned, someone gets them all and then we pay them.

i'm sure we can discuss more when the time comes, which needs to get here soon!!!!

First heard them in the mid 80's and loved Farewell to Kings. I was studying Eng Lit at the time so the Coleridge stuff was why I listened in the first place. At the same time on UK TV there was a show called (I think) Rockschool, I first saw Mr Peart on that and he blew my my mind. In our house the are "my" band (OH is a Pink Floyd nut) so I came to see them with our 8 year old at Holmdel.

I became a fan on my own accord. I heard The Spirit of Radio on the radio when I was twelve and I told my mom that I really liked it. She said she could get me one of their albums, especially since she also really liked them back in the 80's. She bought me the TSOR compilation album and I really fell in love with The Trees. I also liked Ged's voice a lot. After that I got Hemispheres and CoS. I didn't realize that the band was still together and touring, and not just a 70s-80s band, until I went to my aunt's house and she told me she had the Rio dvd and we watched it. I slowly collected all of the rest of the albums after that, and I saw them from the 5th row on my 16th birthday. I still can't imagine a better way I could've spent my birthday that year. I'm 19 and have seen them twice since then, but never from as close of a view as I did on my 16th birthday. I've also been a member on this forum for almost 5 years now. Rush also influenced me to pick up a guitar, and I take private lessons through my university.

I've always been teased a lot for knowing little to nothing about current pop music, but my Rush fandom has turned me on to better music than I could've ever imagined, and I'm proud of that. 2.gif

Edited by udanax

Hey, I wanna be in on this NWW front row thing too!! After seeing them (or rather, Geddy wub.gif ) from the front row in Sarnia, I don't think I can go back to seeing them from farther back. I've got a friend in NYC that would also go - after Sarnia, we said our next concert "date" has to be Toronto.

I've been a fan since the early 80's but didn't go to my first Rush concert until CP. I bought the tickets for my then boyfriend (now hubby) because he kind of liked their music. And he did admit that they put on a good show. (He had and still has nothing good to say about Primus because of that tour.) He has historically been my date to Rush shows and it has always bothered me that the guys around us assumed that he dragged me there...when it's always been the other way around.

Since R30, I've seen them three times with my very good friend that lives in Manhattan - herself also a long time Rush fan. She came to Detroit to see them for R30 with me and all of the men around us was amazed. Seemed to have spread like wildfire that there were 2 chicks there - with no "attached" men in sight. laugh.gif

I did see a lot of women at the Sarnia show. Some were obviously fans and a great many were obviously not. Most unfortunate though was when I learned from the young drunk girls behind me that they were just there because they had passes for the whole music festival and really couldn't wait for the Black Eyed Peas concert that Sunday. eyesre4.gif

I'd love to be front row at TO but traveling for Rush doesn't really fit in my budget, unless it's travling somewhere I know someone (relative, friend). Travel $$ + tix (front row ones at that!) + hotel + food/merch/etc. = a lot for this lady.

I truly envy those who can just travel 'round the states, or world, to follow Rush and get to be in the first 5 rows everytime. eh.gif