Predictions for 2011

maxey2112

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set 1

Instrumental Overture : Hemispheres : Prelude/ The Necromancer/ Cygnux X-1 Part 2/ 2112 Grand Finale

The Analog Kid

Cut to the Chase

YYZ

Lock And Key

Afterimage

Test For Echo

Manhattan Project

Bravest Face

Show Don't Tell

Limelight

Set 2

Clockwork Angels (Entire)

Vital Signs

Drum Solo

Jacob's Ladder

Hope/A Farewell To Kings

Natural Science

Xanadu

The Spirit Of Radio

Encore:

The Twilight Zone

Xanadu/Hemispheres : Cygnus: Bringer of Balance/By-Tor And The Snowdog/Hemispheres: The Sphere

Tom Sawyer

I LOVE IT! wub.gif

Edited by Between The Beers

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 5 2010, 02:56 PM)
My prediction is that I will buy tickets for as many shows as I can and not really care what they play. 1022.gif

I also predict that someone will bitch about the setlist, or the fact that Geddy didn't hit all the notes one night, or that Alex botched a solo. eyesre4.gif

Or that his guitar tech f*cked up again. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2010, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Sep 5 2010, 08:09 PM)
If they play Lock and Key, I'll pay $200 a seat to see it.

are you kidding? that would be a nice addition but they'll have to do more than that for me to buck up next time around.

What if they also dropped those red HYF-era balloons all over the audience like in the video?

Would you pay $200 a set then? Hmm? Hmmmm??

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Sep 5 2010, 03:33 PM)
They will do at least 1 song never played on tour before.
What could it be?
I will go with Cut To The Chase

That's an interesting song choice to say the least.

I'd actually like to hear a modern day recording of Circumstances. If I had to go newer, I'd say.......Carve Away The Stone

I think SIO through Faithless will be taken out in favor of stuff off the new album. I think they keep all of MP because next year is the official 30th anniversary of the album. Replace CTTH with another slow acoustic song. If they have a new song like that then that'll be it. If not maybe Resist or an acoustic rendition of Different Strings, Losing It or something like that will work for me.

Take out Working Man and make the encore Jacob's Ladder and La Villa.

***spoilers in my post***

My guess will be not playing ANYTHING from Moving Pictures (except maybe Tom Sawyer for the "radio fans") and adding the new songs accordingly.

Seeing that it will be the 30th anniv. for Signals, they may do a medley or maybe bring Countdown back since the Space Shuttle program will be eliminated soon!?!?!

I'd like to see them continue to bring back stuff they hadn't played live before, and maybe bring back something they haven't played in years (Jacobs Ladder, since it was rumored for this tour, and they didn't play it ...time maybe?)

I'll still go if they play the same setlist as they did this tour...can't see them enough, how much longer can it last?!?!

Anybody who thinks they're still going to do all of MP next summer is nuts! Next tour will be supporting a NEW album, not a 30 year old one. If they play an entire album, it will be the new one. I'm about 50/50 thinking they will do that. If not, we can probably at least expect MOST of the album to get played, like the S&A tour.

Prediction?

Pain. (in my best Mr T aka Clubber Lang voice)

LOL. Actually here is my predictions as I don't know what will be dropped but here are a few tunes that will be played IMO.

Jacobs Ladder

The Analog Kid

Xanadu

Manhatten Project

Red Sector A

So there are my songs that get into the setlist for 2011.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Sep 7 2010, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2010, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Sep 5 2010, 08:09 PM)
If they play Lock and Key, I'll pay $200 a seat to see it.

are you kidding? that would be a nice addition but they'll have to do more than that for me to buck up next time around.

What if they also dropped those red HYF-era balloons all over the audience like in the video?

Would you pay $200 a set then? Hmm? Hmmmm??

I have one of those balloons. It's in a bag somewhere. Red w/Rush (HYF logo) on it. I was able to deflate it without popping it.

IMO- next year they will tour due to their new album and will play majority of new songs and hopefully add xanadu, Jacobs Ladder and would love to hear Anthem. Will take a year off after that and do the last/finale tour 2113 when they are all 60 years old. Playing all the absolute classics mostly from the 70s and of course MP, that would rock.

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 7 2010, 02:46 PM)
Prediction?

Pain. (in my best Mr T aka Clubber Lang voice)

LOL. Actually here is my predictions as I don't know what will be dropped but here are a few tunes that will be played IMO.

Jacobs Ladder
The Analog Kid
Xanadu
Manhatten Project
Red Sector A

So there are my songs that get into the setlist for 2011.

i'll take that except replace red sector a with the enemy within and manhattan project with middletown dreams or territories

Countdown (Intro)

The Big Money

Test For Echo

Analog Kid

Time Stand Still

New World Man

Manhatten Project

Driven

*Clockwork Angels*

Double Agent

Losing It

Limbo

Red Sector A

Show Don't Tell

Digital Man

Force 10

Tom Sawyer

Mystic Rythyms

Drum Solo

Lock and Key

Natrual Science

*Clock Work Angels*

Ghost of a Chance

*Radio Fan Songs*

Jacobs Ladder

Xanadu or Hemispheres

yeah, it's probably never gonna happen but it would be pretty neat... litter it with some more hits and clockwork angel songs and you got your self a pretty neat setlist

tongue.gif

Edited by Digital_Necromancer

Spoilers about the current setlist below . . .

I definitely think we'll be seeing some big changes. If I would guess, I think they'll get rid of at the very least Time Stand Still, Presto, Stick It Out, Leave That Thing Alone, Workin' Them Angels, Red Barchetta, Vital Signs, The Camera Eye and Witch Hunt. Probably more.

In my dreams, the new setlist would be . . .

The Spirit Of Radio

Chain Lightning

The Analog Kid

Force Ten

*new song*

Freewill

BU2B

*new song*

The Pass

Red Barchetta

Natural Science

--

Caravan

*new song*

*new song*

Kid Gloves

Middletown Dreams

Prime Mover

Vapor Trail

YYZ

Drum Solo

Xanadu

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

--

2112: Overture/Temples of Syrinx

La Villa Strangiato

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Sep 8 2010, 12:39 PM)
One thing...looking at the recent setlists, they really HAVE been mixing things up, and pulling at least ONE obscure tune out! 

Not complaining as LONG as they are TOURING! (and coming to a tram shed near me!)

i've seen them so many times that i need big changes to stop myself from yawning. what can i say i get bored easily. i like curveballs and all kinds of surprises thrown in but if it's something i don't care for, i won't be dishing out my loot. rush touring isn't a reason for me personally to run out and buy tickets. i want to know what they are playing first, and i know they need to play a certain number of songs to please the casual fans, but i would cut out some of them.

Edited by ReflectedLight