Clockwork Angels Tour Songs!

losingit2k

Did anyone catch this on the interview with Alex on the other thread?

Interviewer: "You're not busting out the Gibson EDS-1275 double neck anymore, though, huh?"

Alex: [laughs] "No. I think I'm a little too old for that. It hurts my back too much. Maybe next tour I'll bring it out. We'll see."

Does this mean we will be hearing Xanadu or Hemisphere next tour?

What other songs could it be?

confused13.gif

If you need the link to the interview here:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ale...pictures-274543

Edited by losingit2k

Regardless of Alex's record of (in)accuracy in the past, what he said is in no way a promise or confirmation of any sort that he'd definitely bring out the double neck next tour. "Maybe" and "we'll see" mean nothing more than exactly that, so don't go getting your hopes up already.

They should just let Alex make all the setlists from now on anyhow, seems like he gets outvoted or something a lot. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 3 2010, 06:44 AM)
He went so far as to flat-out say that the doubleneck was going to be used for the S&A tour in a magazine interview. As I recall, that ended up not happening...

Yes, but he was going to use it in a weird way with a piezo pickup installed on the 12 string neck. I think it would have been for Entre Nous, which kind of makes sense but not really.

I don't think he even used it on the Hemispheres tour for the title track - could you imagine playing that thing for nearly 20 minutes straight? Yikes.

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Sep 3 2010, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Sep 3 2010, 06:44 AM)
He went so far as to flat-out say that the doubleneck was going to be used for the S&A tour in a magazine interview.  As I recall, that ended up not happening...

Yes, but he was going to use it in a weird way with a piezo pickup installed on the 12 string neck. I think it would have been for Entre Nous, which kind of makes sense but not really.

I don't think he even used it on the Hemispheres tour for the title track - could you imagine playing that thing for nearly 20 minutes straight? Yikes.

Yep, that's the interview I was referring to. I think he was talking about using the doubleneck for 'Hope' as well as some other song, because in addition to having the piezo pickup installed, he said something about "someone's going to be real busy tuning that thing during the concert".

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Sep 3 2010, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Sep 3 2010, 09:55 AM)
You're reading way to much from Alex's comment.

Maybe Alex is trying to tell us he was abducted by aliens.

And force at gun point into a weight lost program by the hair club for men's cross dressing transexual vice president who was also abducted by Rush loving Aliens!

unsure.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Sep 3 2010, 12:04 PM)

He did later on, though.

Also, you're right that he didn't play it (on the CP tour, at least) for 20 mins, but he also used it on Xanadu.

At 6:44 and 4:16 respectively, he played it for 11 mins each night of that tour.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything; just noting that he has used it for the title track and had it on for at least 11 mins on tour back in 94.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 3 2010, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Sep 3 2010, 12:04 PM)
I don't think he even used it on the Hemispheres tour for the title track - could you imagine playing that thing for nearly 20 minutes straight?  Yikes.

He did later on, though.

Also, you're right that he didn't play it (on the CP tour, at least) for 20 mins, but he also used it on Xanadu.

At 6:44 and 4:16 respectively, he played it for 11 mins each night of that tour.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything; just noting that he has used it for the title track and had it on for at least 11 mins on tour back in 94.

Well I knew this! reason gor the thread!

653.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 3 2010, 09:09 AM)
I hope they do stairway!

Hotel California!

But who will duel with him in the guitar duel at the end????

By the way... The 4 all time greatest Double-Neck songs:

Xanadu (because they used 2!!!)

Hotel California (That guitar duel between the WHITE Sg Double-neck and the strat is classic)

Stairway To Heaven

Band on The Run

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Sep 7 2010, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 3 2010, 09:09 AM)
I hope they do stairway!

Hotel California!

But who will duel with him in the guitar duel at the end????

By the way... The 4 all time greatest Double-Neck songs:

Xanadu (because they used 2!!!)

Hotel California (That guitar duel between the WHITE Sg Double-neck and the strat is classic)

Stairway To Heaven

Band on The Run

Can we just get back to the subject at hand? hmm?

sarcasm.gif