What would you want from a CD/DVD?

djcos15

Seeing as Rush has released live albums of their last 3 tours, I think another is in store for us.

What songs would you like to see on a CD/DVD release of the Time Machine Tour?

Here would be mine

1. Spirit of Radio (show opener, kind of given)

2. Time Stand Still (great song, not on many live releases)

3. Presto(never released live)

4. Stick it Out

5. Working them Angels

6. Faithless (never live before)

7. BU2B (obvious)

8. Marathon

9. YYZ (always awesome)

10. Red Barchetta (was changed a bit for this tour)

11. The Camera Eye (never released live)

12. Caravan (obv)

13 Love 4 Sale drum solo

14. Guitar Intro/CTTH (different, like broons bane, and with CTTH changed a bit)

15. Both Encores

If they release the Time Machine tour on cd/dvd along with Clockwork Angels they would only need to sell about 250k copies to make it platnium. Then they would get good publicity about having a platnium cd which could lead to further sales. I'm betting on a deluxe edition cd/dvd edition like Journey had a couple of years ago.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Aug 28 2010, 06:22 PM)
If they release the Time Machine tour on cd/dvd along with Clockwork Angels they would only need to sell about 250k copies to make it platnium. Then they would get good publicity about having a platnium cd which could lead to further sales. I'm betting on a deluxe edition cd/dvd edition like Journey had a couple of years ago.

I'd be very disappointed if they sunk to the level of Foreigner or Journey, basically admitting that nobody wants to hear their new material and that the only way to get anyone to buy it is by cutting a deal with Wal-Mart or Target to package it with a live album or a greatest hits. I'd like to hope Rush has more self-respect than that.

No reason to believe they won't release the new live album and DVD as its own package like they have with every tour since Rio. They've done alright with that formula.

What I wouldn't be opposed to: waiting until 2012 to release anything on DVD and putting together a 2-disc "Past & Future" package, with the first disc being the Time Machine tour and the second disc being the Clockwork Angels tour. Maybe release the CD version of Time Machine in the meantime.

It would be nice to have the entire concert! R30 was a little of a let down when it didn't have all the tunes. Additionally I would like to have an interview with the guys concerning Clockwork Angles along with a clip of Alex and Geddy getting their Star!

Now that said: CD+ DVD Package!

653.gif

I want the whole show. I understand that making a live album is a lot easier than putting out a studio album. They should do what they did for the S&A tour. Maybe a live cd of the tour and a release of the dvd/bluray when the clockwork angels tour is finished. Screw that, put out a dvd of the time machine tour before Christmas. I love live Rush and would buy it and watch it. I still watch R30, RIR, E...SL, and GUP all the time. Yes, ASOH does not get much play here. I prefer the studio PoW and HYF.

I'd love to have this entire show on DVD. As for bonus feature, I know exactly what I'd wish for:

There are tons of Rush tunes on their previous DVD's on which I'd like to see specific band members playing specific parts, but the film doesn't focus on the individual player. For example, during the medley at the beginning of R30, there are some GREAT drum parts that Neil is playing where I want to watch him, but I can't because the camera is either on Ged or Alex.

I'd LOVE it if there were special features or a bonus DVD, where you could select any one of the three band members, and watch them specifically and entirely.

I know that on Neil's Anatomy of a Drum Solo, there is an option to watch him and him alone playing " Subdivisions ". The camera(s) are on him for the entire song. It's absolutely amazing.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 28 2010, 07:47 PM)

I'd be very disappointed if they sunk to the level of Foreigner or Journey, basically admitting that nobody wants to hear their new material and that the only way to get anyone to buy it is by cutting a deal with Wal-Mart or Target to package it with a live album or a greatest hits. I'd like to hope Rush has more self-respect than that.

No reason to believe they won't release the new live album and DVD as its own package like they have with every tour since Rio. They've done alright with that formula.

Re: Foreigner/Journey . . .

especially if they offer a free fruit & vegetable juicer, ceiling mop and board stretcher along with their product. tongue.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 28 2010, 09:50 PM)
What I wouldn't be opposed to: waiting until 2012 to release anything on DVD and putting together a 2-disc "Past & Future" package, with the first disc being the Time Machine tour and the second disc being the Clockwork Angels tour. Maybe release the CD version of Time Machine in the meantime.

But if they do that, it wouldn't have the ENTIRE setlists from both tours. Now, if they did it and made it a quadruple CD with both ENTIRE shows, that would rule!

QUOTE (Maples Oaks and Porcupine Trees @ Aug 29 2010, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 28 2010, 07:47 PM)

Re: Foreigner/Journey . . .

especially if they offer a free fruit & vegetable juicer, ceiling mop and board stretcher along with their product. tongue.gif

I hope I'm not the only one who actually likes the new material. It's not as good as the FBN-GUP period, but it's better than a lot of the stuff that's out there and it's still musically relevant. Some of those bands like Journey, Styx, Foreigner, Kansas, etc. still tour but they are basically just novelty acts, just getting by on what they did in back in the day. While I greatly prefer the old Rush sound, I don't have any issues with them exploring different sounds, other than thinking that they do some of them a whole lot better than they do others.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 28 2010, 10:50 PM)

goodpost.gif