The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Apr 25 2011, 10:51 PM)
British television sucks major ass!

That's because you American-E-S are too stoopid to understand it - especially you Mr Polis.

The US and A has to take our programmes and water them down to the lowest level. All in the Family anyone?

We'll have the last laugh though, when you find out that the BBC is part of a communist plot to take over the world BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this show, and am glad it's finally running again. It seemed like it was on break forever!

Matt Smith is doing a good job, I think. Amy and Rory are delightful. I too wondered about River and the astronaut...could that be her???

Anyway, here's a picture that was part of a caption contest on another board a while back...the winning caption was perfect. Enjoy!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/statuefun.jpg

"Blink ONE MORE TIME, Motherf--ker!"

Just got the Mara Tales dvd set, featuring two great Peter Davison adventures: Kinda and Snakedance.

Probably my favourite Davison stories, along with Enlightenment and Caves of Androzani.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 4 2011, 08:06 PM)

I saw a comment on a DW forum, relating to this screenshot..

http://www.kasterborous.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/dw-s6-trailer1-tardis-hp3.jpg

This was from the trailer that is for the whole of series 6, but remember when the 10th doctor regenerated into the 11th doctor, so did his TARDIS and it got a new "Desktop Theme"...

This is not Matt Smith's TARDIS, what is this screenshot doing in a trailer for series 6?

Hehe!! Seen it!! Spoilers!!

I do remember back when Colin Baker was thedoctor (just!!). Been into it since Christopher Eccelston.

Season 6 has been split into to over here in the uk. No idea why! The last episode of the first half is on this Saturday. The second half will be on later this year.

Question for the us fans: how long will you have to wait to see it. From what I've been reading in previous posts it isn't that long.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 1 2011, 08:27 PM)
Season 6 has been split into to over here in the uk. No idea why! The last episode of the first half is on this Saturday. The second half will be on later this year.

Question for the us fans: how long will you have to wait to see it. From what I've been reading in previous posts it isn't that long.

Steven Moffat explained the split as a way to avoid the mid series "slump" in viewers, which he noticed last year. Casual viewers tended to tune in for premiers and finales more than other episodes...so ta-da, twice as many premiers and finales per year.

And about having to wait for the second half of the series...once that's finished, we won't have to wait as long for series 7 new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 2 2011, 05:27 AM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 1 2011, 08:27 PM)

Steven Moffat explained the split as a way to avoid the mid series "slump" in viewers, which he noticed last year. Casual viewers tended to tune in for premiers and finales more than other episodes...so ta-da, twice as many premiers and finales per year.

And about having to wait for the second half of the series...once that's finished, we won't have to wait as long for series 7 new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah that's true cool.gif Thanks for the answer!!

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 1 2011, 04:23 PM)
I think there is one more episode in the first half (A Good Man Goes to War).

Yep! That's the one on saturday.

Hi folks.

Return of Torchwood 8th July both US & UK.

Oh. Previous mentioned Michael Moorcock. Eternal Champion books are superb. He was also an early member of the band of Hawkwind. Many of those lyrics are really extracts of his books.

QUOTE (Gilby @ Jun 2 2011, 03:05 PM)
Hi folks.

Return of Torchwood 8th July both US & UK.

HOORAY!!!!

cheer.gif common001.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 2 2011, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 1 2011, 04:23 PM)
I think there is one more episode in the first half (A Good Man Goes to War).

Yep! That's the one on saturday.

Not here. At least I don't think so (unless they're running two new episodes)

They still haven't aired the second part of The Rebel Flesh in America yet. That's scheduled for Saturday.

A good man goes to war.........

Just had LyndseyG screaming OMG loads.

Superb, you've all got a treat coming folks.

"A Good Man Goes To War".....

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

Fantastic!!

cheer.gif common001.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

See what I have to live with smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Edited by Gilby

Cosy, wtf.gif Edited by Gilby

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jun 6 2011, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ May 3 2011, 02:00 PM)
"The Sun Makers" available at Amazon on August 9th.  common001.gif

Which season is that again?

Summer if you are in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter if you are in the Southern...

Season 15...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun_Makers ph34r.gif