The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 25 2010, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 24 2010, 06:54 PM)
I'm so close to nabbing the 'Key to Time' box now.  I have a voucher as well so its ridiculously tempting.  Think I'll blow it next week.  Hopefully it's still in there as its been a while unsure.gif

You must have it! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I got it for $100. Great bargain. trink39.gif

Yeah dude. And its the delish fold-out version drool1.gif I thought the US has a different one?

Whovian here!!!

Wow, how did I never see this thread? I must be going mad. Or blind. Or both.

Kind of like with the other things I love (Rush, Star Trek, X-Files, REO Speedwagon, and a whole boatload of things that came before my time) I haven't necessarily been a "life-long fan". But I started watching Doctor Who.. I don't know; a few years back, and I fell in love with it! Of course, here in the US and having a lack of BBC, it's always a season behind.. But I really don't mind. I'll get caught up eventually. tongue.gif

Looooooved Eccleston, but Tennant will always be closest to my heart. I actually haven't seen more than a couple episodes with Matt Smith... and I gotta admit, I wasn't terribly impressed. But once it starts airing over here I'll probably warm up to him.

Is it my favourite sci-fi? Nah. But it's still something I'd watch over pretty much everything else on TV these days (Fringe and a couple other shows excepted). It's entertaining and generally I've been impressed. So yes, Doctor Who for the win! May it live long and prosper have many more years. (:

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 23 2010, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 22 2010, 11:07 PM)

I bumped it up tonight. It was buried in the back pages. bekloppt.gif Btw, Star Trek? 1022.gif

Must work on the bumps yes.gif Got some new product to tell about soon as well smile.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 22 2010, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 22 2010, 11:07 PM)

I bumped it up tonight. It was buried in the back pages. bekloppt.gif Btw, Star Trek? 1022.gif

Ah, well wonderful! I might have to scavenge the back pages more often, hehe. Thanks, in any case, for bumping it up.

And yes!! Major Trekkie right here. (See, I gotta thank my dad for all this. He's the one who's gotten me into everything... Well, except for a few things which I'll blame on my mother. tongue.gif) My favourite series is Deep Space Nine, except no one really knows that series at all so it makes me quite sad. ;;

Thankfully, though, there seem to be more Doctor Who fans about that are around my age.. So there's hope for this generation yet LOL.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 23 2010, 04:00 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 24 2010, 10:30 PM)
I understand you can now pre-order "Seeds of Doom" in the UK. Lucky bastards.  trink39.gif

March 8th 2011, "Seeds of Doom" will be mine! drool1.gif

Just got "Seeds of Doom" at the weekend. Fantastic story.

Very creepy and atmospheric, and an ice cold bad guy in Harrison Chase.

Tom Baker's a little more at his serious side, but he's still great, as always.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 23 2010, 12:47 PM)
And yes!! Major Trekkie right here. (See, I gotta thank my dad for all this. He's the one who's gotten me into everything... Well, except for a few things which I'll blame on my mother. tongue.gif) My favourite series is Deep Space Nine, except no one really knows that series at all so it makes me quite sad. ;;

I love DS9! It's my fave Trek too. biggrin.gif

But Babylon 5's better than Trek... ph34r.gif bolt.gif

Sorry, off topic. I haven't seen much Doctor Who outside the Eccelston and Tennant series' yet, unfortunately...

Watching "The War Games" right now............ I had to skip most of Patrick Troughton as the Doctor, as the majority of his episodes are missing

First time the Time Lords are identified.......

Just Started on the 3rd Doctor, glad the episodes are in color, and the pace of the episodes is a bit more quick..... I really like Pertwee, but I've only seen the first 2 episodes of the first serial...

From what I hear the universal favorite seems to be the 4th Doctor, cant wait to get to his episodes......

I need a favor, I am going through the series as a whole and watching a handful of stories from each Doctor, as it would take me forever to watch every single story. I try to at least watch every first and last story from each season, but I realize I might miss a really good one...... Is there a good reference of the Stories I need to watch when going through the run of Doctor Who, like the 50 best stories.... etc. I've already seen all of the episodes of Doctor who since it's revival, but in the original run... what are the stories I "Have to Watch"

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 13 2010, 12:17 PM)
Pertwee and Tom Baker were the best....haven't really had a lot of time for it since Baker left.

Exactly right!

I remember Patrick Troughton too but Pertwee and Baker were the main men.

When Baker quit we had procession of joke Doctors like Peter Davidson, who acted more like a doltish assistant, Colin Baker who tried desperately to act in an eccentric manner and just came across as an overacting idiot, and sylvester McCoy former mime artist/weirdo from kid's TV show Vision On, and about as suitable for the role as the Doctor as Boy George would be for the role of a macho, womanising, speed metal vocalist. No wonder it got cancelled for about 15 years...

QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 10 2010, 01:20 AM)
Just Started on the 3rd Doctor, glad the episodes are in color, and the pace of the episodes is a bit more quick..... I really like Pertwee, but I've only seen the first 2 episodes of the first serial...

From what I hear the universal favorite seems to be the 4th Doctor, cant wait to get to his episodes......

I need a favor, I am going through the series as a whole and watching a handful of stories from each Doctor, as it would take me forever to watch every single story. I try to at least watch every first and last story from each season, but I realize I might miss a really good one...... Is there a good reference of the Stories I need to watch when going through the run of Doctor Who, like the 50 best stories.... etc. I've already seen all of the episodes of Doctor who since it's revival, but in the original run... what are the stories I "Have to Watch"

As far as Tom Baker goes, I would definitely start with episodes like "Pyramids of Mars" "State of Decay" "City of Death" "Horrors of Fang Rock" or "The Brain of Morbius." Of course, after seeing those, you'll be so hooked that you'll end up watching all of them anyway. laugh.gif Btw, you said you're watching all the Doctors. Did you purchase some kind of megaset? trink39.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Dec 10 2010, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 10 2010, 01:20 AM)
Just Started on the 3rd Doctor, glad the episodes are in color, and the pace of the episodes is a bit more quick.....  I really like Pertwee, but I've only seen the first 2 episodes of the first serial... 

I need a favor, I am going through the series as a whole and watching a handful of stories from each Doctor, as it would take me forever to watch every single story.  I try to at least watch every first and last story from each season, but I realize I might miss a really good one...... Is there a good reference of the Stories I need to watch when going through the run of Doctor Who, like the 50 best stories.... etc.    I've already seen all of the episodes of Doctor who since it's revival, but in the original run... what are the stories I "Have to Watch"

As far as Tom Baker goes, I would definitely start with episodes like "Pyramids of Mars" "State of Decay" "City of Death" "Horrors of Fang Rock" or "The Brain of Morbius." Of course, after seeing those, you'll be so hooked that you'll end up watching all of them anyway. laugh.gif Btw, you said you're watching all the Doctors. Did you purchase some kind of megaset? trink39.gif

Nah, you can find most of them online........ There's alot of full stories on Youtube, and the ones I can't find there I watch on Dailymotion.com

The Christmas Special was really good, but really cheesy at the same time..

I loved the take on Dicken's Christmas Carol, and the story was VERY well written.....

............ aside from the floating fish/shark thing...... WTF was that?

I will say that Matt Smith is doing a great job cementing himself as the Doctor.... which is still hard to do after Tennant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the old episodes go, I am to "The Time Monster" right now..... Roger Delgato is great as The Master..

But I have not had time to watch any Who since before Christmas (aside from the Xmas special) but I will start up again very soon.