The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

...and lastly, Matt Smith

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/My%20Art/11thDoctor.jpg

Hope you liked 'em all

(the rest are on the previous page, if you missed them)

Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Oct 24 2011, 08:32 AM)
Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/My%20Art/3rdDoctor.jpghttp://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/My%20Art/4thDoctor.jpg

Great job, Lion! trink39.gif No reason to explain why I picked to highlight these two, I trust? wink.gif

Cheers, blackhawk smile.gif trink39.gif

Now I've done them, I was planning to do some Monty Python ones, too.

Edited by Your_Lion

Those are great!!! cheer.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Oct 25 2011, 01:32 AM)
Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/My%20Art/3rdDoctor.jpghttp://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/My%20Art/4thDoctor.jpg

Excellent work...all of them really cool.gif

Been having a Doctor Who marathon over the last few nights with a couple of friends. Watching one story from each Doctor (or a two parter in the case of the new 3, so that they're all approx. the length of a regular old 4-parter). Also trying to fit in a Dalek, Cyberman and Master story in the mix

So far we've had:

1st- The Time Meddler

2nd- The Tomb of the Cybermen

3rd- Terror of the Autons

4th- Pyramids of Mars

5th- Kinda

6th- Revelation of the Daleks

7th- Battlefield

8th- The Movie

and Tonight we're going to fit in:

9th- The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

10th- Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead

11th- The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone

whew

The U.N.I.T Files Boxset is out on Monday (a double pack of Jon Pertwee's Invasion of the Dinosaurs and Tom Baker's Android Invasion.)

Pre-ordered mine. There's a chance it might turn up today.

Next Monday the latest Christmas episode is released, and the Monday after that is William Hartnell's The Sensorites.

That's quite a lot in the space of a few weeks.

Also, in March we get The Face of Evil and The Daemons.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jan 7 2012, 05:14 AM)
The U.N.I.T Files Boxset is out on Monday (a double pack of Jon Pertwee's Invasion of the Dinosaurs and Tom Baker's Android Invasion.)

Next Monday the latest Christmas episode is released, and the Monday after that is William Hartnell's The Sensorites.

Just finished watching "The Android Invasion." It's been about 30 years since I've seen this episode. I was never a big fan of Doctor Who earth stories. This one has quite a lot of holes in it but the charm of Tom Baker and Liz Sladen is inescapeble and makes up for all its faults. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jan 11 2012, 07:30 PM)

Just finished watching "The Android Invasion." It's been about 30 years since I've seen this episode. I was never a big fan of Doctor Who earth stories. This one has quite a lot of holes in it but the charm of Tom Baker and Liz Sladen is inescapeble and makes up for all its faults. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Liz was certainly a force to be reckoned with, agreed. There are a few more TB's I wanna pick up this year, The Android Invasion being one of 'em.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 12 2012, 01:54 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jan 11 2012, 07:30 PM)

Liz was certainly a force to be reckoned with, agreed. There are a few more TB's I wanna pick up this year, The Android Invasion being one of 'em.

Don't bother with the commentary, though. It's a real schla03.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jan 12 2012, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 12 2012, 02:38 AM)
Ok, I'm finally cracking and deciding to get into this. Where exactly should a newbie to DW start off?

Tom Baker. 1022.gif

Yeah, if you're talking classic Who, then Tom Baker is still the definitive Doctor.

Stories like City of Death, Seeds of Doom and Talons of Weng-Chiang are among my personal favourites.

Jon Pertwee stories, like Time Warrior, Sea Devils and Inferno are also worth checking out.

For a first time viewer, I'd probably avoid Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy for now (personally, I love them too, but many don't)

If you can look past the shoe-string budget, there's a whole lot to enjoy

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Feb 9 2012, 02:51 PM)
laugh.gif Check out Thin Lizzy playing the Doctor Who theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loasGg6y__E

Perfect! trink39.gif The metal cover there is great, too. 1022.gif (With the extended version they didn't have in 1973.)

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Dec 9 2011, 06:10 PM)
"Face of Evil" on March 13th.  drool1.gif

"Nightmare of Eden" - release date...May 8th. common001.gif and that will just about do it as far as Tom Baker goes. Not much hope for "Shada" I'm afraid. I saw it on Youtube again not long ago. The second half had way too much explanations from Tom to keep you interested. It's a shame, really. All they had to do was go back and shoot the spaceship scenes at a later date... eh.gif

Edited by blackhawkrush

Pre-ordered my Face of Evil DVD, which is released here on Monday, then in a fortnight it's The Daemons...now there's a classic.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 1 2012, 10:26 AM)
Pre-ordered my Face of Evil DVD, which is released here on Monday.

I gotta wait a few more weeks for it. Let me know if Tom is doing the commentary. bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 2 2012, 11:32 PM)

I gotta wait a few more weeks for it. Let me know if Tom is doing the commentary. bekloppt.gif

Just got it through the post (I love HMV pre-ordering cool.gif )

I'm afraid there's no Tom on the commentary, though. Just Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe and a bunch of other actors from the story.

There'll be no Tom on Nightmare of Eden either, so that's it as far a Tommentaries go. That one has Lalla Ward instead.

(I still wish they would have tricked them both into the same room for one commentary...that would have been worth a listen laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 3 2012, 05:47 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 2 2012, 11:32 PM)

Just got it through the post (I love HMV pre-ordering cool.gif )

I'm afraid there's no Tom on the commentary, though. Just Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe and a bunch of other actors from the story.

I bought it and watched it today, for the first time after many, many years. Great story, still holds up very well. Excellent camera work, too. Leela's introduction is priceless. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif So sad Tom left us after only 40...er, 41 episodes. sad.gif