The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 16 2012, 04:24 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 3 2012, 05:47 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 2 2012, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 1 2012, 10:26 AM)
Pre-ordered my Face of Evil DVD, which is released here on Monday.

I gotta wait a few more weeks for it. Let me know if Tom is doing the commentary. bekloppt.gif

Just got it through the post (I love HMV pre-ordering cool.gif )

I'm afraid there's no Tom on the commentary, though. Just Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe and a bunch of other actors from the story.

I bought it and watched it today, for the first time after many, many years. Great story, still holds up very well. Excellent camera work, too. Leela's introduction is priceless. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif So sad Tom left us after only 40...er, 41 episodes. sad.gif

Yeah, you're right about the excellent camera work. The alien jungle looks amazing, and I think that's largely to do with the fact that it's shot on film, rather than tape.

I think it's up there with Planet of Evil for 'most convincing alien jungle' look...and most of that was on film too.

It's a great introduction for Leela. "It's true then. They say the Evil One eats babies."

wahoo! Just got The Daemons through the post (out on Monday wink.gif )

Really looking forward to watching this one.

Have vague memories of watching it when I was 6, but haven't seen it since.

"Jenkins...chap with wings, there. Five rounds rapid." laugh.gif

Classic Brigadier line right there.

Just pre-ordered Nightmare of Eden for next week

Then there's only one more complete Tom Baker store to come. Which is kind of sad sad.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 17 2012, 04:11 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 16 2012, 04:24 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 3 2012, 05:47 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 2 2012, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 1 2012, 10:26 AM)
Pre-ordered my Face of Evil DVD, which is released here on Monday.

I gotta wait a few more weeks for it. Let me know if Tom is doing the commentary. bekloppt.gif

Just got it through the post (I love HMV pre-ordering cool.gif )

I'm afraid there's no Tom on the commentary, though. Just Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe and a bunch of other actors from the story.

I bought it and watched it today, for the first time after many, many years. Great story, still holds up very well. Excellent camera work, too. Leela's introduction is priceless. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif So sad Tom left us after only 40...er, 41 episodes. sad.gif

Yeah, you're right about the excellent camera work. The alien jungle looks amazing, and I think that's largely to do with the fact that it's shot on film, rather than tape.

I think it's up there with Planet of Evil for 'most convincing alien jungle' look...and most of that was on film too.

It's a great introduction for Leela. "It's true then. They say the Evil One eats babies."

Much more lively and funnier commentary than the "Android Invasion" had. Still, I think the presence of the moderator in the last few stories is a mistake.

So, the Olympic torch has started it's journey.

Given the events of the story "Fear Her", set in 2012, where the 10th Doctor carries the Olympic torch the last bit of the journey, I think there will be much disappointment if David Tennant doesn't do it in real life...surely they could work something out

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 22 2011, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 22 2011, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 22 2011, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 22 2011, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 22 2011, 10:12 AM)
Don't mind me...I'm just testing out the new Doctor Who Gif I made for my signature

I'll be impressed if anyone can guess what stories they were all taken from...

Love that sig! trink39.gif Love the question! trink39.gif Let me think...

Thanks new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It took me a while to put it together. Glad you like it.

Now, get thinking laugh.gif

Tom Baker-City of Death? unsure.gif

yes.gif applaudit.gif One of my all-time favourites

I've got another for you. William Hartnell - The time meddler. Part 1. The watcher. smile.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ May 27 2012, 04:34 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 22 2011, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 22 2011, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 22 2011, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 22 2011, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 22 2011, 10:12 AM)
Don't mind me...I'm just testing out the new Doctor Who Gif I made for my signature

I'll be impressed if anyone can guess what stories they were all taken from...

Love that sig! trink39.gif Love the question! trink39.gif Let me think...

Thanks new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It took me a while to put it together. Glad you like it.

Now, get thinking laugh.gif

Tom Baker-City of Death? unsure.gif

yes.gif applaudit.gif One of my all-time favourites

I've got another for you. William Hartnell - The time meddler. Part 1. The watcher. smile.gif

trink39.gif Yep, you got it.

Just finished watching 'Allo 'Allo again and I realized that Guy Siner played an over the top role in "Genesis of the Daleks." Silly me for not noticing it before. pokey.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ May 30 2012, 03:06 PM)
Just finished watching 'Allo 'Allo again and I realized that Guy Siner played an over the top role in "Genesis of the Daleks." Silly me for not noticing it before.  pokey.gif

OTT but I find that comedy so silly it *aint* funny ..no offense BHR smile.gif

BTW, still have a few TB's to go but taking a rest from buying up for the time being trink38.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ May 31 2012, 05:17 AM)
I was watching some old William Hartnell episodes lately and I noticed that Susan (Carole Ann Ford) resembles the girl in a Star Trek episode "Whom Gods Destroy." Turns out her name is Yvonne Craig. I was positive it was the same actress, right down to the body movements... wacko.gif

Yvonne Craig, as in Batgirl from the old Adam West series wub.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ May 31 2012, 04:08 AM)
I was watching some old William Hartnell episodes lately and I noticed that Susan (Carole Ann Ford) resembles the girl in a Star Trek episode "Whom Gods Destroy." Turns out her name is Yvonne Craig. I was positive it was the same actress, right down to the body movements... wacko.gif

And let's not forget Tom Baker as Captain Rum in Blackadder. 1287.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 1 2012, 02:00 AM)

of course laugh.gif

"You have a woman's hand, milord! I'll wager these dainty pinkies never weighed anchor in a storm."

"Your skin milord. I'll wager it ne'er felt the lash of a cat, been rubbed with salt, and then flayed off by a pirate chief to make fine stockings for his best cabin boy."

"Ha. -Aah! You have a woman's purse! I'll wager that purse has never been used as a rowing-boat. I'll wager it's never had sixteen shipwrecked mariners tossing in it."

"Oh! You have a woman's mouth, milord! I'll wager that mouth never had to chew through the side of a ship to escape the dreadful spindly killer fish. "

classic z7shysterical.gif

Just watched "The Gunfighters" again. Great stuff but it always makes me laugh to hear Englishmen doing american accents. Trouble with the R's, don't you know. wink.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 8 2012, 04:10 AM)
Just watched "The Gunfighters" again. Great stuff but it always makes me laugh to hear Englishmen doing american accents. Trouble with the R's, don't you know. wink.gif

Yeah, even to my non-American ears, those accents were pretty bad. laugh.gif With the exception of Shane Rimmer as Seth Harper...but, then again, he's Canadian.

I really like Doc. Holiday, though...I think he's really funny in this.

This story often gets a lot of hate, but I love it. William Hartnell seems to be having a lot of fun in this story, and reveling in the chance to do a bit of comedy (just like he did in the Romans)

Did you know that Johnny Ringo was originally going to be played by Patrick Troughton, but at the last minute he couldn't do it.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 1 2012, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 1 2012, 02:00 AM)

of course laugh.gif

"You have a woman's hand, milord! I'll wager these dainty pinkies never weighed anchor in a storm."

"Your skin milord. I'll wager it ne'er felt the lash of a cat, been rubbed with salt, and then flayed off by a pirate chief to make fine stockings for his best cabin boy."

"Ha. -Aah! You have a woman's purse! I'll wager that purse has never been used as a rowing-boat. I'll wager it's never had sixteen shipwrecked mariners tossing in it."

"Oh! You have a woman's mouth, milord! I'll wager that mouth never had to chew through the side of a ship to escape the dreadful spindly killer fish. "

classic z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2012, 03:21 PM)
I'll say one thing. Ben was right. Polly is a bird. drool1.gif

You know it yes.gif

It's too bad that so few of Ben and Polly's stories exist anymore

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 9 2012, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2012, 03:21 PM)
I'll say one thing. Ben was right. Polly is a bird.  drool1.gif

You know it yes.gif

It's too bad that so few of Ben and Polly's stories exist anymore

I'll never understand that. How do you destroy shows from only a decade ago? fing.gif

Just pre-ordered the Death to the Daleks DVD, with Jon Pertwee. Out next monday.