Star Trek

progrush2112

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Nov 29 2010, 08:55 AM)
I've only recently watched the Reboot and I have to say I loved it! Great pace, charismatic actors... Nimoy as a plot device is a little too much and tends to steal away the movie, but otherwise is a funny flick.

Interesting you say that. I may not have gotten so into ST09 if not for the fact that Leonard Nimoy did have a part in it. =P But I doubt we'll see him in the 2012 film...

Another 'Trek update for you all.. According to Trekmovie.com, it's NOT confirmed yet if JJ Abrams will direct the new movie. What do you guys think? Bring Abrams and his lens flares and shaky cameras.. but also his artistic expertise... back to Star Trek, or are you wanting a different director?

I thought the lens flares were annoying as heck but the '09 film really was beautiful.

Here's another interesting read regarding the sequel...

Haha! Yeah, no, no crossovers, please. But honestly, I can't wait. Bob Orci needs to come on TM more often again. D:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this preachiness I keep hearing about? The philosophy is the most important thing about the franchise, and should be taken to heart, being the best model for humanity to follow. It was definitely present in the new movie through the actions of the characters, even if it wasn't full out voiced and explained. It didn't have to be.

Now: Yes, Trek is the shit. Old and new alike.

One more thing (I laugh randomly thinking about this frequently):

I's not retarded, as the title of the video may make it out to be, it's brilliantly edited and one of the funniest things I've ever seen, especially as a Trek fan.

Been a Trek fan since TNG, that was my favorite series, but the Reboot is outstanding

I hope Abrams Takes it again,

My fav character is Scotty, i hope they incorporate him a little more in the next movie.

Although the Bones Spock Kirk trio always intrigued me, so maybe they should explore that relationship some more

My favourites in order (yes I've seen them all in their entirety):

Series:

1. Deep Space Nine

2. The Next Generation

3. Voyager

4. Enterprise

5. TOS

Movies:

1. Star Trek

2. First Contact

3. The Undiscovered Country

4. The Voyage Home

5. The Wrath of Khan

6. Generations

7. The Search for Spok

8. The Motion Picture

9. The Final Frontier

10. Nemesis

11. Insurrection

I got into Star Trek when the 11th movie came out in theaters. I saw the trailers before hand and they blew away any preconceptions I once had about the series. After seeing the movie, I eventually proceeded to tracking down and watching every series and movie (which I've done 2 times for some series and even more for DS9 and a few of the movies). I finished my watching the last episode of Enterprise (I was going in order) early on in the summer. I love the show and I've even read a few of the novels for TNG and DS9 (all of which I thought to be sub-par, as the characters seemed to be out of character).

Live long and prosper, follow Trekkers!

Ka'Plah!

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 11 2011, 09:21 PM)
ROFLMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2l38DoqsQ...player_embedded

I've seen the episode with (possessed? lol) Kirk acting.. very.. strangely.

Amazing use of video editing. I love how there wasn't a word of dialogue. xD Thanks for sharing! Got a kick out of that.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 11 2011, 10:54 PM)
ROFLMAO!

Amazing use of video editing. I love how there wasn't a word of dialogue. xD Thanks for sharing! Got a kick out of that.

There's just one flaw with it: The ending where Spok deletes the file is using the LCARS database menu. This wasn't invented until roughly the time that Star Trek Generations opening scene takes place.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 11 2011, 10:04 PM)
ROFLMAO!

There's just one flaw with it: The ending where Spok deletes the file is using the LCARS database menu. This wasn't invented until roughly the time that Star Trek Generations opening scene takes place.

Lol, read the poster's comment!

He/she (not sure) said that was done intentionally as a joke.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 12 2011, 01:53 AM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 11 2011, 10:04 PM)
ROFLMAO!

Lol, read the poster's comment!

He/she (not sure) said that was done intentionally as a joke.

LOL I don't normally read descriptions unless I need context for the video.

His house reminds me of Star Trek: The Experience. Too bad the place closed down before I actually got into the series, I would love to go to Vegas to see it (and the Grand Canyon too, but only if there's time). tongue.gif

So what are you guys hoping for in Stat Trek XII? Common speculation is hinting at Klingons, Khan and Borg.

Personally, I think they'd need to do an equally amazing job with Khan as they did with the rest of the cast to even come close to be able to pull it off (don't forget that STII had the backstory of an entire episode to drive it). I guess they could do an extended/alternate version of the episode but I think that it would be difficult to live up to both the legacy set by STXI AND Khan simultaneously.

I think borg would just be plain rediculous. The borg are still in the delta quadrant at this point. Nero only affected the lives in the alpha quadrant. So unless one of the ships he attacked during his 30 years waiting for spok caused someone to just randomly decide to get out of the Quadrant, it's just too unlikely. IMO bringing Q in would work to introduce the borg, it could be cool, but it just doesn't work in my mind. IMO, ToS + Q just doesn't fit.

In all honesty, I really want to see a Klingon driven storyline. There could be a combination of the Klingons that were infected with the augment virus (ToS Klingons) and the standard (or newly revamped) Klingons. That would be amazing. Especially since we only got a glimpse of what Klingon birds of prey would look like in the first movie.

It would be a gigantic mistake for the producers of Star Trek to remake The Wrath Of Khan. It would make them look like they are just money-hungry and lacking in new ideas. MAJOR FAIL. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

As the most recent film was an excellent restart of the series, the best course of action would be to continue with new adventures. A conflict with the Klingons would be good. Unfortunately, the previous films never had any epic battle scenes with the Klingons....no major battles with the BIG Klingon ships (not the puny Birds of Prey).

A side plot featuring Kirk's love interest, Carol Marcus, would be cool, IMO. If there are to be several more films, the relationship between Kirk and Marcus (and their son, David) could be expanded. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 6 2011, 09:10 PM)
It would be a gigantic mistake for the producers of Star Trek to remake The Wrath Of Khan. It would make them look like they are just money-hungry and lacking in new ideas. MAJOR FAIL. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

You have to remember that the spirit behind the reboot is to tell new stories with the Original Series characters. So, they wouldn't be remaking The Wrath of Kahn, only telling a new Kahn story.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 6 2011, 08:25 PM)
So, they wouldn't be remaking The Wrath of Khan, only telling a new Khan story.

I don't see how they could do that. The Enterprise came across the Botany Bay, awakened Khan and his crew, and then Khan immediately tried to take the ship. What other story is there to tell?

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 6 2011, 10:22 PM)

I don't see how they could do that. The Enterprise came across the Botany Bay, awakened Khan and his crew, and then Khan immediately tried to take the ship. What other story is there to tell?

Everything has changed! Maybe the come across Kahn sooner or later then the originally did or may Kahn threatens the Vulcans that survived? The possibilities are endless!!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 6 2011, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 6 2011, 10:22 PM)

Everything has changed! Maybe the come across Khan sooner or later then the originally did or may Khan threatens the Vulcans that survived? The possibilities are endless!!

Yes, the possibilities are endless, which is why the producers of Star Trek will not be regurgitating a Khan story.

The whole point of the Star Trek reboot was to open up the entire film series to new adventures - not repeats. The characters' destinies were changed, their futures rewritten. There is no reason to copy one of the older films.

If the producers redo a Khan film, then what's after that - more whales? Another Search for Spock? They can do better..... yes.gif