Despicable Me

Presto-digitation

Yes. It's a nice little film, it's very funny and charming. My son and I took in a matinee and left in very good spirits.

The main character can very well become a classic. Strong family message with some very poignant moments.

Thumbs up!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 12 2010, 08:59 AM)
Yes. It's a nice little film, it's very funny and charming. My son and I took in a matinee and left in very good spirits.

The main character can very well become a classic. Strong family message with some very poignant moments.

Thumbs up!

Good to hear.....I was wondering whether I could take him to see this or not.

Thanks, Presto! I've yet to see one of the latest rash of 3D films at the theaters and have been wanting to catch one. Might just make this one my first!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 12 2010, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 12 2010, 08:59 AM)
Yes.  It's a nice little film, it's very funny and charming.  My son and I took in a matinee and left in very good spirits.

The main character can very well become a classic.  Strong family message with some very poignant moments.

Thumbs up!

Good to hear.....I was wondering whether I could take him to see this or not.

Definitely kid friendly without being dumbed down for kids.

Best animated movie I've seen in a long, long time.

There wasn't a moment I was bored, and I even shed a tear or two.

(I'm an emotional sap, you know.)

Very very very adorable, and a few laugh out loud moments. smile.gif

You guys must have seen a different version than I. Same old "use cute facial expressions" and "obligatory disco dance scene" crap that we've been shoveled over the last ten years or so. To even compare this piece of mediocre, tepid backwash to anything Pixar has done is a complete travesty.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 21 2010, 01:52 AM)
You guys must have seen a different version than I. Same old "use cute facial expressions" and "obligatory disco dance scene" crap that we've been shoveled over the last ten years or so. To even compare this piece of mediocre, tepid backwash to anything Pixar has done is a complete travesty.

You mean, this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/pixar_vs_dw.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 20 2010, 11:08 PM)

You mean, this?

laugh.gif

My girls saw this flick and they loved it.

Then again the are only 13 and 9.

Our 13 year old has seen Rush twice now in here young life and she hates them.

Skylar our 9 year old saw Rush for the first time in New Mexico and loved it.

I'd rather watch "40 Year Old Virgin" than this movie.

Signed,

Star Wars geek

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 21 2010, 12:08 AM)

You mean, this?

Exactly

Edited by pedro2112

I will say that some of the things I thought were the funniest were contingent on my being a father of 2. Whoever wrote it has to have kids to have put some of the jokes/lines in there. I have gotten to the point that I am focusing on the story and not the expressions of the characters, etc... amazing technology and crap story does nothing for me. this would have beeng reat as stick figures.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 21 2010, 04:57 PM)

I will say that some of the things I thought were the funniest were contingent on my being a father of 2. Whoever wrote it has to have kids to have put some of the jokes/lines in there. I have gotten to the point that I am focusing on the story and not the expressions of the characters, etc... amazing technology and crap story does nothing for me. this would have beeng reat as stick figures.

I'm a father of two, also. There was no story, just a bunch of cute pop culture references and "adorable" quips.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 21 2010, 12:52 AM)

It was a fun film. I don't take my cartoons as seriously as you I suppose. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 22 2010, 07:52 AM)

It was a fun film. I don't take my cartoons as seriously as you I suppose. tongue.gif

Yeah, the movie was fleshed out a bit, but I don't hold that against it. Overall, I found the story very sincere and family oriented. I found the bedtime story scene very touching. Is it a masterpiece. No. Is it innovative and groundbreaking? No. Is it entertaining and worthwhile? Definitely.

It was a fun film. I don't take my cartoons as seriously as you I suppose. tongue.gif For the record, Toy Story is also one long-running pop culture and product placement reference. I love that film (all of them, actually), but don't pretend it was any less gimmicky or intentional on that level than Despicable Me.

I can't see how anyone could find a cartoon like that so utterly horrendous. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 22 2010, 05:56 AM)

It was a fun film. I don't take my cartoons as seriously as you I suppose. tongue.gif For the record, Toy Story is also one long-running pop culture and product placement reference. I love that film (all of them, actually), but don't pretend it was any less gimmicky or intentional on that level than Despicable Me.

I can't see how anyone could find a cartoon like that so utterly horrendous. rofl3.gif

Some of us have a brain.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 22 2010, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 22 2010, 05:56 AM)

Some of us have a brain.

tongue.gif

Some people think they need one during a cartoon too. rofl3.gif Never seen a Pixar film that reminded me of Citizen Kane. I go to see a cartoon like this (and I don't go to many animated films honestly) for the same reason people see action films...for the fun of it. I've not come away from one Pixar film feeling intellectually provoked or challenged. Moved sometimes, yes....as I'm an old softie. But it's not high brow entertainment these films.