Chris Langone's Explanation

chrislangone

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 14 2010, 02:00 PM)

Personally, I'm surprised at the # of people who disagree with the lawsuit.  I would have thought more folks would be applauding Chris's efforts.

I feel the opposite trink39.gif

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll leave it with my number one question, which is (and indulge me if its been answered), why did you not wait and give Rush a reasonable opportunity to reschedule the date before you embarked on your litigious crusade?

Well, and if I could have a follow up, it would be what is the current status of your legal action?

Runner up 2nd was, why must you involve Rush with your beer and hotel decisions.

comp26.gif

My opinion of Chris has certainly changed since I read the original story. I wish him well.

The only thing I find curious about it all is this:

For Vapor Trails, Rush played Sao Paulo (I believe that was the city) in a driving rain storm. Neil's MalletKat and other electronics were fried, yet the show went on as scheduled. (Not sure about lightening in the area for that night)

I wonder why that one was not rescheduled? Let's see...45,000-60,000 fans already paid in a venue they were not going to be able to get back to. Show must go on at that point.

Lightening would have an impact I am sure...but....equipment was shorted out for Sao Paulo and the show went on as scheduled.

I am all for safety for the band and crew...and fans first. But, I think Chris may hae a leg to stand on here.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 14 2010, 06:13 PM)
You mean to tell me a million dollar band like Rush dosen't have back-up equiptment?? 

rofl3.gif Yeah... "Don't worry about the 3 inches of rain on the stage, boys. We've got plenty of those custom guitar pedal boards, synthesizers and plastic limbs in the back of the truck just in case. I'll just yank out whatever we need to replace right on the fly and operate after electrocution with our in-house surgeon / stage technician. No sweat. Let's rock this place!"

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (djtess @ Jul 14 2010, 06:07 PM)
Good Luck Chris!!!  Rain or Shine means "Rain or Shine", and don't give me that BS that a piece of equiptment was blown.  You mean to tell me a million dollar band like Rush dosen't have back-up equiptment?? 

Frivorlous lawsuits should always be called-out, however, this is not one of them.

Hell yeah it is frivolous.

Hack Lawyers and their clients want to misuse the legal system to make life 'fair' and account for every disappointment. It sucks the show was cancelled. It really does. But tying up the courts with this nonsense is the very definition of frivolous.

Chris:

Re-list your seats on stub-hub and stop making the legal system and lawyers look like a joke.

BTW -- Issuing a press releasing was a dead giveaway -- you want attention, and you want some more clients to join the suit. And posting on multiple RUSH forums to further troll for clients...

I'd advise RUSH not to set a dangerous precedent by giving free tix or signed photos. Circle the wagons and fight. Counter-sue chris for your legal fees.

Edited by hazlnut

QUOTE (grimachi @ Jul 14 2010, 06:40 PM)
My opinion of Chris has certainly changed since I read the original story. I wish him well.

For Vapor Trails, Rush played Sao Paulo (I believe that was the city) in a driving rain storm. Neil's MalletKat and other electronics were fried, yet the show went on as scheduled. (Not sure about lightening in the area for that night)

I wonder why that one was not rescheduled? Let's see...45,000-60,000 fans already paid in a venue they were not going to be able to get back to. Show must go on at that point.

Lightening would have an impact I am sure...but....equipment was shorted out for Sao Paulo and the show went on as scheduled.

I am all for safety for the band and crew...and fans first. But, I think Chris may hae a leg to stand on here.

It's completely unreasonable imho to state that it's a universal truth that "the show can go on if the show must go on" based on one instance where the rain stopped in time to clean up and fix everything in the nick of time to make it happen in Brazil. The boys got very lucky that day, and assuming the risk in that particular case panned out. Rest assured the decision to call-off that night in Chicago was not a decision made lightly or frivolous in nature, much unlike this pending lawsuit.

I'd be curious how many people, if any, signed on for the class-action lawsuit, and if those people removed themselves once the concert was rescheduled.

Was all this really worth it for all the emotional hassle it must have caused you?

And finally, did you really expect everyone was going to be totally cool with this and that you wouldn't get a hard time from a lot of fellow Rush fans when you sued them?

Why are you mentioning TicketsNow?

They are not party to the issue as it involves you in any way, shape or form.

Fact remains that neither LiveNation, TicketMaster nor RUSH authorized StubHub to act as an agent on any of their behalf in this matter. So please, stick to the pertinent facts. The TicketsNow.com policy has zero bearing on this matter at all.

That being said, your only relief can come from StubHub since that is the body you entered into an agreement with. Neither LiveNation nor TicketMaster ever agreed to enter into a contract with you thus any claim against either body will be dismissed quickly.

I agree that they should remedy this by refunding the purchase price of the tickets. However, beyond that there is no relief owed by any party.

I do hope you focus your energy where it belongs, StubHub and get your money back for the ticket price and enjoy the memory of your trip to Chicago to visit your friends.

@snakeman: As the putative class representative I am seeking to have the court order that anyone who wants a refund gets one, regardless of point of purchase. So the contract involving Ticketsnow is potentially relevant. Also think its a better example of (at a minimum) at least being clear about the disclosure of alleged contract terms (independent of whether they are fair, unconscionable, or enforceable).

Stub Hub's alleged contract/disclosure is similar in all material respects as to the refund for re-scheduling aspect but not as specific as in defining things like "acts of God". Stub hub contract does not mention "acts of god" as regards claimed refund on account of rescheduling.

Edited by chrislangone

@tupelobarchetta: not so much misquoted but perhaps misunderstood. She specifically asked me about how much I spent getting there, etc. I noted that I flew in from NY to see the show, which I did. I had some other business that I specifically scheduled around the RUSH show, so I would have come to Chicago anyway, which is why I am not claiming airfare. But as putative class representative I have a duty to seek others' travel expenses to the extend they want to claim them -- for instance people that paid gas, parking, taxi to come to the show in explicit reliance on the "rain or shine" representation. So the lawsuit generically claims "travel expenses" to cover the latter on behalf of potential class members, but not specifically for me. If the court allows class members to submit claim forms, as I hope, I am trying to protect their rights to collect reasonable travel expenses, but I myself am not claiming that based on my personal circumstance. It's technical, I know, and I think the article left a misleading impression, although I am not accusing the Sun Times reporter (forget her name) of intentionally doing so. To the extent "out of context" implied the contrary that was not meant - hope this clarifies... Edited by chrislangone

QUOTE (chrislangone @ Jul 14 2010, 09:28 PM)
@tupelobarchetta: not so much misquoted but perhaps misunderstood. She specifically asked me about how much I spent getting there, etc. I noted that I flew in from NY to see the show, which I did. I had some other business that I specifically scheduled around the RUSH show, so I would have come to Chicago anyway, which is why I am not claiming airfare. But as putative class representative I have a duty to seek others' travel expenses to the extend they want to claim them -- for instance people that paid gas, parking, taxi to come to the show in explicit reliance on the "rain or shine" representation. So the lawsuit generically claims "travel expenses" to cover the latter on behalf of potential class members, but not specifically for me. If the court allows class members to submit claim forms, as I hope, I am trying to protect their rights to collect reasonable travel expenses, but I myself am not claiming that based on my personal circumstance. It's technical, I know, and I think the article left a misleading impression, although I am not accusing the Sun Times reporter (forget her name) of intentionally doing so. To the extent "out of context" implied the contrary that was not meant - hope this clarifies...

Is this the reason you are also suing for "Out-of-pocket" expenses but also claim you are not seeking reimbursement for things such as the beers you bought? It seems that that has been a point of controversy in this thread as well, and this seemed to clear that up if I am understanding correctly.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 14 2010, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (grimachi @ Jul 14 2010, 06:40 PM)

It's completely unreasonable imho to state that it's a universal truth that "the show can go on if the show must go on" based on one instance where the rain stopped in time to clean up and fix everything in the nick of time to make it happen in Brazil. The boys got very lucky that day, and assuming the risk in that particular case panned out. Rest assured the decision to call-off that night in Chicago was not a decision made lightly or frivolous in nature, much unlike this pending lawsuit.

I do not believe we are thinking of the same show. Yeah, it stopped in time for the boys to play and even record Rush in Rio. They did talk about the weather clearing just in time for them to play and still take a chance on recording it with no sound checks, video checks, etc.

I am speaking of the show previous to that...one of the other shows down in South America. They spoke vividly of the elements they had to brave that night and Neil talked about how he was thinking through his solo and other songs while he was performing other pieces because certain electronics were not available due to malfunctioning because of the weather.

I do not want it to come across as me blaming Rush, but I do think that sometimes business decisions are made. They almost certainly would not be heading back to South America for a one-off show. Too damn expensive. Refunding 45-60K tix for a canceled show would have been quite a hit, too.

"the show must go on" might have been a poor choice of words.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 15 2010, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 15 2010, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 15 2010, 01:56 PM)
This thread will not be moved to SOCN. If people are purposely hijacking this thread with political content to try to get it moved or closed, they will be unsuccessful. This thread is staying here, and it's staying open.

The only action that might be taken is to split off any off-topic posts into a separate thread, leaving this one on-topic. And open.

Thanks, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, and thanks for taking the time to moderate. wink.gif

Administrate me, moderate me music.gif

Bravo... applaudit.gif

I do have one question, and I'm not sure if this has been addressed, so please forgive my ignorance; What advantage is there in purchasing tickets from a broker such as StubHub? Seeme like our friend Chris could have avoided this whole mess if he had gone straight to TM... confused13.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 15 2010, 03:50 PM)
here's the gist:

guy sues
explains himself
some think it's great
others think it sucks
concert rescheduled
most think that's that
guy comes back
defends himself, still suing
some think it's still great
others think it sucks more
people insult each other
people get political
mods/admins jump in
more boring posts like this one

That's about it! tongue.gif

Chris,

With the show rescheduled, I really don't understand why you are still suing. confused13.gif I'm sure you can sell your tickets on StubHub for at least what you paid. In fact, you can probably get a premuim as these are the infamous Chris Langone Lawsuit tickets. tongue.gif

But I guess that's not good enough, and you still want compensation for "travel costs to the show, and out of pocket losses" (your original post). confused13.gif

I'd be very interested to know what these costs are, if not airfare and beers as you say. Is it really worth a class action lawsuit at this point? confused13.gif

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jul 15 2010, 03:54 PM)
This thread will not be moved to SOCN. If people are purposely hijacking this thread with political content to try to get it moved or closed, they will be unsuccessful. This thread is staying here, and it's staying open.

The only action that might be taken is to split off any off-topic posts into a separate thread, leaving this one on-topic. And open.

Bravo... applaudit.gif

I do have one question, and I'm not sure if this has been addressed, so please forgive my ignorance; What advantage is there in purchasing tickets from a broker such as StubHub? Seeme like our friend Chris could have avoided this whole mess if he had gone straight to TM... confused13.gif

When tickets sell out really quickly, broker sites are really one of the only options.

Funniest part of the whole thing is he STILL isnt addressing the real issues.

It's typical lawyer distraction bullshit.

We ask a question and his response is "Hey! Look over there!! It's a blimp!"

Chris, I will say this again.

Your purchase agreement is with StubHub.

Not TicketMaster. Not LiveNation. Not RUSH.

StubHub was not hired to be an agent for any of those entities in regards to this matter.

Please tell us what action you have taken in regards to STUBHUB since the announcement of the show being rescheduled.

And please refrain from bringing up TicketsNow.com or any other agency which truly has no bearing on this discussion. TicketsNow.com was never contracted by you or anybody else in regards to your purchase. Their policies have zero bearing on the matter at hand.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jul 15 2010, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jul 15 2010, 03:54 PM)

Bravo... applaudit.gif

When tickets sell out really quickly, broker sites are really one of the only options.

I can see that, but did this show sell out? I waited 'til the first of July to buy my tix, and got some pretty good (not great, but acceptable) mid-priced seats through TM.

Edited by CygXanTor

10 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):

CygXanTor, LiquidSteel, safetygirl2112, chrislangone, PariahDog, spacement

Chris, what is the status of your suit?

9 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

safetygirl2112, Mr. Krinkle, Xanadoood, the masked drummer, deuter, LaFellaStrangiato, PariahDog

Where'd he go? confused13.gif