What happened on July 9th?

jdouglas

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 9 2010, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 9 2010, 12:14 PM)
Rush on the Colbert Report.

It was that long ago? Sheesh!

no kidding. my life is flashing before my eyes.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 9 2010, 12:20 PM)

I find, the older I get, the faster time goes. I'm afraid I'm going to blink, and miss my sixties (when I get there, of course).

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 9 2010, 10:23 AM)

I find, the older I get, the faster time goes. I'm afraid I'm going to blink, and miss my sixties (when I get there, of course).

When I was 10 years old and had only experienced 10 years of life, one year seemed like an eternity. I always noticed the older i got, the faster time seemed to go by.

Now at 48, it's frightening how fast the years seem to be zipping by.

Time Stand Still damnit!

old.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 9 2010, 12:23 PM)

Yup. 46, this month for me. 46! What? Wasn't I a Senior in High School just 10 years ago...not 30?? sad.gif Good grief!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 9 2010, 01:18 PM)

no.gif July 9th, 2008 was the date of the Toronto Rush show on the Snakes tour, 2nd leg. It couldn't be the night of the Colbert Report since I was at the concert, and I do remember sitting at home watching Colbert when that show aired.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 9 2010, 04:33 PM)

no.gif July 9th, 2008 was the date of the Toronto Rush show on the Snakes tour, 2nd leg. It couldn't be the night of the Colbert Report since I was at the concert, and I do remember sitting at home watching Colbert when that show aired.

Huh. After further research, it would appear you are correct. According to The Colbert Report website, Rush appeared exactly one week later, on July 16th, 2008. I could swear I remember talk at the time of how that event ccaused the setting of the record number of users on at once. Now I'm very confused. Can't think of any other reason for so many to be online at once.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 9 2010, 05:48 PM)

Huh. After further research, it would appear you are correct. According to The Colbert Report website, Rush appeared exactly one week later, on July 16th, 2008. I could swear I remember talk at the time of how that event ccaused the setting of the record number of users on at once. Now I'm very confused. Can't think of any other reason for so many to be online at once.

Correct. Just looked at my DVR logs...still have it n play it now n then 7/16 was the air date

and as far as blinking n wondering where the hell did time go? Check these two hooligans out

http://i26.tinypic.com/2uf34fa.pnghttp://i32.tinypic.com/2n08q4p.jpg

yeah last time I saw these two they were about 3 feet tall, no more than 45 lbs each and easily carried both when they got restless fidgety and/or ornery. Now they just dance my ass off! laugh.gif

My brother's girls, otherwise known as mah keeedz!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:47 AM)

When I was 10 years old and had only experienced 10 years of life, one year seemed like an eternity. I always noticed the older i got, the faster time seemed to go by.

Time Stand Still damnit!

old.gif

rofl3.gif Zippin' by at 48? old.gif WHOW... Wait till you see how fast they zip at 56.. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport033.gif Keep On Truckin'

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 9 2010, 05:33 PM)

That was a great night wub.gif

Coincidentally, it was the first anniversary of me joining TRF laugh.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 9 2010, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:47 AM)

Time Stand Still damnit!

old.gif

rofl3.gif Zippin' by at 48? old.gif WHOW... Wait till you see how fast they zip at 56.. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport033.gif Keep On Truckin'

laugh.gif

Yeah, this past year went by faster than any other year that I can remember. Of course, turning 50 last month didn't help! old.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 9 2010, 04:48 PM)

Yeah, no Colbert appearance until July 16.

Could it maybe be the Rolling Stone article? The article was in the July 10-24 , 2008 issue, but magazine issues are usually released earlier than the date on the cover.

Or it could be BOTH the Rolling Stone article AND the Colbert Report appearance! Fans knew about both these things on July 9, and increased Rush exposure during that week could've peaked interest in the band.

rofl3.gif Then Tick must be about due for another...

The Colbert appearance was July 16th, because I was at the Jones Beach show on the 14th, flew home to Detroit on the 15th...and while I was waiting in the security line at La Guardia, my friend got a text saying that Rush would be on Colbert the next time. I half (maybe more than half) considered changing my ticket to stay a couple more days.

Archived