Incorrectly air drumming

To the musicians on this forum:

When you are at the concert and some guy is "air drumming", but all it really is is nonsense arm flailing, does it bother you? Same with guitar playing. Does it bother you if someone is randomly moving their fingers in the air? I ask because I plan to air drum/guitar/bass on Tuesday, but I have no idea how to play any of these songs on a real instrument laugh.gif I plan to just randomly play the air instrument.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont know, depends. The other day my bandmate(drummer) was watching me enjoy spirit of the radio and he was like dude your hitting those perfectly! i felt pretty happy considering im a bassist. Listening to a song thousands of times will probably do that to you.

I guess I understand enjoying it more if you are actually doing it right... but come on... really? Is there actually someone out there who is such an extreme snob that they get pissed off by someone not playing an AIR instrument the "right" way? I guess it's likely there is, but I never want to meet that person.

i air drum, and the guy in front of me air drumed the whole show, and most people are accurate, i play drums and play to 2.gif songs all the time, it doesnt bother me at all, but that's just me. i would say you should be fine as long as your not getting in the way of people, singing obnoxiously ( i dont mind singing, but please don't be obnoxious about it) or standing on your chair. have fun!

As long as your not Jason Segal and Paul Rudd and licking each others basses...your fine.

It's all good. Except for that.

Carry on.

Edited by Todem

Flail away, just don't smack me by accident!

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jul 8 2010, 03:24 PM)
I air Taurus Pedal. Kinda hard to spot me in the audience.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:12 PM)
Well I know I'll be air bassing the whole show accurately laugh.gif

I'm watching Rush in Rio for that specific reason 1022.gif and btw nice to see someone else from Connecticut on here smile.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 8 2010, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 8 2010, 03:32 PM)

I'd have to have quite the reach to do that!

Those would be some long damn arms, I agree!

As for playing air instruments - I'd love to see this happen the next time I attend the symphony. Think about it - I love the symphony, but it can be so damn stuffy sometimes. If you had a bunch of people air-bowing on invisible stringed instruments, air-trumpeting, air-fluting, it'd be friggin' hilarious.

Of course now I'm going to think of this next time I go, and I'll end up trying desperately to not laugh mid-performance. b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 8 2010, 03:38 PM)

As for playing air instruments - I'd love to see this happen the next time I attend the symphony. Think about it - I love the symphony, but it can be so damn stuffy sometimes. If you had a bunch of people air-bowing on invisible stringed instruments, air-trumpeting, air-fluting, it'd be friggin' hilarious.

Of course now I'm going to think of this next time I go, and I'll end up trying desperately to not laugh mid-performance. b_sigh.gif

Reminds me of the other day at work. A song came over the PA with a saxophone in it, and a co-worker started air saxing laugh.gif

He even turned to me mid-performance and said, "Playing the air sax!"

I've practiced my air trumpet for TSOR like in the intro video except that's real new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah, I need someone to at least to come CLOSE to look like they know what they're doing..otherwise they shouldn't be doing it.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 8 2010, 03:33 PM)

laugh.gif

Wait we forgot Air Cowbells!!!!!! oops.gif

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 8 2010, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 8 2010, 03:33 PM)

laugh.gif

Wait we forgot Air Cowbells!!!!!! oops.gif

I SUCK at air cowbells. Cannot seem to get it right! I think I will stick to air sound mixing.

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 8 2010, 03:42 PM)

Reminds me of the other day at work. A song came over the PA with a saxophone in it, and a co-worker started air saxing laugh.gif

He even turned to me mid-performance and said, "Playing the air sax!"

Air Sax is my favorite air instrument.

QUOTE (Dax @ Jul 8 2010, 04:04 PM)
Air anything is gay. They play the music, if you want to play along, do so in your own home.

I absolutely HATE when anyone plays along.

Boy do you suck.

Your one of those arms folded guys at the shows aren't ya. laugh.gif