Complaint Department

jgage

First post, so please don't kill me. I have been following the triumphant since Permanent Waves and my first live show was during Signals in 1982. I know alot of you were not alive yet, but that's o.k. I have been to at least 15 Rush shows over the years. Not alot compared to some of you but enough to know what to expect from a Rush show. I was at the show on Saturday in Milwaukee with my 11 y/o son (first Rush concert) and yes there were some technical glitches. I have been playing guitar live with a band for almost 15 years, and if I would have had the same problems Alex was having with his rig that night, I would have thrown my beloved les paul across the stage. Being the professional that Big Al is, he worked his way through it and finished strong. I am not a drummer so I can't comment on Neil's kit or his sound. I do have a few things to say though. I cannot believe the amount of whining going on within this site. "the set list sucks", "why is Geddy singing so high","Neil's drums are out of tune"

Be happy that this band is still blessing us with it's presence after 30+ years. We all know that this is quickly going to come to an end, so lets stop bitching and enjoy the time we still have with the "greatest band in the world". For those of you complaining about Geddy's voice, let's all go together and see some bands from that era play live right now and then we will see who is complaining about his range. How's this for an idea: If you don't like the set list, don't buy a ticket. That will mean more room for me and my son next year when they come back to support Time Machine.

QUOTE (jgage @ Jul 5 2010, 11:24 AM)
First post, so please don't kill me. I have been following the triumphant since Permanent Waves and my first live show was during Signals in 1982. I know alot of you were not alive yet, but that's o.k. I have been to at least 15 Rush shows over the years. Not alot compared to some of you but enough to know what to expect from a Rush show. I was at the show on Saturday in Milwaukee with my 11 y/o son (first Rush concert) and yes there were some technical glitches. I have been playing guitar live with a band for almost 15 years, and if I would have had the same problems Alex was having with his rig that night, I would have thrown my beloved les paul across the stage. Being the professional that Big Al is, he worked his way through it and finished strong. I am not a drummer so I can't comment on Neil's kit or his sound. I do have a few things to say though. I cannot believe the amount of whining going on within this site. "the set list sucks", "why is Geddy singing so high","Neil's drums are out of tune"
Be happy that this band is still blessing us with it's presence after 30+ years. We all know that this is quickly going to come to an end, so lets stop bitching and enjoy the time we still have with the "greatest band in the world". For those of you complaining about Geddy's voice, let's all go together and see some bands from that era play live right now and then we will see who is complaining about his range. How's this for an idea: If you don't like the set list, don't buy a ticket. That will mean more room for me and my son next year when they come back to support Time Machine.

Welcome to TRF! trink39.gif

I remember when a glitch, forgotten word, mistake, out of tune instrument or train wreck were the BEST PART of the show.

"Did you see Neil drop his wood?" AWESOME!! (Whoops that's a quote from the rushchicks forum)

Did Ged forget the words??? Even BETTER!!

Thats why ODD created his site. We all loved the mistakes, errors and mishaps because they were so rare.

Now that they have become more common (or perceived to be) the tone seems to have changed.

Me? I don't care about mistakes or glitches.

But I DO agree that Neils set does need some working on. Concert toms need a comeback.

As does his Solo.

HW

spoken like a true rush fan!

best thread on the www

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 5 2010, 12:33 PM)
Gee, I haven't heard this exact same post a thousand f.u.c.king times before.

jgage, pay this guy no mind. He's one of our resident whiners. Welcome to the board.

And to comment on your post, it's not just about being happy that they're still with us. Unlike so many other veteran bands who are touring off their name just to pad their bank accounts, Rush is still into creating new and relevant music. The two new songs are heavy and ambitious, and a lot of thought went into the Time Machine Tour, both the setlist and the elaborate staging.

If someone doesn't like the latest direction they're taking, that's fine. But you can't accuse the band of mailing it in and half-assing it.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 5 2010, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 5 2010, 12:33 PM)
Gee, I haven't heard this exact same post a thousand f.u.c.king times before.

jgage, pay this guy no mind. He's one of our resident whiners. Welcome to the board.

And to comment on your post, it's not just about being happy that they're still with us. Unlike so many other veteran bands who are touring off their name just to pad their bank accounts, Rush is still into creating new and relevant music. The two new songs are heavy and ambitious, and a lot of thought went into the Time Machine Tour, both the setlist and the elaborate staging.

If someone doesn't like the latest direction they're taking, that's fine. But you can't accuse the band of mailing it in and half-assing it.

goodpost.gif

I'm not a whiner. I just know what I like.

And I like Whining! I should have been born in a Winery! But then I wouldn't have nothing to whine about!

Geez! just whine yourself into an epiphany already!

The set list sucks!

Neil dropped a stick!

Geddy is singing too high or low!

Why can't he just stick to a monotone?

Alex is going bald!

Why don't they play "I think I'm going bald?"

The stage is too ellaborate!

Tickets are too expensive!

My seats are too close!

I have tickets to Rush!

ohmy.gif

I have tickets to Rush!

The best band in the world!

After 40 years they are still together and

I have tickets to their show!

OMG I have tickets to 2.gif

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 5 2010, 03:15 PM)
I'm not a whiner. I just know what I like.

And I like Whining! I should have been born in a Winery! But then I wouldn't have nothing to whine about!

Geez! just whine yourself into an epiphany already!

The set list sucks!

Neil dropped a stick!

Geddy is singing too high or low!

Why can't he just stick to a monotone?

Alex is going bald!

Why don't they play "I think I'm going bald?"

The stage is too ellaborate!

Tickets are too expensive!

My seats are too close!

I have tickets to Rush!

ohmy.gif

I have tickets to Rush!

The best band in the world!

After 40 years they are still together and

I have tickets to their show!

OMG I have tickets to 2.gif

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

When have I ever said ANY of those things?

I'm new here too jgage, welcome. Sadly it has become VERY apparent early on that there are some members in here, a small number I believe, who would gripe about their own funeral. I don't think i've ever left a Rush show and could remember the"mistakes", let alone spent time complaining about it. As long as they offer us a chance to see them play I'll be grateful.

i think it would be good for a select few to turn off their computer every so often & get out of the house for awhile.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jul 5 2010, 04:13 PM)
First post, so please don't kill me.  I have been following triumph since  1982.

Big deal....This is a 2.gif forum...welcome to the fun. trink39.gif

What's with misquoting jgage?? confused13.gif

Welcome jgage!

It's easier for whiners and bitchers to express themselves online while in the safety and comfort of their homes.

My theory is most of these people lack the communication or social skills neccesary to engage in a critical discussion face to face.

It's all good though, for usually it provides first rate drama and entertainment that helps break up the minutiae of a work day.

Have fun at TRF!

trink39.gif 2.gif

I cannot believe the amount of whining going on within this site. "the set list sucks", "why is Geddy singing so high","Neil's drums are out of tune"
Be happy that this band is still blessing us with it's presence after 30+ years. We all know that this is quickly going to come to an end, so lets stop bitching and enjoy the time we still have with the "greatest band in the world".

I've never understood all the bitching around here either, but it's nothing new. In fact, it always seems to reach a fever pitch whenever there's any major Rush event: new song, new album, new setlist, new DVD, etc. A lot of newbie whiners seem to come out of the woodwork, and the regular whiners here on TRF really seem to go into overdrive to escalate their complaining and get as much attention as possible. fing.gif

I thought the show was fine. I think the band has never sounded better and Geddy's voice was amazing!

So there were a few glitches, the band marched right on through and I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the bass and drum jam that started Xanadu 'cause Alex's guitar was messed up.

It was also my 15 year old sons first show and I cannot think of a better show to be his first. I think it was their best show ever!

The sound was amazing! I do not know what was different from last year at the Marcus, wut wow!

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 5 2010, 04:21 PM)
Welcome jgage!

It's easier for whiners and bitchers to express themselves online while in the safety and comfort of their homes.

My theory is most of these people lack the communication or social skills neccesary to engage in a critical discussion face to face.

It's all good though, for usually it provides first rate drama and entertainment that helps break up the minutiae of a work day.

Have fun at TRF!

trink39.gif 2.gif

setlist talk is considered critical discussion? i would have no problem meeting up with a rush fan and discussing over a few beers my dislike for the setlist. trink39.gif

I haven't had a chance to post since seeing opening night in Albuquerque. It was my first opening night since my first tour back in 85. So special!

I find this thread so funny. It appears every tour! I rely on it:

This tour is bad because...

This tour is good because...

Why are you bitching about this tour...

Why can't I bitch about this tour...

My first response to the show was, "This is the setlist I've been waiting for, for 25 years--And my opinion is the same today.

Do some of you REALLY think that Rush should mail it in and not play or write new material? Seriously? For better or really better, they're musicians driven by their desire to create. No band, and I mean NO BAND does a better job managing old with new.

As for the mistake and glitch element. The funniest part of the show was Neil's dropped stick--Not for the drop itself but for the gasp heard throughout the theater when it happened. It was as if someone had been shot! " DEAR GOD!! NEIL DROPPED A STICK! WHERE'S MY I PHONE, WHERE'S MY COMPUTER? I MUST ALERT THE MEDIA!

Rush fans are the best!

Seriously, this was my 7 year olds second show and my 40th and I can't think of a better way to spend an evening. Thanks to all those who were awesome to my boy and especially to those who blew the smoke in the other direction...See, we can be a community!

HW