Which Three Piece Band Do You Like More?

RUSHHEAD666

A Simple Landslide Question But What The Hell! Greed Day, I Mean Green Day Blows!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. A Simple Landslide Question But What The Hell! Greed Day, I Mean Green Day Blows!

• RUSH
    • GREEN DAY

All this Greed Day talk in the Rush section made me want to write this stupid poll question.

There really is no comparison to whom is the better band, but there are a lot of younger members on this Forum so they actually might like Green Day better.

You never know so hopefully this poll will shed the light on this subject or not.

I have always hated Green Day since day one, and when it comes to their success I will always deviate from the norm.

2.gif ON!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apologies in advance to Xanadu93, but I have hated Green Day since they debuted in '94. Their lead singer needs sinus surgery or something - he always sounds congested.

Dear RUSHHEAD666,

I understand the reasons behind why you would be thinking of Green Day. However, I respectfully say that you must be out of your f***ing mind to think that even the younger Rush fans here would vote for that other band.

Sincerely,

Dookie

trink38.gif cool10.gif trink39.gif

Naturally, I'm going with Rush, but I love Green Day. I saw them last year in Atlanta, and I honestly think that it was the best show I've ever seen - and yes, that includes Rush. They're tight live, yet have a blast. They put on a hell of a show, and don't go overboard with props and shit. They also had a shitload of audience interaction, including having three people come up and sing each verse of "Longview" and have another guy play rhythm guitar during all of "Jesus of Suburbia"! Billie Joe doing a second encore with only an acoustic was pretty great, too.

Also, Earl, why have you hated them since day one? You were like 17 when they started! Did Billie Joe, Mike, or John (see, I know my Green Day history!) do something to you back in the day? Are you jealous of Tre Cool's name? What's the cause of all this Green Day hate?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 4 2010, 12:55 AM)
Apologies in advance to Xanadu93, but I have hated Green Day since they debuted in '94. Their lead singer needs sinus surgery or something - he always sounds congested.

You already told me that last year. It's all good!

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 4 2010, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 4 2010, 12:55 AM)
Apologies in advance to Xanadu93, but I have hated Green Day since they debuted in '94.  Their lead singer needs sinus surgery or something - he always sounds congested.

You already told me that last year. It's all good!

You're a good sport, Tim! trink38.gif

Gotta go with Rush, dude. Green Day is far too teenagery for me. Plus Mara's got a damn good point about the nasal sound in the guy's voice. It's very obnoxious. (Im sorry Timmy)

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 3 2010, 09:55 PM)

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

I still love you Tim! Sorry dude! They SUCK!

Signed,

PRIMUS tongue.gif

You guys don't have to apologize! If you've listened to them with an open mind and can't stand them, then I don't mind. It's the people who say Green Day sucks just to be different and/or cool that get on my nerves.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 3 2010, 09:55 PM)
Naturally, I'm going with Rush, but I love Green Day. I saw them last year in Atlanta, and I honestly think that it was the best show I've ever seen - and yes, that includes Rush. They're tight live, yet have a blast. They put on a hell of a show, and don't go overboard with props and shit. They also had a shitload of audience interaction, including having three people come up and sing each verse of "Longview" and have another guy play rhythm guitar during all of "Jesus of Suburbia"! Billie Joe doing a second encore with only an acoustic was pretty great, too.

Also, Earl, why have you hated them since day one? You were like 17 when they started! Did Billie Joe, Mike, or John (see, I know my Green Day history!) do something to you back in the day? Are you jealous of Tre Cool's name? What's the cause of all this Green Day hate?

tongue.gif

HAHA! Sorry buddy! I just saw Mara's post and responded!

I guess HATE is a strong word. I just never got into them.

Tre Cool is a Fool, yet he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Tre? I prefer "The Trees" tongue.gif

If Green Day was really a "punk" band then maybe I wouldn't trash them so much, but dude, they are so commercial is sickening.

What was that major hit that was on a sitcom?

I had to look it up, "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" It was on one episode of Seinfeld and one episode of ER.

I can't stand that song.

I know it's taboo to talk politics outside of SOCN, so I will just say that I really do hate their politics. "American Idiot" says it all.

Bush is labeled a FAIL President, but hey Obama is following his giant footsteps.

Oh and that "American Idiot" play? No thank you.

I would rather watch Rush suck on the Time Machine Tour! laugh.gif

Just kidding. Rush still has it!

Dude, I was 16 in 1984 when I saw Rush for the first time.

Now I am 42 and I just found out today that I have a cracked bone in my foot from walking around New Mexico in flip flops.

It sucks getting old. Enjoy your youth young man!!

Sell your Green Day shit and go see Rush! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 3 2010, 10:05 PM)
You guys don't have to apologize! If you've listened to them with an open mind and can't stand them, then I don't mind. It's the people who say Green Day sucks just to be different and/or cool that get on my nerves.

Yes dude! I have bought many Green Day albums over the decades and I have dumped them all.

Even their latest album with "21 Guns" I had to buy because it was a "concept album."

Still I thought it was just way too poppy.

You know me by now Tim, I waste a lot of disposable income on music.

Can't win them all.

Signed,

The Oakland A's

QUOTE (Star Taker @ Jul 3 2010, 10:51 PM)
3 piece? have you seen Green Day? I am no math wiz, but I count 4 people in Green Day. Maybe they record as a trio, but live there are 4 of them I swear!

Damn Star Taker! You got me there. I'm sorry I never knew that.

I have never seen Green Day live and I never will.

Hell I would rather see Bruce Springsteen live than Green Day. wacko.gif

Happy 4th Of July everyone!

Speaking of Bruce Springsteen I'm glad "The Boss" wrote a positive song about the United States back in the Eighties:

"BORN IN THE USA!"

Yeah right.

Fukk you Springsteen!

Love Forever,

Ronald Reagan 1287.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 4 2010, 12:55 AM)
Dear RUSHHEAD666,

I understand the reasons behind why you would be thinking of Green Day. However, I respectfully say that you must be out of your f***ing mind to think that even the younger Rush fans here would vote for that other band.

Sincerely,
Dookie

Pretty much.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 3 2010, 09:55 PM)
Dear RUSHHEAD666,

Sincerely,
Dookie

Fair enough Blaze!

I can't argue that.

It's Timmy against THE RUSH OLD WORLD MAN!

1022.gif cool10.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif common001.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

Love,

"Analog Green Day Kid"

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 4 2010, 12:55 AM)
They also had a shitload of audience interaction, including having three people come up and sing each verse of "Longview" and have another guy play rhythm guitar during all of "Jesus of Suburbia"! Billie Joe doing a second encore with only an acoustic was pretty great, too.

I don't want this happening at ANY concert I attend! I paid to hear the band, not a bunch of off-key audience members.

QUOTE (Star Taker @ Jul 4 2010, 01:51 AM)
3 piece?  have you seen Green Day? I am no math wiz, but I count 4 people in Green Day. Maybe they record as a trio, but live there are 4 of them I swear!

Jason White has been playing guitar and providing vocals since 1999; there hasn't been an official announcement but he seems like Green Day's 4th man (he was in both the "21 Guns" video and the "Last of the American Girls" video). Jason Freese has been playing keyboards, piano, acoustic guitar, trombone, saxophone, accordion, and providing backing vocals since 2003. Along with the two Jasons, they've had several people tour with them and play tympani, trumpet, rhythm guitar, trombone, and backing vocals, among other things.

Oh, and as for the politics in American Idiot... there are political lyrics in the title track and "Holiday" (moreso in the latter); other than that the lyrics are all focused on the rock opera.

RUSH vs Triumph may have been more interesting. Triumph fought the good fight back in the 80's.

I like Green Day a lot, but hard to compare the two.

#1 RUSH

#2 Triumph

#3 Green Day ( Met Billy at a picnic in San Diego...strange story, strange dude.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 3 2010, 11:46 PM)
All this Greed Day talk in the Rush section made me want to write this stupid poll question.

There really is no comparison to whom is the better band, but there are a lot of younger members on this Forum so they actually might like Green Day better.

You never know so hopefully this poll will shed the light on this subject or not.

I have always hated Green Day since day one, and when it comes to their success I will always deviate from the norm.

2.gif ON!

I saw them at Woodstock94 and a few festivals before and can say they blow! They are about as punk as Avril Lavigne.

Archived