Saved By Rush

earth2112shine

I've just finished watching the Rush Documentary, which I enjoyed very much.

One thing in particular struck a chord, when they mentioned being bullied, I was bullied at school not a really big deal but not nice at the time.

When I happened to mention to on of the bigger, cooler kids that I was a big 2.gif fan, this was around the time of 2112 & Kings, the bullying stopped, he was amazed to here that I liked them and my life got a lot better at school after that.

Thanks 2.gif not just for the great music but for the credo !! 653.gif

QUOTE (earth2112shine @ Jul 2 2010, 02:07 AM)
I've just finished watching the Rush Documentary, which I enjoyed very much.
One thing in particular struck a chord, when they mentioned being bullied, I was bullied at school not a really big deal but not nice at the time.
When I happened to mention to on of the bigger, cooler kids that I was a big 2.gif fan, this was around the time of 2112 & Kings, the bullying stopped, he was amazed to here that I liked them and my life got a lot better at school after that.

Thanks 2.gif not just for the great music but for the credo !! 653.gif

To be honest, they (rush) really seemed like douche bags in their high school years, no surprise though.

And wait.. He stopped bullying you after you admitted to liking Rush? tongue.gif

QUOTE (BU4B @ Jul 5 2010, 05:19 PM)
Sounds like it was a case of mistaken identity dude. The school bully's thought you were a geek turns out you were really a cool 2.gif fan

goodpost.gif

yeah.. Rush fans weren't considered geeks until the 80's tongue.gif

Bullies should not care whether you like Rush or not. They should not be doing it in the first place. I would not want my love of Rush to be a tool to get people to stop bullying me or anybody else.

Bullying is for cowards and is not something to be taken lightly. Here in the U.S. we have had many suicides due to bullying.

I can also tell you that all the members of Rush are completely against bullying and would not think it is cool for any of their fans to be bullies.

It is not cool.

Glad to hear the Bully got right with you.

I guess the prime focus of being a parent should be...do your best not to raise a bully and to know if your kid is one.

Of course, there are parents who like the idea that their child is a "leader", "takes charge", "always wins his fight"...what I've seen in life is...As#-holes always seems to do just fine in society.

Thank these "type-A" people have plenty of reasons to say..."being assertive is a GOOD thing"...Gordon Gecko comes to mind.

The entitlement mentality is abhorent in our society.

Osage

And don't get me started on Girl Bullies...I pray my son does not come home with one!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 5 2010, 09:08 PM)
Bullies should not care whether you like Rush or not. They should not be doing it in the first place. I would not want my love of Rush to be a tool to get people to stop bullying me or anybody else.

Bullying is for cowards and is not something to be taken lightly. Here in the U.S. we have had many suicides due to bullying.

I can also tell you that all the members of Rush are completely against bullying and would not think it is cool for any of their fans to be bullies.
It is not cool.

STAY ALERT

STAY SAFE

When I was in High school there were a few "bullies" that liked to make my life difficult.

Never touched me or anything, just raggin on me.

I used to have this Farewell to Kings ring. Big ring with the skull and crown.

One night at a dance one of the meat heads was wasted (i was tipsy myself) and he taunted me to fight.

He pushed me, and tried smack me in the face open handed to humiliate me.

I brushed it aside and committed myself........

The meat head met Farewell to Kings that night right in the kisser.

He went down and didn't seem to be in a fighting mood after that.

Rush saved the day......

HW

I was being bullied for a short time in high school too. I fixed the problem one night at a hockey game by busting up his face in the stands during the second period.

After that, that #*&%@ucker never even looked at me again.

In highschool I was never bullied I was actually kinda popular. Everyone liked me, I fit in with all the cliques somehow. Was even voted most likely to be a Rockstar.

But in grade school... yeeesh let's just say I learned some valuable self-defense during that time which came in handy when I took on a bully twice my size in grade 6. Nobody really bothered that freaky Goth girl much after that. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 02:58 PM)
In highschool I was never bullied I was actually kinda popular.  Everyone liked me, I fit in with all the cliques somehow. Was even voted most likely to be a Rockstar.

But in grade school... yeeesh let's just say I learned some valuable self-defense during that time which came in handy when I took on a bully twice my size in grade 6.  Nobody really bothered that freaky Goth girl much after that.  laugh.gif

So, you were the Anti-Geek?

How dare you! smile.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif 1287.gif

What happened? When did you turn geek? (Goth was cool....Geek was not) somehow you made the change. laugh.gif laugh.gif

HW

FACT:

YBT used to torment other girls who didn't look "goth enough".

bolt.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 6 2010, 04:07 PM)
FACT:

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif

Who told you THAT?!

I want names!

It's not my fault if they couldn't pull it off as well as I did.

cool.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:14 PM)
FACT:

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif

Who told you THAT?!

I want names!

cool.gif

You told me one night in a drunken stupor.

You also said you grabbed one girl's hand and held it in a deep fryer for 45 seconds.

I was shocked to say the least!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 6 2010, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:14 PM)
FACT:

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif

Who told you THAT?!

I want names!

cool.gif

You told me one night in a drunken stupor.

You also said you grabbed one girl's hand and held it in a deep fryer for 45 seconds.

I was shocked to say the least!

Pffft... drunken stupor... eyesre4.gif

You should know me well enough by now to know that when Im in a drunken stupor I'm not a credible source of info.

laugh.gif

And for the record it was 15 seconds not 45.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 6 2010, 04:33 PM)
I am concerened about what I am seeing and the direction this thread has taken...

Please feel free to properly express your concerns.

Archived