heard on the radio? SPOILER

a friend told me that she heard on the radio we will hear a concentration of songs from moving pictures AND MOSTLY ABLUMS THAT CAME BEFORE IT 653.gif . Not much from any thing post-moving pictures? friend said she heard it on the radio...in cleveland, not a "phone call"/fan... popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 25 2010, 11:00 PM)
a friend told me that she heard on the radio we will hear a concentration of songs from moving pictures AND MOSTLY ABLUMS THAT CAME BEFORE IT 653.gif . Not much from any thing post-moving pictures? friend said she heard it on the radio...in cleveland, not a "phone call"/fan... popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

They allready said that they were doing the whole Moving Pictures album.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 25 2010, 10:00 PM)
AND MOSTLY ABLUMS THAT CAME BEFORE IT 653.gif . Not much from any thing post-moving pictures?

I do hope this is wrong.....

All of MP yes, but don't stop there this is a Time Machine..

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 26 2010, 06:30 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 25 2010, 10:00 PM)
AND MOSTLY ABLUMS THAT CAME BEFORE IT 653.gif .    Not much from any thing post-moving pictures?

I do hope this is wrong.....

All of MP yes, but don't stop there this is a Time Machine..

Agreed. I'd hate to see them become a nostalgia band.

Edited by ProfGumby

It's hard to believe sometimes, but let's not forget that PW through RTB are 20-25 years ago, so they too fit very nicely into the theme!

Crazy when you put it like that - so many musicians have a "career" that spans a few years (or even months!), and here we are talking decades!

Look, regardless of how much I love the 2nd tier of their Career (AFTK-MP), I also want to hear stuff from the rest of their career! I love the third and forth tiers as well! Hell Even this fifth tier that they are currently on is awesome!

How many tiers can one band have? These guys are great!

Now play "Tears"!

rofl3.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I hope this is true. This is the time machine tour, I dont care to hear anything after MP. Take me back for 3 hours baby, then play the 2 new songs near the end as sort of a way to look forwad to the future.

I would be either schla03.gif or rage.gif if I went to the show and the show mostly consisted of pre-MP material. There are a few songs that I actually like from that period, but for the most part I never was able to get into the material then. It was MP (and maybe PeW) that was the true beginning of 2.gif for me. Anything before then = boring, imo.

QUOTE (Scars @ Jun 26 2010, 05:33 PM)
I would be either schla03.gif or rage.gif if I went to the show and the show mostly consisted of pre-MP material. There are a few songs that I actually like from that period, but for the most part I never was able to get into the material then. It was MP (and maybe PeW) that was the true beginning of 2.gif for me. Anything before then = boring, imo.

Yeah, me too. But don't let everyone else hear that! You'll be regarded as "not a true Rush fan".

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 26 2010, 10:14 AM)
Look, regardless of how much I love the 2nd tier of their Career (AFTK-MP), I also want to hear stuff from the rest of their career! I love the third and forth tiers as well! Hell Even this fifth tier that they are currently on is awesome!

Now play "Tears"!

rofl3.gif

For a half second I thought you were gonna say play Tai Shan....

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 26 2010, 11:14 AM)

Now play "Tears"!

rofl3.gif

Love Tears.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 26 2010, 05:57 PM)
I would be either schla03.gif or rage.gif  if I went to the show and the show mostly consisted of pre-MP material. There are a few songs that I actually like from that period, but for the most part I never was able to get into the material then. It was MP (and maybe PeW) that was the true beginning of 2.gif for me. Anything before then = boring, imo.

Yeah, me too. But don't let everyone else hear that! You'll be regarded as "not a true Rush fan".

that's "fair weather fan" me thinks. beathorse.gif

These guys aren't spring chickens anymore. Ged's voice ain't what it used to be (still great, just... different), and let's be honest - they're closer to retirement than we would probably prefer.

I'll be pissed if they don't play anything post-Moving Pictures. I like the older stuff, but I started with Presto, 25ish years ago. I'm not as old as some of you biggrin.gif If they do a show that's nothing but my least favorite period, 74-80, I'll have wasted over $700. Not cool.

They did 8 albums up to MP: Rush, FBN, CoS, 2112, AFTK, HEM, PeW and MP.

They've done 10 albums since then: SIG, P/G, PoW, HYF, PRESTO, RTB, CP, TFE, VT and S&A.

The debut barely counts since Neil wasn't with them yet. They can do Working Man or Finding My Way, that's about it - past tours have all but ignored the rest of the album, and with good reason, IMO.

Fly By Night fares a little better. Maybe four tracks.

Caress of Steel? Forget it. Maybe Lakeside Park, maybe Bastille Day, but I wouldn't count on either.

2112; they won't do the title track in its entirety. Been there, done that, fairly recently. They could pull Something For Nothing, or Bangkok, that's about it.

That leaves the Phase Two albums to pull the majority of the weight in a "nothing but pre-MP" show. I don't see it happening.

A time machine can go forwards and backwards in time (insofar as a fictional device can, anyway). Look for the setlist to be a celebration of the anniversary of MP with a solid sampling of music from all their eras.

That's my theory.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 26 2010, 09:12 PM)
These guys aren't spring chickens anymore. Ged's voice ain't what it used to be (still great, just... different), and let's be honest - they're closer to retirement than we would probably prefer.

I'll be pissed if they don't play anything post-Moving Pictures. I like the older stuff, but I started with Presto, 25ish years ago. I'm not as old as some of you biggrin.gif If they do a show that's nothing but my least favorite period, 74-80, I'll have wasted over $700. Not cool.

They did 8 albums up to MP: Rush, FBN, CoS, 2112, AFTK, HEM, PeW and MP.
They've done 10 albums since then: SIG, P/G, PoW, HYF, PRESTO, RTB, CP, TFE, VT and S&A.

The debut barely counts since Neil wasn't with them yet. They can do Working Man or Finding My Way, that's about it - past tours have all but ignored the rest of the album, and with good reason, IMO.

Fly By Night fares a little better. Maybe four tracks.

Caress of Steel? Forget it. Maybe Lakeside Park, maybe Bastille Day, but I wouldn't count on either.

2112; they won't do the title track in its entirety. Been there, done that, fairly recently. They could pull Something For Nothing, or Bangkok, that's about it.

That leaves the Phase Two albums to pull the majority of the weight in a "nothing but pre-MP" show. I don't see it happening.

A time machine can go forwards and backwards in time (insofar as a fictional device can, anyway). Look for the setlist to be a celebration of the anniversary of MP with a solid sampling of music from all their eras.

That's my theory.

I agree 100%. The people expecting All the World's s Stage 2 are going to be very disappointed.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 26 2010, 04:57 PM)
I would be either schla03.gif or rage.gif  if I went to the show and the show mostly consisted of pre-MP material. There are a few songs that I actually like from that period, but for the most part I never was able to get into the material then. It was MP (and maybe PeW) that was the true beginning of 2.gif for me. Anything before then = boring, imo.

With you there ^^ and Same with Tull fans, like the new and your not a True Fan... Bull Shit!!!

STOP>>> Don't go there.. wacko.gif banghead.gif

2.gif IT's All Good!! < Who said that? > Tick? atickhum.gif

There is nothing wrong with liking the new stuff, but I don't get not liking the old. That is completely beyond my comprehension. I understand if you just don't like the band, but not liking the '74-'80 period is unbelievable. Boring? Are you kidding me?

On a side note, my 7 and 4 year old love Rush. They share my sentiment for the old stuff, though. After a steady diet of the older period, all I had in the car the other day was Test For Echo. Neither one of them had any idea who the band was. They asked me if I had any Rush in the car.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 26 2010, 04:57 PM)

Everyone else? There are plenty of old timers on here that love every RUSH period, if not every song. Careful with the broad brush, makes it hard to stay within the lines.

====================================

There is no way that the set list will be MP and earlier only. That's just stupid. As a brilliant poster said earlier, a time machine implies past present and future.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 27 2010, 12:34 AM)
Everyone else? There are plenty of old timers on here that love every RUSH period, if not every song. Careful with the broad brush, makes it hard to stay within the lines.

goodpost.gif

I love every era for this band. True, I 'prefer' the Signals era (that's when I got into the band), but I'll be smiling at the concert, start to finish, wishing they'd play even more songs - from any era.

2.gif

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 27 2010, 01:03 AM)
There is nothing wrong with liking the new stuff, but I don't get not liking the old. That is completely beyond my comprehension. I understand if you just don't like the band, but not liking the '74-'80 period is unbelievable. Boring? Are you kidding me?

I love the last three albums from that period, but for the most part the first four are hit-and-miss.

Open your mind. There are people that don't like the old shit.