HS graduation class theme song

what song did your class choose for your graduating class. Post a link to it if you can. It's OK if it's a sucky song. I thought ours was a bad choice.

I graduated in 1987. Ours was Atlantic Starr's "For Always". No, I didn't like our song, but here's the link:

Atlantic Starr - "For Always"

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 17 2010, 09:13 AM)
what song did your class choose for your graduating class. Post a link to it if you can. It's OK if it's a sucky song. I thought ours was a bad choice.

I graduated in 1987. Ours was Atlantic Starr's "For Always". No, I didn't like our song, but here's the link:

I'm a dork. I still have my senior ball glass.

"Don't You Forget About Me." Simple Minds

We didn't have one that I can remember. Unless the Miller Lite "less filling. . .tastes great" debate from the old commercial counts.

You'd have to have seen these ads to understand. Picture a stadium full of people, one side yelling, "less filling" and the other half countering with "tastes great". Now picture a choir loft (yes, ours was in a huge Baptist church) with 700 students, split evenly on either side of the stage, doing the same. It really was sort of funny. Especially since I hated my high school.

Prom song, though, was "Almost Paradise". 062802puke_prv.gif That was junior year. Skipped senior prom for the Power Windows tour.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 18 2010, 02:39 PM)
We didn't have one that I can remember. Unless the Miller Lite "less filling. . .tastes great" debate from the old commercial counts.

You'd have to have seen these ads to understand. Picture a stadium full of people, one side yelling, "less filling" and the other half countering with "tastes great". Now picture a choir loft (yes, ours was in a huge Baptist church) with 700 students, split evenly on either side of the stage, doing the same. It really was sort of funny. Especially since I hated my high school.

Prom song, though, was "Almost Paradise". 062802puke_prv.gif That was junior year. Skipped senior prom for the Power Windows tour.

One of our prom themes was a Luther Vandross song...

"Here and Now" maybe?

Can't remember the other one.

old.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2010, 01:19 PM)

That song f**king owns. yes.gif

I don't know if either of the last two classes at my school had a graduation theme song, but I know that, when I was in 8th grade at my old school, the seniors there used Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar". It was awesome how the song starts with the piano riff and a cheering crowd, with all of the kids cheering too.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2010, 12:19 PM)

I still have a beer mug with the details of our prom printed on it, is that similar to what you have?

I graduated in '86, but for some reason our Prom Song was a sappy 70s song, "Precious and Few." 062802puke_prv.gif

My son graduated high school a few weeks ago and the song at his graduation was "This Is The Moment" from the Jekyll & Hyde musical. I doubt my son will remember it but I always will. sad.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 18 2010, 12:49 PM)

I don't know if either of the last two classes at my school had a graduation theme song, but I know that, when I was in 8th grade at my old school, the seniors there used Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar". It was awesome how the song starts with the piano riff and a cheering crowd, with all of the kids cheering too.

No doubt Tim! I remember writing a thread in here on the Simple Minds.

I love that tune even though the band hated recording it.

It was meant for U2 or Billy Idol and they both turned it down.

Love the drumming in that song. The perfect song for my lame ass senior ball.

Remember, I once wrote that I had Rush tickets on the POWER WINDOWS Tour back in 1986. The show was up in Sacramento, but my dad made me eat my tickets and take some chick I didn't even like to my senior ball in San Francisco.

As you can tell I'm still bitter about it. I saw the PW Tour at the Cow Palace, but I wanted to see the Cal Expo show.

Hell I remember the date, May 24th 1986.

All of us diehard Rush fans thought that they were going to play "Lakeside Park" during that show!!

Anyway I found out the next day that they did NOT play "Lakeside Park."

I had a horrible time. My date passed out in the limo on the way home. It was only 11 pm.

"I Will Forget About You" sweetheart.

I should have been at a Rush concert!!!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 18 2010, 01:50 PM)

I still have a beer mug with the details of our prom printed on it, is that similar to what you have?

I graduated in '86, but for some reason our Prom Song was a sappy 70s song, "Precious and Few." 062802puke_prv.gif

That is a strange pick for a 1986 senior ball song!

Damn dude, you and I are the same age!

There seem to be a lot of 42 year old Rush Fanatics on here.

I'll drink to that.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2010, 09:11 PM)

Remember, I once wrote that I had Rush tickets on the POWER WINDOWS Tour back in 1986. The show was up in Sacramento, but my dad made me eat my tickets and take some chick I didn't even like to my senior ball in San Francisco.

As you can tell I'm still bitter about it. I saw the PW Tour at the Cow Palace, but I wanted to see the Cal Expo show.

All of us diehard Rush fans thought that they were going to play "Lakeside Park" during that show!!

I had a horrible time. My date passed out in the limo on the way home. It was only 11 pm.

Damn, that sucks.

I got really lucky in that the guy who would have been my prom date was ALSO a Rush fan. I'd have had no qualms about sending him off to prom on his own, or even with some other girl. Rush concert>stupid dance with lame band every time. Fortunately it was not a decision I had to make.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 18 2010, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2010, 09:11 PM)

Damn, that sucks.

I got really lucky in that the guy who would have been my prom date was ALSO a Rush fan. I'd have had no qualms about sending him off to prom on his own, or even with some other girl. Rush concert>stupid dance with lame band every time. Fortunately it was not a decision I had to make.

No doubt! I had ZERO interest in the senior ball! It was RUSH FIRST! Even back then.

However, and I still can't believe this. Of all people it was my dad who "forced" me to go to the ball instead of Rush.

He told me that I would regret it for the rest of my life if I missed the ball.

Ironically I am now 42 years old, and I'm still bent out of shape that I missed a Rush concert instead!

1287.gif

If I'd had my druthers, this song would have been my senior song as well (I escaped in 1985). cool.gif

Archived