Post Pictures of YOU v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Not exactly a picture of me but I'm there in the beginning. This is our annual Swim with the sharks day. :)

Yay, sharks! Is it pupping season for them? I've heard the leopard sharks congregate near LJ when they pup.

Yep. They show up when the water is at its warmest. Late July and August. The water is really nice right now.

Our water up here is crazy-warm. Usually it's about 52º and lately it's been 65º. I've never heard of it being this warm before.

Don't you worry about other sharks that are more of a threat?

I'm a diver and I go out of my way to dive with sharks. For the most part they are really nothing to worry about. And it's true that they are more afraid of you than you are of them. They certainly are in more danger from people than people are from them :(

• Like 3

Not exactly a picture of me but I'm there in the beginning. This is our annual Swim with the sharks day. :)

Yay, sharks! Is it pupping season for them? I've heard the leopard sharks congregate near LJ when they pup.

Yep. They show up when the water is at its warmest. Late July and August. The water is really nice right now.

Our water up here is crazy-warm. Usually it's about 52º and lately it's been 65º. I've never heard of it being this warm before.

I'm a diver and I go out of my way to dive with sharks. For the most part they are really nothing to worry about. And it's true that they are more afraid of you than you are of them. They certainly are in more danger from people than people are from them :(

Your leg tats makes sense now..... :D
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube....d&v=DbDOfp2v4og

Sharks are just misunderstood

Sharks are just misunderstood. Are they capable of emotions?

https://www.youtube....8;v=DbDOfp2v4og

With the caveat that there is no way we will ever know what's actually going on in my head I would say not really. I'm sure they feel basic stuff like fear, but I don't know if that is an emotion or a gut instinct. I wouldn't think fish to be capable of more complex things like happiness, love, or what have you.

• Like 1

With the caveat that there is no way we will ever know what's actually going on in my head I would say not really. I'm sure they feel basic stuff like fear, but I don't know if that is an emotion or a gut instinct. I wouldn't think fish to be capable of more complex things like happiness, love, or what have you.

Aaaaaaaand I'd guess they're happiest when finding a slow moving meal, meaty and tasty. Say, like a diver?

Aaaaaaaand I'd guess they're happiest when finding a slow moving meal, meaty and tasty. Say, like a diver?

Heh, it just so happens I looked up shark attack statistics just the other day. It turns out that 90% of documents attacks since the 1500s were made at the water's surface or shoreline, as opposed to underwater.

Out of the hundreds of sharks I've seen over many hundreds of dives, I have never felt in danger from one.

• Like 2

:D Actually people usually survive an attack by the shark species known to engage in that sort of behavior. Mainly because there just isn't enough fat on a human to be satisfying. Yes, that includes us 'mericans. They bite and release or taste and release. :P The only ones around Southern California to be concerned with are Great Whites and the occasional Blues. You need to be in fairly deep water on average 30+ feet to worry about it though. Great Whites like to swim beneath their prey and rush up to deliver a death blow so they don't have to fight with their dinner. They prefer nice plump seals and sea lions. As long as their prey isn't in the water with me I feel pretty safe. Also, I worked at Sea World for 10 years and never saw anything in a sharks behavior that would indicate it had emotions.

Edited by hunter

Heh, it just so happens I looked up shark attack statistics just the other day. It turns out that 90% of documents attacks since the 1500s were made at the water's surface or shoreline, as opposed to underwater.

Out of the hundreds of sharks I've seen over many hundreds of dives, I have never felt in danger from one.

Have you ever been in the water with a Great White or Tiger?

I have, on many occasions. I've done cage diving with white sharks, and a couple of those dives were done in a deep cage, about 30' down. I was sitting on top of that cage (no bars around me), and the sharks completely ignored me.

I've seen many tigers in various parts of the world and one tiger in particular, Emma, in the Bahamas, is used to people and I was able to pet her. Here's a pic of me photographing Emma:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/tigerbeach_2010-1191_zps146b1dd6.jpg

• Like 4

I have, on many occasions. I've done cage diving with white sharks, and a couple of those dives were done in a deep cage, about 30' down. I was sitting on top of that cage (no bars around me), and the sharks completely ignored me.

I've seen many tigers in various parts of the world and one tiger in particular, Emma, in the Bahamas, is used to people and I was able to pet her. Here's a pic of me photographing Emma:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/tigerbeach_2010-1191_zps146b1dd6.jpg

DAMN! :o
  • Like 2

Is that a Lemon under Emma?

It is, yes! There are a ton of lemons out there.

• Like 2

It is, yes! There are a ton of lemons out there.

Good for you,

I'll pass. :LOL:

Jk, here's actual me from about 3 years ago (I don't look any different) at my high school's battle of the bands, wearing the proper attire:

419824_3330705557665_828632009_n.jpg

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

I guess it's still not safe to post in here.

It was a cool pic. You had an "enjoying life" look about you.

Jk, here's actual me from about 3 years ago (I don't look any different) at my high school's battle of the bands

Did your band win the battle?

• Like 1

Here's an accurate photo of me, around Christmas 2 years ago:

16577_4978670395756_529111361_n.jpg?oh=7fadb2d753e2e0e35ea2e3b43f2a2b9d&oe=547F3DB9&__gda__=1417227436_716a108cf0553e00dd7c0ffcd5b668d2

Is that a picture from the long-awaited sequel to Face/Off?

Jk, here's actual me from about 3 years ago (I don't look any different) at my high school's battle of the bands

It wasn't actually a competition but they host one every Homecoming and it was my senior year so we did play very well. Even if it was 4-5 shitty pop punk songs. In defiance of such a horrible and whiny genre, I wore one of my Rush T-shirts to at least show SOME musical legitimacy.

• Like 3

It wasn't actually a competition but they host one every Homecoming and it was my senior year so we did play very well. Even if it was 4-5 shitty pop punk songs. In defiance of such a horrible and whiny genre, I wore one of my Rush T-shirts to at least show SOME musical legitimacy.

Right on, nice move.

I hate when schools refer to these things as "battles" and then omit the competition element. They might as well call it The Peaceful Congregation of the Bands rather than The Battle of the Bands. Maybe they considered it a foregone conclusion that the group with a guy wearing a Rush shirt would win.

• Like 2