QUOTE (tel @ Jun 5 2010, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jun 4 2010, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 4 2010, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Jun 4 2010, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 4 2010, 09:52 AM)
Go back in time...and revisit the ESL solo on YYZ

Perfection.

agreed,pearts best solo right here. yes.gif

Agreed too, but there are pieces of it in DT.

DT?

der trommler...there arent that many solos b_sigh.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 7 2010, 08:48 AM)
Do you think there is a chance he will bring out an older drum Kit from Exit Stage Left or earlier! I would like to see the tubular Bells again!

NeilFinal.gif

I'm not sure he even owns any of those old kits anymore.

However I'll bet the new owners would gladly lend them back to him for the tour.

Neil with double bass again = 1022.gif

Musicians usually keep playing and touring if they're moving in a FORWARD direction, so I think that's a pipe dream. (ok, i'll admit it. I'd love it if he did that. They would have to put that heavy reverb on his drums to make it sound like the studio version, though...) wink.gif

I'm going to be completely honest and totally unpopular at the same time by stating that the best thing he could do concerning his solo is not to play one. Geddy and Alex are proficient enough to warrant solos and I am glad they do not take one. I see soloing like that as dull...it doesn't matter who it is. I know that Neil's solo is composed, but I still see it as a low in the show. Reminds me of the pickup line, "Want to come back to my place? I want to play a song for you on my drum." I'm glad that those who like it appreciate it. I'd rather see the time filled with a song.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:40 PM)
I'm going to be completely honest and totally unpopular at the same time by stating that the best thing he could do concerning his solo is not to play one. Geddy and Alex are proficient enough to warrant solos and I am glad they do not take one. I see soloing like that as dull...it doesn't matter who it is. I know that Neil's solo is composed, but I still see it as a low in the show. Reminds me of the pickup line, "Want to come back to my place? I want to play a song for you on my drum." I'm glad that those who like it appreciate it. I'd rather see the time filled with a song.

I can see your point, but my one & only complaint (being a former drummer myself) is the length. It's too long for an already long concert. The electric portion was cool...in the 80's when electronic percussion was novel and experimental but now it's tired and meanders and, quite frankly, sounds like a drummer trying to write a song...and this almost always sucks, it too vampy and goes nowhere.

Retire the electronics (but we know he won't) and just play a 5 - 10 minute rocking solo.

NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 8 2010, 06:57 AM)
Wouldn't it kick ass if during the Moving Pictures part of the concert he played the old YYZ solo?

653.gif Good Call

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:40 PM)

I agree with this but would make an exception if he plays Didacts and Narpets biggrin.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 9 2010, 03:07 PM)
It wouldn't hurt. Here's my theory. A good 95% of the fans at the show will have no idea he's playing Diadects and Narpets. That said, those who DO know will recognize it and be pleasantly surprised, and those who do not know will just think it's some kick ass part of the solo.

goodpost.gif

"holy crap, is that... no, wait, lemme listen.... holy crap, it D&N!"

awesome concert

1022.gif

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Jun 9 2010, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 9 2010, 03:07 PM)
It wouldn't hurt. Here's my theory. A good 95% of the fans at the show will have no idea he's playing Diadects and Narpets. That said, those who DO know will recognize it and be pleasantly surprised, and those who do not know will just think it's some kick ass part of the solo.

goodpost.gif

"holy crap, is that... no, wait, lemme listen.... holy crap, it D&N!"

awesome concert

1022.gif

1022.gif I would cool10.gif