Caravan or Tom Sawyer?

Earthshine

Which do you like more?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Caravan
    • Tom Sawyer

I have to imagine anyone who is voting Caravan either:

a: is so infatuated with a brand new song that their brain has temporarily short-circuited

b: has something against Tom Sawyer because of over-exposure as opposed to it actually being an inferior song

or

c: both

wink.gif

tongue.gif

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 1 2010, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 1 2010, 03:47 AM)
Caravan is simply out of this world. But! Is it better than Tom Sawyer? Which do you like more?

Not even close...Tom Sawyer destroys caravan. You can sing along to TS...caravan is a mess of noise with no melody and the lyrics are forced.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:07 PM)
you're kidding right? Caravan is a good song, but compared to Tom Sawyer it might as well be Dog Years.

Oh come on! ohmy.gif Surely you like it more than that! trink39.gif By the way I like Dog Years. It rocks! common001.gif

Yeah, a classic that is 29yrs old or a song that is hrs old

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 1 2010, 09:16 AM)
Well I've listened to Caravan about 6 or 7 times and Tom Sawyer about 3 million. The former is certainly fresher, but it's waaaayyyy to early to compare those two IMO anyhow. Fresher always seems better to me because it's new...and Caravan IS indeed very good. I'm not ready to make that kind of comparison just yet.

I disagree. It's not too early to compare these. Tom Sawyer kicks Caravan's ass up and down the street, then bashes its head with a trash can like Sonny Corleone.

I loved Tom Sawyer from the moment I heard it in 1981, having no idea who Rush is. I didn't have to listen to it 5-10 times in order to learn to like it. And when I got it, I wanted to listen to it over and over again. And 30 years later, I'm still listening and loving this song.

What's next? Caravan vs. Xanadu?

Caravan vs. Test For Echo is a more apt comparison.

All this irrational exuberance is really killing my interest in a decent song.

Archived