Ozzy Blizzard and Diary albums to be reissued for

treeduck

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 29 2011, 08:26 AM)
http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/covers/ozzy30thbox_800.jpg

This looks cool. I want it.

I still have original vinyls so I'll stick with them, I just want some proper CD editions finally...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2011, 01:40 PM)

I still have original vinyls so I'll stick with them, I just want some proper CD editions finally...

Same. I actually just bought the original vinyls from a friend of mine in great condition. Having proper remastered CDs is all I'm concerned about.

You can help her pay back the millions in taxes she defrauded our govt for years here. Whore and a tax cheating millionaire to boot

QUOTE (staunchally @ May 7 2011, 08:47 AM)
I'm not a legal expert but Daisley and Kerslake have composer credits on those albums. Wouldn't they be entitled to royalties whether they played or not?

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 6 2011, 01:34 PM)
before the last appeal by Daisley/Kerslake she had the tracks stripped & re done so in court they weren't technically on the record so the case was dismissed.

No. Lee and Bob lost their lawsuit against Ozzy on statute of limitations grounds. Basically, the appellate court agreed that even if Ozzy had cheated them out of money, they knew about it so long before they filed their lawsuit that it couldn't go forward.

I point that out because a lot of Ozzy supporters often gleefully point out that Lee and Bob "lost" to suggest Ozzy was right. The former is technically right, the latter is not.

Substantively, these two albums are the reason Ozzy still has a solo career to this day. His last decent solo album was Bark at the Moon. His only two great ones are Blizzard and Diary.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ May 30 2011, 07:03 PM)
His last decent solo album was Bark at the Moon. His only two great ones are Blizzard and Diary.

I have to give testimony to at least half of 'No More Tears' to compete against 'Blizzard of Ozz' and 'Diary of a Madman'. If it weren't for 'No More Tears', I would lose hope in everything he's done solo wise. I refuse to go anywhere near his new album. 'Scream'? Should have been named 'Shit'.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ May 30 2011, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 6 2011, 01:34 PM)
before the last appeal by Daisley/Kerslake she had the tracks stripped & re done so in court they weren't technically on the record so the case was dismissed.

No. Lee and Bob lost their lawsuit against Ozzy on statute of limitations grounds. Basically, the appellate court agreed that even if Ozzy had cheated them out of money, they knew about it so long before they filed their lawsuit that it couldn't go forward.

I point that out because a lot of Ozzy supporters often gleefully point out that Lee and Bob "lost" to suggest Ozzy was right. The former is technically right, the latter is not.

Substantively, these two albums are the reason Ozzy still has a solo career to this day. His last decent solo album was Bark at the Moon. His only two great ones are Blizzard and Diary.

Not how Daisley explained to me how he lost his final appeal, as far as I know it. However they lost the case, you may be correct on that, but from what he said they were appealing the decision they lost for a few years when they were stripped off the masters before the hearing that turned out to be the last appeal. It was then the appeal was thrown out since the musicians were no longer even on the record at that point

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 8 2011, 04:44 AM)
I'm not a legal expert but Daisley and Kerslake have composer credits on those albums. Wouldn't they be entitled to royalties whether they played or not?

this explains things a lil better

I wont buy anything she is involved with. she is a thief and a liar

http://www.bobdaisley.com/interview/website

After reading that, I think Ozzy's a f***ing piece of shit just as much as his fat whore wife! I knew all he did in Sabbath was sing Geezer's lyrics and that he didn't write shit, but I had no idea how little he had to do with his solo songs too! I have more respect for Daisley and Kerslake than ever before. f**k Ozzy! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ May 30 2011, 11:35 PM)

After reading that, I think Ozzy's a f***ing piece of shit just as much as his fat whore wife! I knew all he did in Sabbath was sing Geezer's lyrics and that he didn't write shit, but I had no idea how little he had to do with his solo songs too! I have more respect for Daisley and Kerslake than ever before. f**k Ozzy! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I do believe he wrote Changes, but that says quite a bit I guess. And I always thought it was funny how similar the end of Dirty Women/I Dont Know is (Nobody ever told me.. part) But I really blame most of it on his theif wife, who learned how to steal from what her dad did to Sabbath in the 70's. But hes pretty spineless for not stopping her from being the dooshe she is

Edited by ucsteve667

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 30 2011, 11:45 PM)

I do believe he wrote Changes, but that says quite a bit I guess. And I always thought it was funny how similar the end of Dirty Women/I Dont Know is (Nobody ever told me.. part) But I really blame most of it on his theif wife, who learned how to steal from what her dad did to Sabbath in the 70's. But hes pretty spineless for not stopping her from being the dooshe she is

trink39.gif Agree with the part about him being spineless. He's just a puppet and sharon's pulling the strings. By the way, the Blast Tyrant reissue is f*ckin' amazing!

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ May 30 2011, 11:52 PM)

trink39.gif Agree with the part about him being spineless. He's just a puppet and sharon's pulling the strings. By the way, the Blast Tyrant reissue is f*ckin' amazing!

Ive met Sharon, shes a bully plain and simple. Ive heard stories of her pushing other tour managers down stairs and shit. She's always been that way. But to do what she did to those musicians, and more importantly those records and Randy's memory is just beyond unforgivable. If I ever get the chance to get Bob on MY SHOW Ill be sure to get the story down of Ozzy punching Randy in the face one night over him wanting to leave to go back to teaching. Sharon is all that was wrong with the Old Way of making records.

And as far as Im concerned touring right now, best 2 rock bands in the world RUSH & CLUTCH

http://indiespeaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/cbt_2.jpg

Edited by ucsteve667

If you ever get Bob on your show and ask him about Ozzy punching Randy, you have to let us all know what really happened. As for Clutch- The greatest Rock N' Roll band out there right now! Rush is and will always be my #1, but I don't consider them straight up rock- therefore I'm going with Clutch. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ May 31 2011, 12:37 AM)
If you ever get Bob on your show and ask him about Ozzy punching Randy, you have to let us all know what really happened. As for Clutch- The greatest Rock N' Roll band out there right now! Rush is and will always be my #1, but I don't consider them straight up rock- therefore I'm going with Clutch. 1022.gif

thats my job, heh

either way my book:

1. RUSH

2. C!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 27 2010, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 27 2010, 05:18 PM)
Sharon Osbourne is a vile woman.

Sharon Osbourne is a rich, vile woman. There, fixed.

Sharon Osbourne is a rich, vile reincarnation of Yoko Ono. Fixed

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 31 2011, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ May 30 2011, 11:52 PM)

Ive met Sharon, shes a bully plain and simple. Ive heard stories of her pushing other tour managers down stairs and shit. She's always been that way. But to do what she did to those musicians, and more importantly those records and Randy's memory is just beyond unforgivable. If I ever get the chance to get Bob on MY SHOW Ill be sure to get the story down of Ozzy punching Randy in the face one night over him wanting to leave to go back to teaching. Sharon is all that was wrong with the Old Way of making records.

And as far as Im concerned touring right now, best 2 rock bands in the world RUSH & CLUTCH

http://indiespeaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/cbt_2.jpg

CLUTCH!

1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ May 30 2011, 10:36 PM)
I have to give testimony to at least half of 'No More Tears' to compete against 'Blizzard of Ozz' and 'Diary of a Madman'. If it weren't for 'No More Tears', I would lose hope in everything he's done solo wise. I refuse to go anywhere near his new album. 'Scream'? Should have been named 'Shit'.

Fair enough. NMT has some good stuff on it. But like BATM, its not solid all the way through. Blizzard and Diary have zero filler.

I saw Ozzy on the Diary tour, just weeks after Randy was killed. Bernie Torme was his guitarist at the time. He was great. But after Ozzy lost Randy, as well as Daisley, who wrote a lot of the material on his first three albums, the quality of his solo output dropped like a stone. Check out Ozzy's current set list. There's maybe 5 songs that were recorded after I last saw him live on the BATM tour.

Seeing how much of a sellout he has been lately i have to expect some corporate cross promotion to tie in with the release.

Dairy Queen of A Madman (sharon)

Blizzard of Ozz- special bat-shit crazy flavor

I Was going to get these because of the new doc, 30 Years After The Blizzard and the d.v.d. of 5 songs from a show in N.Y. in 1981 . I then found out that you can only get them if you fork over $150 for a Box Set. I have these albums on the Original vinyl and c.d. f**k You Sharon

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 31 2011, 12:47 PM)
I Was going to get these because of the new doc, 30 Years After The Blizzard and the d.v.d. of 5 songs from a show in N.Y. in 1981 . I then found out that you can only get them if you fork over $150 for a Box Set. I have these albums on the Original vinyl and c.d. f**k You Sharon

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (King Whompus @ May 31 2011, 04:07 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 27 2010, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 27 2010, 05:18 PM)
Sharon Osbourne is a vile woman.

Sharon Osbourne is a rich, vile woman. There, fixed.

Sharon Osbourne is a rich, vile reincarnation of Yoko Ono. Fixed

POST OF THE YEAR!

1022.gif

I just ordered my Japanese pressings of these two reissues!

I will pay for the box sets! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jun 2 2011, 12:24 AM)
I love the Blizzard and Diary albums.
I will get this. Even if it does put another dollar into Sharon's tax-dodging money stuffed pocket.

Bitch.

Why not just download it from the 'net instead of giving them more money? I mean, if you are already bought the albums once, then you shouldn't have to pay for them again. This is a case where downloading cannot be looked down on.