I Know "It's Complicated," But I Actually Liked

RUSHHEAD666

Dudes!

"It's Complicated" is not a "chick flick." It was surprisingly very good!

Wendy made me pick it up on blu-ray and watch it with her.

You know selfish me. I make her watch every horror, action, sci-fi flick on the planet.

Well, I have to give props to Meryl of course. She is absolutely amazing as usual.

Although I don't care for Alec Baldwin's politics, he is one funny fukker.

Of course the legend Steve Martin is also a plus.

Great chemistry on the set.

You know it is sad seeing these actors getting older.

Especially Martin. He's had such a great career, and nothing can touch "The Jerk." JMO!

Check this flick out!

Sincerely,

"Shithead"666 laugh.gif

I have always found that anything Meryl Streep is part of is usally high quality.

I saw The Devil Wears Prada, and liked it. Yup. I admit it.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 30 2010, 12:06 AM)
I have always found that anything Meryl Streep is part of is usally high quality.

Usually.

But of course there are exceptions to every rule - especially in Hollywood, where everybody has made at least one bad choice. For Meryl, the worst was She-Devil starring her and Roseanne Barr. I think Meryl only made the choice because she was desperate to try comedy after receiving high accolades for her strictly dramatic roles.

I liked this movie also. I saw it in the theater and if I remember correctly there is a 2112 number in it. I think that it is a hotel room number at some point. I don't know for sure. Maybe I just imagined it. That number pops into my head sometimes just for fun:)

QUOTE (hope67 @ May 1 2010, 08:46 PM)
I liked this movie also. I saw it in the theater and if I remember correctly there is a 2112 number in it. I think that it is a hotel room number at some point. I don't know for sure. Maybe I just imagined it. That number pops into my head sometimes just for fun:)

Yes! You are right on the money! The room was 2112. Nice Rush sighting. I forgot to mention that.

I remember when I heard that line, my ears perked up and Wendy told me, "Oh Earl, I bet you love this movie now."

I said, "Well, it's cool, but I'm quite bored."

"In The End" I actually thought it was a good picture.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Apr 30 2010, 06:06 PM)
Uh Oh Foum Family my gay gene is coming out again!

I absolutely loved Meryl in "MAMMA MIA!"

Then again I like to get naked and crank ABBA all night long.

1022.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I watched this with the wifey last night - we both loved it. There's a lot of new movies that come about on cable, but most of them unfortunately are not of this quality. Great story and acting. And so nice to Steve Martin acting with Meryl Streep - he deserves it. smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 16 2010, 12:52 PM)
I watched this with the wifey last night - we both loved it. There's a lot of new movies that come about on cable, but most of them unfortunately are not of this quality. Great story and acting. And so nice to Steve Martin acting with Meryl Streep - he deserves it. smile.gif

Agreed.

I laughed more at the audience than the film.

And I'm a girl.

It was just a rehash of Something's Gotta Give except that Jack's the shit and Diane plays neurotic better than Meryl (and I love Meryl as an actress).

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 16 2010, 03:37 PM)

And I'm a girl.

It was just a rehash of Something's Gotta Give except that Jack's the shit and Diane plays neurotic better than Meryl (and I love Meryl as an actress).

I will have to check that movie out. I'm sure my wife will love it.

Did you like Streep in "Mamma Mia?"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 17 2010, 01:59 AM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 16 2010, 03:37 PM)

And I'm a girl. 

I will have to check that movie out. I'm sure my wife will love it.

Did you like Streep in "Mamma Mia?"

I didn't see it.

Go rent, like, Out of Africa or Kramer v. Kramer. I love Streep's earlier stuff. Although I think she's still amazing, god, her earlier stuff is like effing mind blowing. Plus Out of Africa is just a beautiful film. *sniffs*

1022.gif

Dude...you are hilarious. I want some of what you're smoking laugh.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 17 2010, 08:12 AM)
Go rent, like, Out of Africa or Kramer v. Kramer. I love Streep's earlier stuff. Although I think she's still amazing, god, her earlier stuff is like effing mind blowing. Plus Out of Africa is just a beautiful film. *sniffs*

I think she's as great as she ever was, it's just the quality of the films she chooses (or has to choose from) can vary. She had quite the string of amazing movies in the 80's, but she's doing quite well in the last decade as well. She really is incredible in whatever she does, even if the movie isn't always as good as she is.

Earl, Goob, and Presto-D,

Whereas we understand where you fellows are coming from and that you appreciated this movie more for it's humorous qualities than anything else, at last night's meeting of the International Society of Men it was unanimously (if regretfully) decided that you gentleman have earned this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/revoked_card.jpg

You will be eligible to re-apply after 90 days. The Expendables is available as of today on DVD and Blu-Ray. You might want to start there.

tongue.gif moon.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

1022.gif

Aahhh... bolt.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 23 2010, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 23 2010, 08:01 AM)
biggrin.gif  Choice Jack!

He's taken away my man card so many times by now. Honestly, I don't know why he bothers. He never gave it back to me after the first time. confused13.gif

I know, Gary. It's just fun. In fact, it's almost a hobby! laugh.gif

You guys know I still love you though, right? laugh.gif