Tickets through Stubhub

So anyone know why sellers on Stubhub don't give seat numbers in their description? It would help to know if one set of seats were 30 seats further from the stage than the others on sale in that row, so I would know if it was worth the money. Can't assume the more expensive seats are better.

I dont think you can find out what seats you've got until after you buy them. Supposedly to protect the buyers privacy or something like that, I dont exactly understand the reason. I bought some seats from them a couple of years ago, Sec 103 at the Shoreline, and they ended up being all the way off on the far edge. I didnt know that until I received them., but I knew when I purchased them that I was taking that chance. I think that most brokers operate this way.

They are reluctant to reveal seat numbers in fear of them being revoked/cancelled due to violation of reselling them.

I always ask for a "range" of seats to narrow down their location. I get a response like "2 tickets between seat numbers 15-20" or something like that. That's close enough to gauge whether or not they are decent.

I had that exact same question in mind when looking at Stubhub. I also wonder what kind of idiot tries to sell Lawn seats for 3x the face value when they are still available on Ticketbastard.

I won't buy a ticket if I can't get the exact seat number. I called a broker in Milwaukee and they happily gave me the seat numbers. I don't want to end up on the far outer edge of a section.

But that's just me...

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 29 2010, 07:55 PM)
I had that exact same question in mind when looking at Stubhub. I also wonder what kind of idiot tries to sell Lawn seats for 3x the face value when they are still available on Ticketbastard.

I won't buy a ticket if I can't get the exact seat number. I called a broker in Milwaukee and they happily gave me the seat numbers. I don't want to end up on the far outer edge of a section.

But that's just me...

That can be dicey in these shed especially. The seats on the outer edge are sometimes very far sideways...

Should have asked Stubhub first eh?

"We want to provide a level of guarantee for the tickets you purchase. Because most tickets are sent directly from the seller and are never in our possession, we are not able to guarantee exact seats. For example, if you purchase two tickets from a listing of six tickets, we cannot guarantee which two of the six the seller will send you.

In some cases, sellers may decide not to show the exact seats because they are linked to the seller's identity. Requiring the disclosure of seat information would make many sellers unwilling or unable to sell their tickets on StubHub, and that would reduce the number of tickets available for you to purchase."

So all the good seats are bought up by people who don't want them, so that I have to buy from them to get anywhere close. Woohoo!

I actually know that when someone sells tickets on Stubhub that

they ask if the seller wants to list the seat numbers or keep them

hidden from the buyer. I bought my most recent tickets for Rush

on Stubhub and the seller had the seat numbers listed. If they aren't

listed, I don't think you have a way to find out actual seats.

Edited by syd11

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 29 2010, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 29 2010, 07:55 PM)

But that's just me...

That can be dicey in these shed especially. The seats on the outer edge are sometimes very far sideways...

Yes, you can be screwed by line-of-sight obstacles if you dont know the exact seat and venue setup. A seat on the far side of a section that is up close, for example, can yield an obstructed view of say Neil's kit, if the outer part of the stage has speaker pillars or video screen pillars. Very hugely important to get the seat # if you want to avoid being burned

I always figured they hide seat numbers BECAUSE some seat numbers are worse than others, and they know that the less desirable ones will sell for less... so by hiding the seat numbers, they can still get more $$$ out of them. Even after reading this thread, I still think that has something to do with it sad.gif

I bit the bullet and bought the cheap 117 dollar ones in the section by the stage as opposed to the 237 dollar ones in the same row. After spending 400 a piece the last tour for 2nd row I thought I'd get pretty close for something more reasonable. Less eye contact and interaction this time around. sad.gif . Anyway the tickets arive tomorrow so I'll know what seats they are.

I've had good luck with StubHub in the past. Got front row for Metallica last year, not too crazy a price and sold a bunch of tickets on there as well to shows I couldnt make it to or got better tickets for.

I had a bad experience with football tickets bought thru stubhub last year. We were stopped at the gate and found out someone else had already entered using our tickets. Apparently this kind of thing happens from time to time. We weren't going home, so we decided to purchase individual seats and make the best of it.

On the positive side, stubhub was very accommodating. They apologized, did some investigation, and refunded our money in full.

Edited by GernTheFish

So the ticks are Sect 114 Row G Seats 7 and 8. At Pitts Consol Energy Center. Looks like cant be bad seats unless the angle gives me a lighting pole. Then I'll just ask Big Al to move over a bit on stage.

Between Cubs and Blackhawks tickets, I've purchased about 25 games through StubHub and have never once had a poor experience. It's a quality site, if you ask me.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 6 2010, 02:24 PM)
So the ticks are Sect 114 Row G Seats 7 and 8. At Pitts Consol Energy Center. Looks like cant be bad seats unless the angle gives me a lighting pole. Then I'll just ask Big Al to move over a bit on stage.

Ugh I hate those poles. I got sat right behind one when I saw them in Toronto in '08. Oh well, at least I was still able to hear them, right? sad.gif