If you think certain songs won't get dropped...

fonzbear2000

Did you ever think in a million years that Closer To The Heart and 2112 would ever get dropped? I sure didn't! I was also a bit surprised to see Time Stand Still, Red Sector A and Distant Early Warning get dropped, but the other 2? ohmy.gif WOW! What a shocker! So, anything is possible as far as songs such as Dreamline, Limelight, and Spirit Of Radio go. You never know what Rush will do or won't do. Edited by fonzbear2000

I guess that I was not surprised to see Time Stand Still or Red Sector A dropped. Closer to the Heart did surprise me though I was not missing it. Probably the only ones that wouls surprise me would be Spirit or Sawyer. We know we are getting TS, and I will be shocked is TSOR is dropped.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 23 2010, 11:39 PM)
There's 1 song out of the 8 or 9 "majors" that is out of this tour's setlist as well as one song that's been played during almost every recent tour that's out as well.

I sincerely hope that the "major" you refer to is not Subdivisions. My guess on the other one thats been played recently is Secret Touch.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 24 2010, 10:02 AM)
There's 1 song out of the 8 or 9 "majors" that is out of this tour's setlist as well as one song that's been played during almost every recent tour that's out as well.

I sincerely hope that the "major" you refer to is not Subdivisions. My guess on the other one thats been played recently is Secret Touch.

Either that or One Little Victory. I could care less about which one goes. I don't like either of em.

But not Subdivisions! It can't be Sawyer, Barchetta, Limelight, or YYZ, so what else is there?

The Spirit of Radio

Subdivisions (although this was only recently dropped for the VT tour)

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

That's really all I could think of. I hope it's DEW.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 23 2010, 09:21 PM)
Did you ever think in a million years that Closer To The Heart and 2112 would ever get dropped? I sure didn't! I was also a bit surprised to see Time Stand Still, Red Sector A and Distant Early Warning get dropped, but the other 2? ohmy.gif WOW! What a shocker! So, anything is possible as far as songs such as Dreamline, Limelight, and Spirit Of Radio go. You never know what Rush will do or won't do.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 23 2010, 11:57 PM)
So, does anyone have any thoughts on my post?

That comes across as a little needy, but I'll play...

Of all the songs you've mentioned, only "YYZ" and "Limelight" are untouchable. Not even "CTTH" and "2112" are must-plays -- there have been several tours where those songs weren't played.

In my estimation, these are the untouchables:

Tom Sawyer

Spirit Of Radio

Limelight

YYZ

Everything else is either a semi-regular (e.g. "Subdivisions" "Freewill" "2112") or up for grabs.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 24 2010, 10:33 AM)

Either that or One Little Victory. I could care less about which one goes. I don't like either of em.

But not Subdivisions! It can't be Sawyer, Barchetta, Limelight, or YYZ, so what else is there?

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

The Trees, Red Bartchetta, and 2112 were dropped on the first leg of Snakes and Arrows tour and DEW was dropped on the 2nd leg

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 24 2010, 05:18 PM)

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

The Trees, Red Bartchetta, and 2112 were dropped on the first leg of Snakes and Arrows tour and DEW was dropped on the 2nd leg

Yes, but they missed em so much they brought em back!

Seriously, I'm thinking it will be Freewill that gets the axe.

There really aren't 8 or 9 "major" songs that are played on every tour

TSOR

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Subdivisions

YYZ

That's really about it. And even 2112 was dropped for a time in the 90's

But if we count that, it's 6. Obviously, TS, YYZ, and Limelight will be played...there's no way they ever drop Spirit, so that leaves 2112 or Subdivisions maybe getting dropped. My guess would be 2112, just because Subdivisions being in the Canadain Hall of Fame and all that

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 24 2010, 05:58 PM)

TSOR

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Subdivisions

YYZ

But if we count that, it's 6. Obviously, TS, YYZ, and Limelight will be played...there's no way they ever drop Spirit, so that leaves 2112 or Subdivisions maybe getting dropped. My guess would be 2112, just because Subdivisions being in the Canadain Hall of Fame and all that

Aside from the 6 you mentioned, I categorize Dreamline, Freewill, & Closer to the Heart as "major" songs.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 24 2010, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 24 2010, 05:58 PM)

TSOR

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Subdivisions

YYZ

Aside from the 6 you mentioned, I categorize Dreamline, Freewill, & Closer to the Heart as "major" songs.

Oh yeah! Dreamline! That could go in both categories, either the new tour section or the "major" song section. Either way, I hope it's a goner.

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

Im thrilled we're getting Red Barchetta back! That song and Subdivisions should be constant staples in the setlist. Theyre too good not to play.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:26 PM)

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

Im thrilled we're getting Red Barchetta back! That song and Subdivisions should be constant staples in the setlist. Theyre too good not to play.

Just because they played RB on the 2nd leg of the S&A tour doesn't mean they'll play it on the upcoming tour. Unless you know something I don't.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:31 PM)

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

Just because they played RB on the 2nd leg of the S&A tour doesn't mean they'll play it on the upcoming tour. Unless you know something I don't.

Um................................ unsure.gif

You DO know they are playing Moving Pictures in its entirety, right?

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

red barchetta is probably my favorite rush tune.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 23 2010, 10:57 PM)
So, does anyone have any thoughts on my post?

No. Not at all

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:31 PM)

The Spirit of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Trees

Freewill

Um................................ unsure.gif

You DO know they are playing Moving Pictures in its entirety, right?

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif

Really, i think By,By Freewill. And that sucks