Once again, Disabled seats all gone..

craiglester

For the second tour in a row now ,The first row - which is reserved for Disabled patrons at Red Rocks, is mysteriously not available through ticketmaster, mere seconds after the show goes on sale. Only the Back row - Row 70 is available.

What gives? did Ticketmaster sell ALL the accessable seats to people who arent disabled? Have people cottoned on to the fact that the seats are pretty good, and are ordering them without being disabled?

Seeing as you have to Email Ticketmaster to request them, I'm extremely doubtful that all of them were sold in the front row - it seats like 80 people or so. I have a horrible feeling that the Presales, where you cannot request accessable tickets - are selling these seats on a first come first served basis, to anyone.

Has anyone with disablilites had any luck at Red Rocks recently? It's odd but this has only happened with Rush tours, and only since they started giving presales to cardmembers etc.

Vert Frustrating. Guess we wont be seeing Rush again.

Doesn't seem possible that there are 80 disabled people trying for tickets in the first seconds of the sale. You may want to contact the venue to see about this as you have a legitimate concern. Maybe they can give you some information on how to obtain a seat that is closer. Doesn't seem fair that you should have to sit in the back row when you are trying for seats on the first day. Good luck and I hope all works out.

QUOTE (craiglester @ Apr 17 2010, 04:39 PM)
For the second tour in a row now ,The first row - which is reserved for Disabled patrons at Red Rocks, is mysteriously not available through ticketmaster, mere seconds after the show goes on sale. Only the Back row - Row 70 is available.

What gives? did Ticketmaster sell ALL the accessable seats to people who arent disabled? Have people cottoned on to the fact that the seats are pretty good, and are ordering them without being disabled?

Seeing as you have to Email Ticketmaster to request them, I'm extremely doubtful that all of them were sold in the front row - it seats like 80 people or so. I have a horrible feeling that the Presales, where you cannot request accessable tickets - are selling these seats on a first come first served basis, to anyone.

Has anyone with disablilites had any luck at Red Rocks recently? It's odd but this has only happened with Rush tours, and only since they started giving presales to cardmembers etc.

Vert Frustrating. Guess we wont be seeing Rush again.

you have to call the venue directly, I believe. At least, that's what you have to do for Mohegan Sun. If all the Handicapped accessible seats are mysteriously unavailable, then I would lodge a complaint with the venue directly.

This is exactly what happened last tour @ the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto. Every single person in the front accessible seating was able bodied. When I asked them how they got their seats I was told "at auction". To make it worse there were no chairs left for any able bodied attendents who were there.

I'm calling Tuesday for the presale (just in case) but I think I know what's going to happen when the accessible seating goes on sale Friday.

If it does.........

Take Care

I think they can fill the handicapped seating with able-bodied people as long as there aren't handicapped people who need them. If they screw that up, though - I smell lawsuit. Rightfully so.

FYI...I ran into the same situation with the Handiapped seats @ Red Rocks. I sent an email to ticketmaster on 4/14 and asked if the accessible seating was available thru the presale.

Reply from ticketmaster:

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately, these wheelchair accessible seats are not available through presale or ticketexchange. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So I shot off an email to the contact person @ Red Rocks. The gentleman's name was Roger Garrison. I received a reply quickly stating that I sill had to call ticketmaster and make sure I spoke to a CSR.

Reply from Red Rocks:

You still need to purchase them through Ticketmaster. They are the ONLY authorized ticket seller. The accessible seats should be available if you otherwise qualify for the presale. Ask to speak with a Customer Service representative when you call. 1-800-745-3000.

So I called Ticketmaster at 09:59 MST on onsale day 4/17 and the only accessible seats available are row 70....

wtf.gif

QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Apr 18 2010, 11:13 AM)
FYI...I ran into the same situation with the Handiapped seats @ Red Rocks. I sent an email to ticketmaster on 4/14 and asked if the accessible seating was available thru the presale.

Reply from ticketmaster:

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately, these wheelchair accessible seats are not available through presale or ticketexchange. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So I shot off an email to the contact person @ Red Rocks. The gentleman's name was Roger Garrison. I received a reply quickly stating that I sill had to call ticketmaster and make sure I spoke to a CSR.

Reply from Red Rocks:

You still need to purchase them through Ticketmaster. They are the ONLY authorized ticket seller. The accessible seats should be available if you otherwise qualify for the presale. Ask to speak with a Customer Service representative when you call. 1-800-745-3000.

So I called Ticketmaster at 09:59 MST on onsale day 4/17 and the only accessible seats available are row 70....

wtf.gif

This happened on the past rush tour also.. and both tours had presales .. I feel someone somewhere in the presales is selling the tickets when theyre not supposed to.. neiter of the presales for this tour had the option to request accessable tickets. sad.gif

We've seen a few show at red rocks and never have seen the front row (disabled seating) completely full.. theres always a gap here and there. That theres never any available anymore.. and the only other accessable seats are literally the back row stinks to high heaven.

I called Mr Garrison and left a message asking if the policy had changed regarding row one @ red rocks.

Even the tickemaster site said accessable seating row 1 on the note section of the rush tour page.

I have a feeling you'll uncover a screwup somewhere if you are inclined to push this and dig a bit deeper. Sounds suspicious to me.

I got the BS from TM starting on Thursday with my seating request. 13 hours later they sent me an e-mail telling me the pre-sale was over. Really! This also happened to my friend from Canada who has 5% of his vision left. They told him he didn't have the pre-ale password but he did as I have his e-mail. There were a total of 5 pre-sales on this and there were no tix to be had.

From the get go yesterday I couldn't get a seat less than mid 50's. I was working several phones and I was told there was a block of seats in row 2 8,9,10,11. They could not release the block, so I had to wait for customer service. One lady tried to help me and got her supervisor on board. After waiting 20 minutes someone disconnected me and I had to start over! My seating requests via e-mail finally came back about 4 hours after the sale of course there were no seats available.

Yesterday my friend found 2 row 1 seats for sale for $960. Just pisses me off.

Tomorrow I am calling the local ADA office as well as finding out who is the top dog at TM. I think I may actually call a local news station. We absolutely have to stand up here. I am so tired of people getting tickets where they have no disability. There were NO seats available from 10 am on. Where did they go to I do not know but I got screwed again and TM needs to correct this for all of us that got nothing.

E-mail if you've had problems whether via e-mail or on the phone. I will give all this info to whomever I get a chance to talk to tomorrow.

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 18 2010, 02:23 PM)

I got the BS from TM starting on Thursday with my seating request. 13 hours later they sent me an e-mail telling me the pre-sale was over. Really! This also happened to my friend from Canada who has 5% of his vision left. They told him he didn't have the pre-ale password but he did as I have his e-mail. There were a total of 5 pre-sales on this and there were no tix to be had.
From the get go yesterday I couldn't get a seat less than mid 50's. I was working several phones and I was told there was a block of seats in row 2 8,9,10,11. They could not release the block, so I had to wait for customer service. One lady tried to help me and got her supervisor on board. After waiting 20 minutes someone disconnected me and I had to start over! My seating requests via e-mail finally came back about 4 hours after the sale of course there were no seats available.
Yesterday my friend found 2 row 1 seats for sale for $960. Just pisses me off. On top of that another friend called in right at 10 and they gave her row 2 seat 11, which is one of the seats I could not get access to.

Tomorrow I am calling the local ADA office as well as finding out who is the top dog at TM. I think I may actually call a local news station. We absolutely have to stand up here. I am so tired of people getting tickets where they have no disability. There were NO seats available from 10 am on. Where did they go to I do not know but I got screwed again and TM needs to correct this for all of us that got nothing.

E-mail if you've had problems whether via e-mail or on the phone. I will give all this info to whomever I get a chance to talk to tomorrow.

1287.gif

As long as the show isn't sold out completely, don't they have to provide accessible seating? They can't make you sit in, say, Row 75 smack in the middle just because all the handicapped seating is sold out and that's all that's available, right?

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 18 2010, 04:10 PM)
As long as the show isn't sold out completely, don't they have to provide accessible seating? They can't make you sit in, say, Row 75 smack in the middle just because all the handicapped seating is sold out and that's all that's available, right?

Yes, I'm pretty sure disabled seating NEEDS to be provided to the disabled.

No Mara they have x amount of seats that are for handicapped and when those are gone you have to look for a ticket anywhere there is one.

Row 1 and Row 70 (last row) are wheelchair accessible and row 2 is also used for vision and hearing impaired, but most of row 2 is for the general public, I think.

So, at 10 a.m. there should be some seats for sale and I couldn't get any and the more I look at the Rush boards I see more people were in the same boat as me. sad.gif

Edited by nobodys hero

RE: Molson Amphitheater July 13 2010

Well, I got through to an agent at 9:57 a.m.

She was really quite nice and talked to me for 3 minutes 'till the sale started and to my surprise ALL the accessible seating was available so I actually had my pick.

Took front row section 301 (Geddy's side) right on the aisle.

Totally unobstructed, completely under the roof, so people can go freakin' nuts jumping up and down in front of me and stand all night. I DON'T CARE ! I'm glad last tour's situation was an anomaly 'cause I was ready for a fight that thankfully never materialized.

I hope everybody else who needs accessible seats this year has just as much luck.

Take Care

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Apr 23 2010, 09:41 AM)

She was really quite nice and talked to me for 3 minutes 'till the sale started and to my surprise ALL the accessible seating was available so I actually had my pick.
Totally unobstructed, completely under the roof, so people can go freakin' nuts jumping up and down in front of me and stand all night. I DON'T CARE ! I'm glad last tour's situation was an anomaly 'cause I was ready for a fight that thankfully never materialized.
I hope everybody else who needs accessible seats this year has just as much luck.

Take Care

Thats great news - glad to hear it!

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 18 2010, 12:21 PM)
I have a feeling you'll uncover a screwup somewhere if you are inclined to push this and dig a bit deeper. Sounds suspicious to me.

Of course it sounds suspicious...that's because we are talking about TICKETMASTER. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Unfortunately, Ticketmaster screws with everyone in different ways.

To the OP, you can bet that not all disabled seating was scooped up right away. It is the exact same thing as to why people online refreshing right up until ticket sale time can rarely get anything better than middle to back section seating. They play mind games with everyone in order to ensure that most of the good seats (or seats in high demand) get given over to ticket brokers and such.

I really hope you can uncover a flaw in their system and expose them for what they are...no good pieces of sh*t.

Honestly though, I really hope you can get through and get the seats you deserve! No-one shall be left out of a Rush show! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Apr 23 2010, 09:41 AM)

Take Care

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Congrats...hopefully I'll see you there at the MA! yes.gif

I am not disabled but this whole scam of able-bodied people using seats allocated for disabled people really bothers me. About 2 years ago, I bought 2 seats on stubhub for a west palm show. They were in the first row of the left front section. I was not aware that this was an area of the venue reserved for disabled people until I received the tix in the mail--which clearly reflected that they were for wheelchairs. I contacted stubhub and said I would return the tix and get my money back--because I am not disabled and didn't want to deprive someone who needs that seat. They fought me on it--I escalated it about 2-3 levels and finally got my money back and returned the seats. The point is that the problem is two-fold. First, the venue should not sell them unless proof of disability is somehow given. Second, able-bodied people should not buy or take them. I know this may be an altruistic view, but it's the right one.