Mara

37 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your jeans?

• Straight leg
    • Skinny
    • Bootcut
    • Flare - I'm a 70's throwback!
    • Wouldn't be caught dead in jeans of any style

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 22 2010, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 22 2010, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Mar 22 2010, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 18 2010, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Mar 18 2010, 06:02 PM)
I hate the pants they have out now - all stretch or low riding. I hate clingy clothes, and no one wants to see granny undies under a pair of low riders.

Straight Leg jeans (Tall). I have jeans so old, the knees have worn and ripped half way round, and I refuse to throw them out. I wear them on weekends if I'm hanging around the house or in the garden.

I have some jeans like that that are covered in paint.

I used to like the Gloria Vanderbilt (no kidding) slim style, which I could get at Costco for $15/pair. They sat perfectly and were just great. Now they've done something with the sizes. Size 6 is the smallest they make, and it's too big for me. sad.gif As in falls-off too big.

laugh.gif I noticed that too! I think sizes for everything have gotten bigger to be honest. I am a size 4...have been for years. Now when I try anything on that's a size 4, it's too big. I know I haven't lost any weight, so the clothes have definitely gotten bigger.

I think a lot of that is that stupid stretch material woven into seemingly everything nowadays. Problem is, that shit keeps stretching throughout the day. By midmorning my pants are just loose enough to be annoying. By midafternoon, I need a belt to keep them up. Never mind the stretchy saggy ass.

I always, if I can, buy pants w/ stretch in them a size smaller because they might be snug at first but after one wearing, they fit perfectly. Jeans especially.

As for sizes being cut bigger, this is true. Depends on the store. I know if a store carries pant size 00, I can usually fit into a 2. If they start at 0 or 2, I need a 4 or bigger. The fact that 00 EXISTS bothers me a lot. Not because some women are that small, but the fact that 00 is truly what a 2 or 4 used to be years ago. But it makes women feel better when they fit into a smaller size and more than likely, women will shop at stores they happen to be "smaller" in.

Many bring up the fact Marilyn Monroe was a size 14/16 and yes, she was ... by the standards of her time. A 14/16 then is probably what an 8 is now I am guessing. I've read of designers who talk about size standards of today and yesteryear, so to speak and even they admit that a size whatever today is not what it was plenty of years ago.

It's all a mind game to get women to feel even more warped about their size and body image.

wacko.gif

I can't find anything that fits me unless it is a 10 or 12 tall. I think I am actually a size 11, but they don't make 11's, only on amplifiers... rimshot.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 18 2010, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 18 2010, 10:39 AM)
I like low cut with a lil flare. Skinny jeans are nice I just hate how they bunch up around my ankles even when I get the right length, which is why I like a lil bit of flare. But I do like the shape my legs get in skinny jeans. smile.gif

This is me exactly.

May fav jeans are my American Eagle boyfriend cut jeans, which I don't think they make anymore. They're low-rise with a good flair and nice and roomy, but not dumpy looking. I've had them so long, they have holes where the rivets are at the pockets, so I can't wear them in public, 'cause people can see my knickers through the holes. I wasn't aware of this until I wore them one Friday to work! laugh.gif

oops.gif

Quick & stylish fix for those rips...I repeat stylish!!!!

Get some white thread and just sew across the fray in the opposite direction.

ex: is the fray is left to right, sew up & down or visa versa!

I have actually seen jeans in store with the frays done this way...I was amazed. I could do that at home with my old ones and not spend any money and wear my fav house jeans out and about again!

As far as those straight leg skinny jeans...I had enough of those in the 80's with the scrunchy socks or leg warmers I don't need to go down that route again. I"ll leave those for the teens of the times!

I am still a simple Jeans girl, my favorite are Levis with a pair of flip flops. I'm just happy if jeans are long enough - nothing is worse than short jeans!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Mar 19 2010, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 18 2010, 09:13 PM)
what are mom jeans?  scared.gif

mom jeans are ridiculously high-waisted jeans that taper down to the ankle - no shape and they make your butt look ginormous....

This is the best image I could find for an example:

http://notenoughenvy.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/momjeans1.jpg

It's a screen cap from an SNL skit lol

That was supposed to be the sexy look when I was in high school... ugh. Jeans like that only work on skinny girls with no butt, if ever. Maybe it's regional, but I like girls in bootcut jeans (Northwest, its rainy, so... boots)

I like my wife in Levi's bootcut jeans. Just a guy's opinion.

I prefer straight leg. I've got a bit of a J-Lo, Kim Kardashian booty so I prefer something that sits a little lower and conforms to the butt. And contrary to what the "fashion experts" say, I don't think a wider ankle balances out my shape.

I used to wear NY & Co's East Side boot cuts and loved them because they sat at my hips nicely. Unfortunately, they stopped making them.

Now the jeans that I like best are plain ol' Levi's 515's. A guy stopped me once at Toys R Us and said "I don't mean to be crass, but your behind could sell a million of those jeans." OK, odd place for someone to bring that up but I was flattered all the same. blush4.gif Especially since he didn't attempt any further come on after that...simply walked away.

Speaking of Mom Jeans...Mischa Barton was just spotted out the other day wearing some banana yellow mom jeans. http://thesuperficial.com//bfm_gallery/2010/04/Mischa%20Barton%20leaving%20Starbucks%20in%20LA%204-4-2010/gallery_main/gallery_main-0405_mischa_wtf_11.jpg

Edited by TheBlonde

...I've forgotten what jeans are like.

I wear black leggings all the time.

sad.gif

I used to only wear flared... if it wasn't flared I thought it looked stupid. I hate those now. Can't stand anything with flare, think they look awful.

I wear skinnies and straight leg. I don't wear jeans that often though. I have like 3 pairs. Jeans can be uncomfortable for me to wear sometimes.

Edited by GeddyLeefan2112

Okay. WTF are "jeggings"? Saw those in Kohl's today.

I refuse to wear anything with such a stupid-ass name.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 31 2010, 03:53 PM)
Okay.  WTF are "jeggings"?  Saw those in Kohl's today.
I refuse to wear anything with such a stupid-ass name.

I had no idea so did a little google action and to my horror discovered that these are "jeggings":

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.stylelist.com/media/2009/08/jeggings-425kgs080509.jpg

Totally reminds me of something Olivia Newton-John wore in 'Grease.'

The only thing jeggings are good for are the boots-over-jeans look. Also, they are guranteed to fit on Fat Days because of stretch. Regular jeans are not as forgiving as we all know.

Vajazzling is disgusting and stupid.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 31 2010, 08:23 PM)
The only thing jeggings are good for are the boots-over-jeans look.  Also, they are guranteed to fit on Fat Days because of stretch.  Regular jeans are not as forgiving as we all know.

Vajazzling is disgusting and stupid.

Going to Google "vajazzling", though I've a feeling I shouldn't. . .

edit: I was right. ILG, spot on. That is in the Top Five of Dumbest Things The Human Brain Has Ever Concocted.

Edited by Mara