3 consecutive Albums

The Owl

My list:

Rush: Caress Of Steel, 2112, AFTK (it really hurts me not to include Hemispheres but I still gota go with COS)

Zep: I, II, III

Yes: Yes Album, Fragile, Close To The Edge

Floyd: Dark Side, WYWH, Animals

Allmans: ABB, Idlewild South, Eat A Peach (glad Metaldad had this one)

Grateful Dead: Aoxomoxoa, Workingman's Dead, American Beauty (how Goober didn't have this one is a huge mystery)

Black Crowes: Shake Your Money Maker, Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Amorica

Hendrix: his three studio albums - duh (also amazed these haven't been mentioned yet)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 10 2010, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 10 2010, 07:35 PM)
Hendrix:  his three studio albums - duh (also amazed these haven't been mentioned yet)

doh.gif facepalm.gif

I thought of that, but it seems a little silly when a group had ONLY 3 albums to say they were their best 3. wink.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 10 2010, 05:35 PM)
Grateful Dead:  Aoxomoxoa, Workingman's Dead, American Beauty (how Goober didn't have this one is a huge mystery)

laugh.gif

Simple, dude - my fave 3 Dead albums are not sequential - Anthem of the Sun, Aoxomoxoa, Wake of the Flood.

wink.gif

R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction, Lifes Rich Pageant, Document

Frank Zappa - 1) Uncle Meat, Hot Rats, Burnt Weeny Sandwich

Frank Zappa - 2) Waka/Jawaka, The Grand Wazoo, Overnite Sensation

Autechre - Incunabula, Amber, Tri Repetae

Boris - Flood, Heavy Rocks, Akuma no Uta

Butthole Surfers - Psychic...Powerless...Another Man's Sac, Rembrandt Pussyhorse, Locust Abortion Technician

Can - Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Future Days

Captain Beefheart - Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller), Doc at the Radar Station, Ice Cream for Crow

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country, Green River, Willy and the Poor Boys

Death - Human, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic

QUOTE (Rush! @ Mar 11 2010, 01:57 PM)

Believe it or not, I actually have the first two albums you mentioned by them. This was back during my brief ambient/electronic phase in the 90's. I haven't listened to them in forever to see if I still like them. Putting one on now...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 9 2010, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 9 2010, 05:25 PM)
Kiss

Hotter Than Hell
Destroyer
Rock & Roll Over

Dressed to Kill, baby, Dressed to Kill!

Agreed.

KISS

Dressed To Kill, Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over.

Iron Maiden

Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind (I really want to do the first three, but each of these has a significant new addition to the band)

Beatles

Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, The Beatles (White Album)

(Note: Magical Mystery Tour is technically not an album release, it was an EP with B-Sides originally released together in America. The "album" version that exists now is strictly for the CD releases which first appeared in 1987. Nor was Yellow Submarine which was a compilation of singles with three new tracks [Hey Bulldog, Only A Northern Song, and It's All Too Much]. One could even argue Sgt. Pepper, The Beatles and Abbey Road because Let It Be was released after Abbey Road, even though it was recorded before)

Rush

Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures

Eagles

One Of These Nights, Hotel California, The Long Run

Creedence

Green River, Willy and the Poor Boys, Cosmo's Factory

Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk

Police

Zenyatta Mondatta, Ghost in the Machine, Synchronicity

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Texas Flood, Couldn't Stand the Weather, Soul to Soul

Who

Tommy, Who's Next, Quadrophenia

Yes

The Yes Album, Fragile, Close To The Edge

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 10 2010, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 10 2010, 03:54 AM)
Caravan - surprised no one's done them yet!?!
-If I could do it all over again, i'd do it all over you
-In the land of gray and pink
-waterloo lily

I thought of doing them, and with those 3 albums even. I'm just not sure if I prefer Waterloo Lily or For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night...

Great minds think alike! wink.gif and yeah, it was a tough split between waterloo and girls who go plump...

And it's actually thanks to you and your radio show that I even know some of my favorite bands right now: Camel, Caravan, Van Der Graaf Generator, etc. Keep up the good work feeding my head dude! trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 11 2010, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Mar 11 2010, 01:57 PM)

Believe it or not, I actually have the first two albums you mentioned by them. This was back during my brief ambient/electronic phase in the 90's. I haven't listened to them in forever to see if I still like them. Putting one on now...

It's decent stuff, but a bit repetitive. I guess that's somewhat the point with ambient music, but I wish it was a little more dynamic or interesting. Some of it is more interesting than other parts...

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 13 2010, 01:29 AM)
-waterloo lily

I thought of doing them, and with those 3 albums even. I'm just not sure if I prefer Waterloo Lily or For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night...

Great minds think alike! wink.gif and yeah, it was a tough split between waterloo and girls who go plump...

And it's actually thanks to you and your radio show that I even know some of my favorite bands right now: Camel, Caravan, Van Der Graaf Generator, etc. Keep up the good work feeding my head dude! trink39.gif

biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 13 2010, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 13 2010, 01:29 AM)
-waterloo lily

biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

Forgot all about Caravan!

Archived