Caption a Random Image III

Ghost of a Rider

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 4 2010, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 4 2010, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 4 2010, 11:02 PM)
Yeah, I use to take it too seriously also, but then Janie gave me some advice and since then it's all been fun and games! Also, thelocator, you insulted everyone that plays this game and then you came back with a new name and we figured out pretty quickly who you were from you're first caption. I was just having a little fun and hoping to maybe make Bob laugh at the same time.
Nothing you can say to me or about me is going to upset me. It's all fun and it's just the internet and this is just a forum and I don't hold grudges or want to beat up anyone! The secret to being funny is to cater to you're audience. If it was not funny to the audience then you bombed. I do try to throw in some captions that I normally wouldn't have in the past for some people and I have won with those on occasion. I didn't think that they were all that funny but the person who was choosing did. The whole idea is to make someone else laugh and not to make yourself laugh. My attitude has totally changed and I owe Janie for making me see things differently.

Thanks Janie

P.S. It's just a stupid F#cking game!!!!!!!!

Post of the year.

Yep, that's the way to play this game.

This game is played every day, and has been going strong for almost six years. We're on our third version of it! If people didn't like the way it was played or weren't having fun with it, it wouldn't have lasted this long.

Thanks snowdogged. smile.gif

This is just a game and games should be fun. Not thought of as a competition. Not this game anyway.

Everyone who plays this game has a slightly (or obviously) different sense of humor. What I enjoy, is reading everyone's captions. People focus on different things or perceive images in a way that maybe I wouldn't and then coming up with something funny about it is what draws me to this game and keeps me playing. I know my captions won't win all the time. I don't want them too. What would be the fun in that? I do wish other people would caption though just so we could see a whole new mess of comedy.

This latest picture is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I can sort of think of something funny but really, my "joke" is kind of lame which is why so far I haven't captioned it. I love that others are captioning it.

Visual depiction of the internal turmoil of Selma Shields and the locator. The stormy seas represent the swelling of the ego and gender confusion. Was this person a black man or a white woman? We may never know, but the answer lies somewhere over the rainbow... Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 6 2010, 03:16 PM)
This latest picture is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I can sort of think of something funny but really, my "joke" is kind of lame which is why so far I haven't captioned it. I love that others are captioning it.

Yeah, well, that's why I didn't enter a caption for the picture that you put up last time. There were already some pretty funny ones and I couldn't really even think of anything that would come close to those ones.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
Visual depiction of the internal turmoil of Selma Shields and the locator. The stormy seas represent the swelling of the ego and gender confusion. Was this person a black man or a white woman? We may never know, but the answer lies somewhere over the rainbow...

Sorry, rushgoober, but you are eliminated from this round. I asked people to quit with thelocator captions when I posted the picture. My picture, my rules! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 6 2010, 01:40 PM)

Yeah, well, that's why I didn't enter a caption for the picture that you put up last time. There were already some pretty funny ones and I couldn't really even think of anything that would come close to those ones.

But I think you're funny. Remember, you aren't competing with existing captions, just caption. Once, I was reading captions for someone else's photo and I laughed so hard at what others had posted, I went ahead and captioned anyway and to my surprise, won the damn thing.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 6 2010, 03:48 PM)

But I think you're funny. Remember, you aren't competing with existing captions, just caption. Once, I was reading captions for someone else's photo and I laughed so hard at what others had posted, I went ahead and captioned anyway and to my surprise, won the damn thing.

But, I had nothing that I considered even remotely funny! Sometimes I am in the zone and come up with five good ones in ten minutes and sometimes I just draw a blank.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 6 2010, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 6 2010, 03:48 PM)

But, I had nothing that I considered even remotely funny! Sometimes I am in the zone and come up with five good ones in ten minutes and sometimes I just draw a blank.

That's me with this recent photo!

I'm stuck on, "Look at dis crazy white beetch" in a Jamaican voice. I can't quite do a white girl vacationing in Jamaica, looking at a rainbow... rum... waterfall... kind of a joke. I got nothing.

Besides, that water looks so good all I can think about is swimming in what I can imagine is nice, warm water. Of course, I wouldn't want someone holding me by the ankles...

http://www.thekatzes.com/galleries/zambia/images/looking%20over%20victoria%20falls.jpg

With this photograph, I was attempting to depict the ever-changing state of race and gender in North America; how far we've come, and what vistas must still be conquered. The woman represents all women. She goes forth unencumbered in a brave new world, where unfair divisions have been broken down; still tentative amidst stormy seas, yet with courage and confidence, ever moving towards the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The black man represents all minorities. His confusion mirrors that of the disenfranchised. Uncertain how to move forward, he looks behind him for guidance, knowing full well his answers do not lie in the past. It is only when he turns toward an unlimited future and fully embraces his own inherent worth that he will he truly make the strides he stives for. The white man, though un-pictured, dominates the image, always looming on the horizon, both as a representation of all that is most accepted, and to illustrate the illusory nature of that ideal.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2010, 04:04 PM)
http://www.thekatzes.com/galleries/zambia/images/looking%20over%20victoria%20falls.jpg

With this photograph, I was attempting to depict the ever-changing state of race and gender in North America; how far we've come, and what vistas must still be conquered.  The woman represents all women.  She goes forth unencumbered in a brave new world, where unfair divisions have been broken down; still tentative amidst stormy seas, yet with courage and confidence, ever moving towards the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The black man represents all minorities.  His confusion mirrors that of the disenfranchised.  Uncertain how to move forward, he looks behind him for guidance, knowing full well his answers do not lie in the past.  It is only when he turns toward an unlimited future and fully embraces his own inherent worth that he will he truly make the strides he stives for.  The white man, though un-pictured, dominates the image, always looming on the horizon, both as a representation of all that is most accepted, and to illustrate the illusory nature of that ideal.

I guess he doesn't read other peoples posts or maybe he just doesn't read mine. z7shysterical.gif

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 6 2010, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
Visual depiction of the internal turmoil of Selma Shields and the locator.  The stormy seas represent the swelling of the ego and gender confusion.  Was this person a black man or a white woman?  We may never know, but the answer lies somewhere over the rainbow...

Sorry, rushgoober, but you are eliminated from this round. I asked people to quit with thelocator captions when I posted the picture. My picture, my rules! bekloppt.gif

Oh, I get your last post now, as I just saw this! doh.gif laugh.gif

I only did it (and yes, I read what you wrote) because I couldn't think of anything else to caption about. I was hoping you'd be a tad more forgiving. tongue.gif

Anyway, I came up with a different caption later and I hope it will still be considered. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 6 2010, 05:04 PM)

With this photograph, I was attempting to depict the ever-changing state of race and gender in North America; how far we've come, and what vistas must still be conquered. The woman represents all women. She goes forth unencumbered in a brave new world, where unfair divisions have been broken down; still tentative amidst stormy seas, yet with courage and confidence, ever moving towards the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The black man represents all minorities. His confusion mirrors that of the disenfranchised. Uncertain how to move forward, he looks behind him for guidance, knowing full well his answers do not lie in the past. It is only when he turns toward an unlimited future and fully embraces his own inherent worth that he will he truly make the strides he stives for. The white man, though un-pictured, dominates the image, always looming on the horizon, both as a representation of all that is most accepted, and to illustrate the illusory nature of that ideal.

is it really you Goobs? or was some locator gene somehow spliced onto your DNA string while you were sleeping..or maybe a locator pod was left in your bedroom and here you are...one of "them", emotionless yet somehow almost human...or are you truly intellectual, not just some pseudo intellectual cyber punkass

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 5 2010, 10:21 PM)
The Cuban refugee just knew that beyond the rainbow was America. If only his blow up sex doll would stay inflated those few miles.

That's some pretty twisted humor there! Totally my kind of humor! You should play this more often!

You're up, RushRevisited!

P.S. I also thought Wide-Angled Watcher's was quite good!