Wheelchair-bound fan impaled at AC/DC gig

Steevo

A wheelchair-bound fan has been seriously injured at an AC/DC concert in Brisbane after being catapulted into a mosh pit causing a metal rod to be impaled in his eye.

The quadriplegic man was enjoying the concert at Brisbane's Queensland Sport and Athletic Centre when a friend accidentally hit a joystick on his motorised wheelchair.

That propelled him more than a metre down into the mosh pit where a metal pin that the man uses to maneuver objects embedded in his eye.

A witness told SkyNews that the man's friend was "shattered, just devastated by what happened".

Paramedics attended to the injured man who is reportedly out of intensive care but remains in a serious, but stable condition.

The 31-year-old became paralysed after being involved in a truck accident.

The venue has been slammed for the lack of barriers at the front of the wheelchair podium.

Stadiums Queensland issued a statement saying it was aware of the incident and was investigating.

I remember being near the mosh pit at Primus at the front of the stage and this dude in a wheelchair came rolling in. When the crowd started rushing the stage, I got nailed right into that chair and my whole right side of my body was bruised for about a week. He eventually had to get wheeled out cause everyone was gonna tear his chair apart just cause they couldnt see him and the crowd kept pushing.

Holy crap, poor guy. I wonder why it was so easy for his friend to bump the joystick out of "neutral"; can't you lock those things in place?

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 1 2010, 11:42 PM)
Holy crap, poor guy. I wonder why it was so easy for his friend to bump the joystick out of "neutral"; can't you lock those things in place?

That is exactly what I was wondering.

Impaled in the eye? *SHUDDER*CRINGE*

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 2 2010, 03:42 AM)

Yes you can. My wife always does this when we go to concerts. You never know when someone will knock into you.

Poor guy though.... sad.gif

That poor man! It's difficult enough being a quadriplegic, but now this too!?

As far of mosh pits, I really don't get them either. I will never forget watching the The Who and The Clash (what a line-up, I know wacko.gif ). When The Clash came on and all the punkers moved forward it was HORRIBLE to watch. People being crushed and laying on the ground bloody, how can that be a good concert experience? confused13.gif

Archived