The Official 2010 "I Hate VD" Thread

Mara

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 14 2011, 04:46 PM)
I have venereal diseases too

ohmy.gif scared.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 14 2011, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 14 2011, 08:36 PM)
I'm celebrating my 31st V-Day alone, as usual.

There's some lovely sweaty Chinese ladies in bikinis waiting for ya over in SOCN.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 7 2010, 11:56 PM)
I hate VD too. I had it once, and hope I never get it again. The itching was pretty annoying.

Ummmm, wait..... unsure.gif

ohmy.gif are you showing your age? isn't it now called SDT?

or, maybe you just read that somewhere...

Every time I heard coworkers wishing each other 'Happy Valentine's Day' or when vendors say it to me, I scratch my head in confusion.

Isn't Valentine's Day suppose to be for lovers, sweethearts, spouses and any other forms of being/hoping to be a couple?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 14 2011, 02:59 PM)
We had a lovely day. Went for lunch, minus kids(yippee!!), later on had a lovely dinner, with a faaaabulous bottle of bordeaux, and we've just shared a bottle of champagne and watched The Wedding Singer.

http://www.gamesforyou.ic.cz/hry/images/vanoce2.jpg

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 14 2011, 06:55 PM)
Every time I heard coworkers wishing each other 'Happy Valentine's Day' or when vendors say it to me, I scratch my head in confusion.
Isn't Valentine's Day suppose to be for lovers, sweethearts, spouses and any other forms of being/hoping to be a couple?

Yeah, I know - the checkout lady at the grocery store wished me a Happy Valentine's Day. . . confused13.gif

As far as I know, she has no interest in coupling up with me.

My husband called and told me he got me a "small" token. So I have baked him a pan of brownies. (Yes, I remembered to buy milk to go with them).

The one year I have all planned out and it's the first year in over 4 that I can't see my significant other because our profs decided it was a good idea to give out midterms as a V-day gift. Ah well, I'll save this for out anniversary.

This year reminded me why I once hated this day.

Edited by usb_connector

Still single, still hate it laugh.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 14 2011, 07:08 PM)
Can't stand V Day. Everyone is either stressed trying to find something to buy for their girlfriend/boyfriend, or all the single people are depressed.

Only 2 hours left until its over biggrin.gif

5 hours left here. Tell me what it's like on the other side, what it's like to be at the bright exit of the dark tunnel! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 14 2011, 10:15 PM)
(wow, it's like TRF single teen male corner)

What do you expect? We're all Rush fans and there are only seven females at any given Rush concert. tongue.gif

But -- but Valentine's Day isn't all bad!

The very next day was the writer of this post's birthday the start of Lupercalia!

In, uh, Ancient Rome.

Besides, all we're really celebrating is the fact that a man was executed on this day because he was illegally performing marriage ceremonies for couples. But he did it in the name of love, so I guess that makes him significant? 8D

"From your Valentine... right before I die."

Makes the holiday a little more tragic. Too bad, really.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 14 2011, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 14 2011, 10:15 PM)
(wow, it's like TRF single teen male corner)

What do you expect? We're all Rush fans and there are only seven females at any given Rush concert. tongue.gif

Ah! I finally understand the 1 of the 7's name!

I'm nodding along with your realization!

When I was in college (all right, quit it with the four score and blah blah years ago stuff), we had a great tradition. Those who were in couples and happy about the day would wear their red or pink or regular clothes. Those single dressed completely in black (if they didn't already, hehe). The black served a two-fold purpose of thumbing one's nose at the day, yet also indicating that you were available to those who might not already know.

Consider that black is a flattering "color", and one can see how some hook-ups began among those wearing it on the day!

I think I spent two years each in black and in a festive color.